Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.12  (Read 63695 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.12
« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2018, 05:18:14 pm »

9th Limestone, 256

I met with Limul, who cried and yelled about her accidental murder and consequent imprisonment. I hope she can put this behind her. She's only nineteen.

She seemed to feel better afterward. She left to go make some rock mugs as the caravan from the mountainhome arrived. I decided to forbid exporting crowns.

17th Limestone, 256

A giant wolf happened upon a group of administrators while they were hauling worn clothing from the corpses outside. They beat it up, and then a master swordsdwarf walked up and stabbed it in the brain. This is good.

23rd Limestone, 256

I met with the liaison and requested raw materials in bulk. Wood, metal, thread, etc. Limul says he's getting great amounts of books, clay, wood, instruments, etc. for the worn clothing.

The liaison says the moutainhome wants spears, war hammers, meat, handwear, headwear, toys, quivers, windows, cloth, goblets, ammunition, shields, and of course food.

24th Limestone, 256

Apparently Limul likes eating moghoppers. What a strange behavior, yet it seems to have cheered him up.

25th Limestone, 256

Mental health is at an all-time low. Ushrir has stopped responding to the world and Sodel has slipped into depression.

Akko just... Akko just killed Diggy. And she wasn't even transformed at the time. She just became enraged with everyone and started punching him with incredible force. His head is exploded. The rest of his body is broken gore.

26th Limestone, 256

Akko mangled Justin's pet's leg. She must be stopped.

27th Limestone, 256

She wants to clean herself, does she? She may clean the blood off her hands, but her soul is permanently stained.

28th Limestone, 256

Akko came quietly when Killermartian came to imprison her.

2nd Sandstone, 256

The Takers of Trading have returned from their exploration of the human ruin Taxedgray. They recovered three books, one of them an academic work on the use of scratch tests in geology.

5th Sandstone, 256

Avuz slipped into depression and Dastot went stark raving mad. Mesm Ilosinur, a human bowman, is visiting. Welcome to Breakfastpit. We have no breakfast, only insanity.

7th Sandstone, 256

Carch has gone mad again and is punching everyone he comes across. Ral Tumamurdim the woodcutter was left bruised and in shock, and the farmer Dobar Mebzuthablel's lunch was interrupted by a punch to his leg.

Ablel Mosusnazom decided to punch back on the stairs by the justice hall. She's now bruised all over.

8th Sandstone, 256

Killermartian beat Carch today. It went well until he kicked Carch's left foot and it exploded into gore. Carch tried to evade Killermartian by resting in the hospital, but Killermartian followed him and punched him in the head, twisting his neck.

9th Sandstone, 256

Noloc cleaned Carch and diagnosed him with light and moderate bruising in a dozen places, a torn muscle in the right ankle, a smashed-apart left foot bone, a torn ligament and tendon in the left ankle, and torn skin in the neck.

Then Sazir started throwing a tantrum as a goblin corpse pulled itself out of the pit and terrorized the fisherdwarves and Lor Kodorzas the planter slipped into depression. Everything is falling to pieces around me.

Tekkud Nishothsin the great surgeon is working on Ablel Mosusnazom's cut left hand and wrist.

The zombie injured three fisherdwarves before the militia arrived. Udib Lumashcilob the fishery worker had his neck, right foot, and head torn open and bruised. He was lucky, however - Litast Mistemes the fisherdwarf had most of her body bruised, cut open, or mangled beyond recognition. She's probably lost her ability to stand or grasp anything. Meng Zanoszuglar was killed by the zombie.

10th Sandstone, 256

Treating the injured dwarves is made more challenging by the absence of SQman, the chief medical dwarf. He's off on an expedition to conquer a goblin settlement. But while he's gone, nobody knows how to read his files.

Akko transformed in her cage, but can't manage to damage the nickel bars. Hmm... that gives me an idea.

