Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Orbiter: Last Tribe. The Forge Patrol  (Read 1954 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Last Tribe. The Forge Patrol
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 03:48:38 pm »

I like the idea of constructing a nice wall around the settlement this turn, we'll dedicate everyone not needed for food production to the project so we get a really, really nice wall (with only one entrance and plenty of space on the inside).

My officer will work on training the armed forces to use their new armor more effectively, work cohesively, etc.

I can't seem to find the list of traits, but my officer will be a very militant sort of person. I'll edit this when I find it.

Also, the size of MARS? How on earth are we ever supposed to explore the volume of MARS (reasonably)? How is our spaceship not pulling the planet right out of its orbit and into certain doom?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 04:58:26 pm »

I will bring up the trait list for officers after answering your stuff and rolls.

It is four layers. Top layer (humans and stuff live on.$

There is a ocean in hull (why unlimited water works unless machines mess up.) And s hollowed our section for actual ships onboard to make planet fall. Humanity in this setting were escaping a super nova that was estimated in a decades worth of time hence the high tech levels of this set up and how one could get such resources for such a massive craft.

Also note the top has walled borders So each layer is different and there is the tunnel net work treasure. In essence a super subway shuttle service that cuts travel time much faster.

As for list

Pick two of following

Doctor (medic)+2
Builder (more building roll bonus) +2
Explorer ( see world faster. And better search rolls.) +2
Warrior: Better Combat rolls. +2
Tamer: Animals less likely to attack. +2
Scientist: A little more schooled in science (+2)
Tactics: Start with three tactic cards.
Farmer: Better food production bun+ 2

As for wall?

Rolled a twenty. Making it what you directly in mind. Perfect from paper to practice. And the lessons taught in Armor is +2 to combat teams. ( So if warrior  officer. Then +4 over all.)

After that display.

What is next Commander?

A: Have yourself and Officer figure outbown plan.
B: Explore north east, east or south west? (Boarding the  final hull layer, so rear flank is defintively covered. Unless dumbasses wanna get sucked into space.)
C: Make a machine shop or even a research lab?

Because tech is just as important as engineer or explore/Combat. It decides how advanced your concepts in Arms race can be before penalty for too complex, handling “old” techbthat pops up in events. And accessing the gates to open up the other layers.

Notice: Also tech idea?

As that’s your last act with turn and since you posted, not skipping you.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:12:38 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 05:03:04 pm »

The officer will be: [I need more people and so he's got no name at the moment], a warrior and explorer (+2 Combat, +2 Exploration).

I'll (personally) make a research lab (since the officer is already off training troops this turn), and I can't believe I forgot the tech idea.

For the tech idea, we're going to make a paralytic neurotoxin gas (i.e., poison gas that paralyzes voluntary muscle movement, leaving the victim alive and breathing but unable to intentionally move their limbs), and its antidote. Just the gas for now, we can cover deployment systems later.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 11:06:43 pm »

Lab work:

4 Of 6.

As you build the lab. It comes very good. Keeping tab of state of the art equipment, ancient but useful text books and so forth.

+2. (19 total.)

As for gas.

Weaponized Miasma

5,2,3= 5,3,4

“ Miasma, term in old tongue for toxic gas, rings true here.The gas came naturally in a pitch. Had to find chemical compounds that halt muscle movement. In air form. Synthesis of such poison gas was the tough thing. But the delivery issue is not a problem. Best handled by our brave souls were hazard suit gear of course. As it is a air born agent. The antidote does work. But noted that being poison causes nerve loss as the shut down process. Get administrated the cure allows feeling again, but is quite painful. Get the nerves working again. Also if over saturated in gas. May cause total lung failure which equals death.

Start with five units of the gas.

(Nasty)

As for turns

The sky was lite up again as the Sun was visible. On the ground worknof things people were continuing their lives. As some of the older children were becoming true adults now. By their standards anyway. As also a few women had to stop Manuel Labor due to having kids in future.

As for business.

A: Go south west
B: Go east.
C: North East
D: Have you and new Officer make split plan. One doing another.
E: Secure outline with make shift traps with the gas bombs.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 05:34:14 pm »

?

Crazyabe about done. Meaning your the last again. Keep in mind. Have a huge surprise coming.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 02:01:31 pm »

So, we're backed up against one of the exterior walls of the ship? Not going to complain. Is this wall on our northwestern border? I really do not understand how the map looks or how it works.

We'll send out a small party equipped with armor and weapons (What do we have for weapons, anyway?) to the southwest. They'll stay hidden and not draw any attention to themselves.

The officer can be John, until and unless somebody comes up with a better name. He will continue training more of the tribe to be better warriors.

