Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DFHack script: The Librarian  (Read 32780 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack script: The Librarian
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2022, 05:00:54 pm »

He's said he want the widget thingies to be the same underneath the surface, but there seem to be issues causing trouble.

If it was my decision I'd fall back to using the same UI widgets for both version if it isn't possible to skin them differently, for whatever reason. However, that hinges on there not being something contractual blocking it (such as e.g. all artist work belonging to the Premium version exclusively).

Asdfe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2023, 10:54:41 pm »

Any chance we'll see an update for Steam? Otherwise, is there anything similar to it? I've got a fort with nearly 700 books, and ideally I'd like to dump them all to a spreadsheet so I can sort through them for stuff that stands out like chronicles, biographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and etc.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2023, 03:26:25 am »

I don't know.

I will start to investigate DFHack related things once DFHack supports the Classic version (or the Itch.io version once DF has restored keyboard support).
Since the script only uses "normal" UI functionality (as opposed to trying to create overlays) it ought to be reasonably straightforward to update it, assuming the DFHack mapping of data has been updated.

Edit:
DFHack now supports Classic, and after fixing an interface profile change, I'm now stuck on DF itself currently no longer supporting any Help key binding (to which the help screen is bound). It ought to be restored when keyboard support is restored, at which point it would be useful to continue.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 06:16:10 am by PatrikLundell »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2023, 01:19:41 pm »

I don't know.

I will start to investigate DFHack related things once DFHack supports the Classic version (or the Itch.io version once DF has restored keyboard support).
Since the script only uses "normal" UI functionality (as opposed to trying to create overlays) it ought to be reasonably straightforward to update it, assuming the DFHack mapping of data has been updated.

Edit:
DFHack now supports Classic, and after fixing an interface profile change, I'm now stuck on DF itself currently no longer supporting any Help key binding (to which the help screen is bound). It ought to be restored when keyboard support is restored, at which point it would be useful to continue.
You may find some help with that.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2023, 02:59:08 am »

I've managed to update the script to mostly work with the Premium release. The help key doesn't work as the keyboard support was removed. A work around to bind it directly to the question mark was introduced, and while it doesn't work, it also doesn't prevent the script from being parsed.

Extremely limited testing on a save with books in it. I didn't see any problems in that very limited test. The script may be based on an old version, as the revision was old, for some strange reason.
The contents of the link on the first page has been updated.

Edit: The updated version was based on an old version. 0.21 is based on 0.19, with the same (?) limited set of changes. The help key still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 06:58:13 am by PatrikLundell »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2023, 11:01:20 am »

The help key doesn't work as the keyboard support was removed. A work around to bind it directly to the question mark was introduced, and while it doesn't work, it also doesn't prevent the script from being parsed.

For the record, this is the same decision we made for gui/gm-editor. The help hotkey was changed from reacting to key="HELP" to reacting to key="STRING_A063". I have a PR open for g_src that adds CUSTOM_CTRL_SLASH as a standard interface key that could replace HELP.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]