12th Sandstone, 256

The Distractions of Lancing have returned from their assault on Sorrowdungeons. They killed a single troll and took no losses.

13th Sandstone, 256

Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger. Mostly rangers and farmers.

20th Sandstone, 256

We have brought all our drinks to the depot. All in all, they total 4006 worth. 813 drinks. That's just over 1 percent of the quota. Still, it's an all-time high.

The caravan is getting tired of waiting. They say to bring the food. We cannot wait any longer. I order the cooks to stop, and we bring over what we've made.

25th Sandstone, 256

Memphis and Kogan are discussing diseases in the library. Kogan seems to appreciate the new library.

The Takers of Trading went on another Roomsounded expedition, recovering six books: Pathways To The Tower, Do You Know Loss?, The Tower And Other Topics, Creation: Natural Or Supernatural?, Untitled, and Question Minkot Slingbirth.

...aaaaand Do You Know Loss? is The Book. It's the one that holds the secrets of life and death. No way is that going in the library. I don't feel like turning half the fortress into necromancers. Lokum says it seemed to call to him, but he made sure not to read it. Kogan carefully peeked inside and said she saw twisting runes and arcane signs. I'm locking that up somewhere secret.

28th Sandstone, 256

Kogan estimates 5 Urists per unprepared meal and 125 Urists per prepared meal. This means 510 prepared meals and 972 unprepared meals.

((Note: I'm counting unprepared (raw) meals and prepared (cooked) meals separately, since if they're combined, either cooks make hundreds of meals out of the aether or unprepared meals dwindle into irrelevance.))

1st Timber, 256

My last month as overseer. I must make it count.

The scholars are enjoying their scholarly activities. Auze is currently working on trigonometric geometry, he tells me. I was skeptical that his work had any practical uses, but he told me it could be useful in architecture, although that wasn't his main motivation. Kogan is sitting next to him, pondering quadratic equations (apparently the study of multiplying things by themselves) and Memphis is reading a codex called The Market: Problems and Solutions, which he says is about solving economic issues. They seem happy together.

Akko has been walled off in the prison. We can't afford to let her out, even to transfer her back to her larger cell. She'll remain in her cell-within-a-cell, possibly forever.

6th Timber, 256

The marksdwarf training tower embedded into the hill has been completed. It works... sort of. I was hoping that most of the bolts would be retrievable. But we're still getting experience.'

An angry ghost battered Ablel Mosusnazom. She's already injured from Carch's tantrums, and now she's missing her left leg. Her fellow engravers rush to appease the raging phantasm.

8th Timber, 256

I have had enough of tantrums! Now the ghostly Thob is tantruming as well.

10th Timber, 256

Limul the broker is engraving Thob's slab now.

Kogan and Memphis are excitedly discussing quadratics while Auze reads about the fortress Chewedmenaced.

13th Timber, 256

It's kind of scary to walk right next to a zombie to retrieve your bolts, even if you know it can't get you. I've ordered a hatch installed to block the view of the zombie when we're not firing.

Also, you might think that we'd be starving since we traded away all edible food. But we're not. The drink situation is precarious, but we have large stores of tallow and flour. With the master cooks in this fortress, that can be converted to masterpiece roasts faster than we can eat them.

14th Timber, 256

Limul is stumbling around obliviously. I feel sorry for her.

17th Timber, 256

Sazir looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Sazir's been unhappy for a while, but that seems to have turned around... in completely the wrong way. He's scarily happy. I'm staying away from him.

19th Timber, 256

Thob has been put to rest.

Sazir just murdered Dastot. To be honest, Dastot was about to die. He was insane and dehydrated. But that's still wrong and creepy.

23rd Timber, 256

Sazir has made a bracelet out of Dastot's bones. He calls it Lidodmugshith Inruslam, and claims it in the name of the family ancestor Kadol Boltslings.

That's really creepy. Urdim agrees. She witnessed Dastot's death firsthand, and she was horrified by it. But she still says we should show mercy.

24th Timber, 256

Did Sazir just accuse himself of killing Dastot? I'm confused. Does he think what he did was wrong?

25th Timber, 256

Carch committed another crime at some point, and today he was beaten. Killermartian kicked the hand that Carch was using to hold his crutch, tearing muscle and bruising bone. I'm not sure Carch will be able to walk anymore, or even hold anything. I'm sure SQman will do her best to patch him up, though.

1st Moonstone, 256

It's been exactly one year since I became overseer. As per the rules, it's time to step down.

Despite it all, I'm feeling confident about the fortress. I think I'm comfortable stepping down as overseer. We will be successful.

Notes to my successor: there are two levers in the tavern. The east should be linked to the Breakfast Pit tunnel bridge if it isn't already, and the west one will open/shut the zombie hatch. It needs to be open for marksdwarves to practice, but if you don't shut it, dwarves might fall in as they collect the bolts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:12:28 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalěs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2018, 06:46:15 pm »

I wonder what kind of pet I had.

Good job though, couldn't imagine dealing with all the stressed out dwarves. In the fort I'm currently running I had one guy go nuts because he worked to much, and I drug my feet setting up a tavern (he highly valued partying) so I sent him on a suicide quest against a tower, before he could hurt someone.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2018, 08:42:02 pm »

Your pet is Kivish, a turkey hen. She just grew up to be a hen recently, on the 17th of Sandstone 256.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2018, 10:56:40 pm »

How many squads are out? I recall some this year's vanilla crashes have been linked to raiding, though it is apparently not the fault of Distractions of Lancing.

Could be something else; 27th limestone != 12th Sandstone.

"I'm trading now. I gave them the cut clear glass someone made out of my disastrous attempt at ordering clear glass blocks, and got five peaches in exchange. I... I think that was a good trade?"

Pffft.

" He then picked up a pile of rhinoceros bones and tried throwing it, but it somehow struck his right hand and made it explode."

Skillful. Reminds me of that troll who threw a dwarf into a wall and hit themselves twice with the dwarf in doing so.

I hope the prison is nice to Kosoth.

"I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was eating a moghopper."

Well, at least it is not parchment.

Good plan with markszombie training.

And poor crab, keeps dying and coming back in time.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2018, 11:47:08 pm »

Turn Finished. Link here.

To the next overseer: please continue making clear glass and putting it on the roof of the southern farms. It's simple: just turn wood into ash at a wood furnace, ash into potash in an ashery, potash into pearlash at a kiln, and combine pearlash and sand into clear glass blocks at a glass furnace. Very simple and streamlined process. :P

Warnings:

1. Don't let Akko out. She's a murderer and a werebeast. Just keep her walled off in the prison.

2. Don't unforbid Do You Know Loss?. It holds the secrets to life and death, and I couldn't find a way to get it out of the library (artifacts can't be dumped). As long as it's forbidden, nobody will read it.

Be aware of the following entrances to the fortress:

1. The main entrance, at the north end of the longhouse. Almost nobody uses it except for the fisherdwarves, who have a life expectancy of half a year because they fish in an evil sea on the bonesand beach. There's a lever in the longhouse to shut it.

2. The door leading to the flood-monument. Nobody can directly path in, but if they fall into the monument-pit, they can probably get into the fortress. You should probably wall that off.

3. The tavern entrance on the western side of the longhouse. This is also closed by the longhouse lever.

4. The depot entrance in a hill to the southwest of the fortress. The lever to this is hidden to the southeast of the depot, in a small mossy chamber.

5. The Breakfast Pit. It can be closed off from the surface using the southern lever in the control room to the north of the tunnel that leads from the Pit to the mid-deep-fortress. There is a bridgehouse covering the staircase down. It does nothing. The operational bridge is deeper, past the old jewel mines. However, to actually use the Pit, you must open that bridge. The water can be released with the northern levers in the control room. There is only a rock door between the tunnel and the Pit. The Pit can be accessed from the first cavern by climbing down one level. The Pit leads down to the second cavern. You can seal off the entire Pit (but also the marksdwarves' fortifications) by using the eastern lever in the aboveground tavern.

I would focus on keeping dwarves happy and secure. Improve morale however you can (meet needs, rotate to allow downtime), and keep improving fortress security (wall off the monument, improve Pit security [perhaps a guard?], roof off the farms).
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:10 pm »

How many squads are out? I recall some this year's vanilla crashes have been linked to raiding, though it is apparently not the fault of Distractions of Lancing.

Could be something else; 27th limestone != 12th Sandstone.

I think the crash happened when I tried to view a dwarf. Not sure if it was the same dwarf both times. I've also been getting crashes at game start, so it could just be overall instability.

I hope the prison is nice to Kosoth.

The prison was alright. The beating waiting for him when he left it... not so much. He's currently drifting in and out of consciousness on the prison floor, depressed and in intense pain. He can't stand up, and it's hard for him to grasp anything. Nobody seems to care enough to bring him to the hospital.

"I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was eating a moghopper."

Well, at least it is not parchment.

I don't see why it's parchment in particular, but yes, I suppose there are worse things to eat than verminous amphibians.

Good plan with markszombie training.

Good plan but problems in practice - counter to advertisements, the bolts mostly go through the tube and don't pile up on the floor by the turn. Haulers will probably dodge into the zombie pit, and I don't know how to keep haulers out when the hatch is open. (Maybe link the same lever to the hatch and a bridge blocking passage to the bolt pile?) But at least it's a safe and repeatable way of training, and we can recover maybe a third of the bolts.

And poor crab, keeps dying and coming back in time.

It is in its nature to die and rise again.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #351 on: October 01, 2018, 12:15:08 am »

Last in-character post as overseer:

Dozebom looks up as the dwarf walks into the room. "Ah, you're the new overseer," he said. "Vaporo, was it? Good luck. You'll need it. Here's a few more things you'll need to succeed and not kill us all..."

[one hour later]

"No, no, lye is a pointless diversion. Turning ash into potash is much more efficient."

[one hour later]

"And remember, the small mossy room contains three levers. Only two of them do anything. And you have to include it in any burrows you designate. I forgot to do that when the goblins attacked, since it was so small and out of the way. If attackers disappear, check under the bridges. They may be stuck in the sub-bridge pit." Vaporo yawned.

"Oh, and one last thing," Dozebom noted. "Never stick your hand behind the southern bookcase in the library. It holds a dark and terrible secret."

"Are you joking?" asked Vaporo?

"Not a bit. We stole it from the necromancers. The scholars refused to let it leave the library, so we came to a compromise. It stays in the library, but nobody can ever find it. And another thing - there are walled-off areas all over the fortress. The one in the jails contains Akko. She's murderously insane and turns into a giant pig every month. Don't let her out. The wall to the north of the jails leads to the first cavern. Some locked doors in the main fortress might lead to nothing but water. It's to keep the mist running in the temple. Oh, and remember. Only open one water gate at a time when operating the Breakfast Pit. If you open them all, the output is less than impressive."

[one hour later]

"There are five corpse stockpiles and three catacomb systems. You should probably work on consolidating the corpse stockpiles, although you'll have to be careful not to move the corpses where people can see them. Alternatively, wall the stockpiles off and forget about them. Either way, stop the children from playing in the corpses. They'll get sick or go insane or something."

[one hour later]

"There's a group of exiled military dwarves living in a human hamlet they took over, south-southwest of here. It's called Tiledpeak. You could probably recall them in times of great need, but keep in mind that they are all on the brink of insanity. Also, we might be getting tribute from a goblin pits to the west."

All in all, Vaporo's briefing took the entire day. In the meantime, somebody probably either went insane, fought with a zombie, got trapped in a tree, or punched someone so hard a bone broke. But such is life in Breakfastpit ("It's the Pits").
Sigtext!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 01, 2018, 12:36:38 am »

Ah, the inconsistent nonexistent view-dwarf crash. Guess it is still around.

My prisons double as hospitals, but it wouldn't help Kosoth.

Parchment because parchment roasts in Breadbowl.

Ah, you tried to set up the 6z training tower?

I've used it and it works (I used a chain to keep target in place, which may have been a mistake as it was annoying to get them into center square instead of pulling towards the map edge), though some bolts still got through due the way dwarves approached the site. Eventually someone jumped down and killed the cyclops.

IC outhandling is nice. Dark Dwarven Pits, indeed.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #353 on: October 01, 2018, 01:00:50 am »

Ah, it's a Breadbowl reference. I should read more Breadbowl then.

Yes, I tried this. I got the creature in with a mechanism-activated cage which I walled off before activating. If the first and second layers are both smoothed and the wall is a block wall, it can't climb out. Almost all the bolts went through the kink, and not just as they approached but the whole time.

I just realized the humor of Breakfastpit forcing some goblin pits to pay tribute. From the little pits to the Big Pit. And they're equally miserable!
Sigtext!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 01, 2018, 01:05:34 am »

I built mine in the sky, so i used raised bridges to prevent climbing up (disengaged chain with lever to confirm it worked). You can see it in the moonhome map in my sig; can compare and contrast.

Though maybe Toady supposedly changed something related to that sometime in .44 arc? I'd have to go through release notes to check.

There's also that Breakfastpit is filled with murder, just like dark pits.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 01, 2018, 09:38:31 am »

There's also that Breakfastpit is filled with murder, just like dark pits.

"I'm bin there" -- Sanctume

Vaporo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2018, 11:11:49 pm »

Oh, boy. Guess it's my turn, now. I'll try to have the first post up sometime before the weekend.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2018, 02:26:47 pm »

well. I guess I'm finally snapping.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Vaporo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2018, 11:09:59 pm »

Vaporo: INTRO

(Editor's note: This account is best read in the voice of The Soldier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvOz-HrD2_o)

This account is narrated by Bemul “The Maggot” Astfarash. It does not represent the views of Vaporo or his affiliates.

First of all, an introduction is in order. I am Bemul “The Maggot” Astfarash. Born on the third of Felsite in the year of 242, I am the son of Thob Cudgelseals and Killermartian Walledseals. I came to Breakfastpit when I was eleven years old. I buried my mother after she slowly went mad, and when she finally snapped in the early spring of 255 she managed to take two dwarves with her. I am cursed to bear my mother’s shame for the rest of my life. I mean, only two dwarves? A real dwarf could get at least five or six. I spent the final years of my childhood suckling on the blood of the undead and choking on miasma. I joined the militia practically before I was a man, and I have watched the horrid mismanagement of the three overseers before me. So, let me tell you all that I mean business when I say that I AM HERE TO WHIP THIS MAGGOT-INFESTED EXCUSE FOR A FORTRESS INTO SHAPE.

Since, I’ve spent most of my time training in the barracks, I must first familiarize myself with the layout of our mighty fortress.

Oh, maggots! It’s worse than I thought!

First of all, what is this mess? Are those bedrooms built out of DIRT? WHAT MAGGOT THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE?!!!! A real dwarf only needs a simple chunk of wood to strap his head to for the night, but we are still dwarves, not swine!
And it gets worse. Look at this:

That stockpile to the right is actually two stockpiles whose jagged borders have been crudely slapped together like a couple of puzzle pieces. Some maggot must have started digging, but then designated the stockpile before it was complete. And the southernmost stockpile doesn’t even have any storage items active! And I sincerely hope that’s not our only wood stockpile there in the north.

Next level down is some workshops built in a ring surrounding a central stockpile zone. The actual stockpiles takes up only about two thirds of the available space, but the overall design is passable. For now.

Oh, for the love of… Don’t tell me that some maggot actually built our TEMPLE on the resurrection bone sand! And then didn’t even bother to floor it over! And I can’t even move it because that would mean moving the mist generators as well!
   The next few floors are a similarly jumbled mass of various bedrooms, stockpiles, levers, memorial halls, and crypts. Suffice it to say that it’s a mess and that reviewing every single one would be a pointless waste of time.
   The next item of real interest is the dining hall:

(Sharp intake of breath. Grinds teeth at asymmetric design.)
   It’s…  a  c  c  e  p  t  a  b  l  e. You maggot.

Now, on to the infamous Breakfast Pit of Breakfastpit.

Finally! Something that doesn’t look like it was designed by a deranged elf* high on cocaine. A bit of polish and some solid engineering and it will be a project worthy of a true dwarven fortress.
   However, I have absolutely no idea what is going on at the top of the pit and would be pleased if whatever maggot designed this would come forward and give me a proper explanation:

And now for the main attraction: The farm.

YOU MAGGOTS! THERE’S NOTHING HERE! And don’t feed me that “Oh, we just started on it before you took office” line. YOU’VE HAD SIX YEARS, MAGGOTS! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. The trees aren’t even chopped down and the farm plots aren’t even designated for construction! Plus, the few farm plots that have been constructed on the level below don’t even have crops enabled for all seasons. What are we, a bunch of elves? We don’t leave our fields to rot for a season because of some superstitious belief in “fertility.” Every dwarf knows that all dirt is equally fertile and will always produce crops at exactly the same rate. And the lower farms don’t even make use of all available space! Some maggot put a bunch of useless paths running between them, cutting the arable land by nearly half!

In summary, this is one of the most slovenly excuses for a fortress that I have ever seen! There are half a dozen entrances scattered seemingly at random across the surface, critical levers scattered throughout obscure rooms in distant parts of the fortress, and arbitrary stockpiles seemingly slapped down wherever the overseer found it most convenient at the time. There are zombies trapped in our walls when they should be serving as practice for our military, there are brave warriors lying dead in the corpse stockpile, and half the population will become severely depressed if some maggot so much as snaps their fingers without warning.

However, I intend to change all of that. Breakfastpit has coddled these elf-loving maggot-licking excuses for dwarves for far too long. Soon, Breakfastpit will be the blood-soaked, necromancy-fueled plant factory that it was meant to be!

Now, the previous overseer left me some “notes” after his ahem,  B  r  i  e  f  i  n  g. My next step is to go over them and act on his suggestions.

*Editor’s note: We have no idea what “elves” are, but our new overseer rants and raves about them as though they are real creatures that have actually existed in this world. All we know is that upon hearing the word every dwarf seems to automatically hate them with nearly the same passion as Mr. Maggot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:43:28 pm by Vaporo »

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2018, 11:42:44 am »

[ic]
  • I am extremely offended at the accusation that I have "horridly mismanaged" Breakfastpit. I did the best I could with the fortress in its pitiful state.
  • There's an extremely large pile of wood on the southern side of the courtyard behind the longhouse.
  • I agree that the main fortress is a complete mess. It was like that before I got here.
  • I know the farm is mostly empty. The farms were previously scattered around the outside of the fortress, but I decided that was an unacceptable security risk given the history of Breakfastpit. That is why I built a new courtyard south of the main courtyard and began building farms there. But the farmers were at that point either 1) old and skilled and completely insane or 2) complete idiots who couldn't tell a rat weed seed from a quarry bush nut. This slowed construction of the farms. And since nobody would grow anything, it didn't particularly matter whether we had the farm courtyard tilled or not.
  • The zombie trapped in the wall was put there for the express purpose of training marksdwarves. Did you listen to anything I told you? Or did I forget to mention why there was a strange shaft with a zombie sitting at the bottom?
[/ic]
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28