Apparently we don't need to worry about food? There's no apparent amount of food that we have or need anywhere in the thread. Anyway, "enough" people will obviously work on food, maintenance, whatever to make things keep working.

For the Arms Race section:
We'll work on a set of deployment devices and other measures to protect our base, using the poison gas. This will include fun things like ultraviolet and infrared laser sensors/triggers, pressure pads, tripwires, to deploy hidden canisters of gas. This ensures that the base is very, VERY well-protected during the night and any other times when most people are not out and walking about. When all the defenses are in place, the base should be basically impossible to assault without good chemical protection. By the way, the night watch is going to need those environment suits now.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 02:14:45 pm »

About food: The first three turns (this being the last) had a huge surplus of food to feed everyone.

To continue being fed look at farm and tame ratings.

Each level add two zeros for total. So a 10 in Farm is s total of 1,000 food units while a 1 is merely 100 as you start off with 700 persons. Tamemis the same with meat (animal product and uses.)

As for instructions. Rolled three of six Son+3 to combat score.

Lastly all weapons you have are current gas bombs, bows and arrows (bone variety) and shivs/big knife versions of blades that are bone made too.

As for security system.

6,2,1??? +2 = 6,2,3

The Night Hawk system for home security was realized. The only issue is the power cost to keep all sensors going. And need to distance gas from civil walk ways. As due to sensor/plate cost the base is at the bare minimum of sector clearance. But at least it works, just eats up power, gas system and so forth.

As for wall: Yes it’s a gigantic wall behind base. Leads to base if destroyed. Just there so no enemy can back flank your people.

As for south west.

: The noise stops. In the distance can see massive gathering. Of people and animals together. On gigantic houses on wagons as they take break from travel. Really well armed but looks like no interest in heading forward. Though some people are nervous that such a large force is in the border.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:03:21 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 04:00:16 pm »

Decided to turn 6,2,1 into 6,2,3.

3,4 means no bugs but no benefit. Considering have a two in price means the Night Hawk security extends to bare minimal of security perimeter with the base and a bitch to maintain.

Now it’s time to post in Hub.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:03:46 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 09:09:28 pm »

Warning:

Due to Actions of the Pax Enclave. There are killer machines now on the loose.

It happened so fast. From the damn wall north and south of location. Machine pods fell to floor. Manifesting as killer machines. Akin to mecha Zerg as they try taking the base. Slowed down by Night Hawk but they did not die, as no biological. The Nomads were riddling their enemies with intense fire power. Afterwards  they start attacking the ones attacking home base.

-60 Humans (now 640. No kids were hurt.)

The Nonads despite our number and gun. Do not enforce anything. As they grab the destroyed machinery to collect it.

What do you do?

A: Talk/trade
B: Try to hire them as protection for a while
C: Get to work on that nano factory
D: Try a surprise gas attack as they do not seem ready for that and steal their stuff (negative karma though.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 02:36:14 pm »

Also, the Beast Lords' basic armor appears to have been ridiculously effective against the murder-machines, most of my population, IIRC, is armored. Why did we take so many more casualties?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we should be salvaging things as well, yes? Seeing as how they got into/were attacking the base? Also, the wall should probably have been a bit more effective, seeing as how they wouldn't be able to get through unless they could climb really ridiculously well...

Anyway, the factory is finally back up, so I guess we'll be producing a bunch of weapons. I'll go figure out what, exactly, to produce shortly. Consider this my pre-turn ramble/complaints.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »

Their primary armor is giant spider silk. Which is spider silk made into armor.

In nature spider silk is the second strongest silk after bag moth. Their silk is such that by physics wise they can withstand the force of a air plane smashing into it (obviously if something that big and strong with speed struck, Beast Lords would die due to pressure with puny human innards.)

But blocking regilar attacks and such, it’s just fine. Spider Silk is also cut resist to a degree if were same sized beings.

You go Armor yes but the most was the enviro Armor. Which is handy for chemical system and rough environment. But does shit against robotic blades, fists and pressure guns. ( as it was pressure guns that killed Beast Lords. Due to knocking off tider and trampled to death.)

Hmmm. There are twelve dead in your base. You get to keep it.

300 scrap metal, 30 spare parts, 20 computer chips, and can craft guns out of wreck.

If you want nano factory stuff I did upload resources/stuff again. So what armor does one want?

And can still craft guns and such.

I can understand the complaints. But not doing a dick move like have Nomads try to invade you. Some npc factions would have. But they are not here. (Mainly one really.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 03:04:00 pm »

No, the simple armor was produced BEFORE/while we invented the environmental armor.

EDIT: also spider silk is very hard to make into armor, and also not actually that good. Its tensile strength (how much weight you can put on a strand before it breaks) is very good, but I'm pretty sure that it's not better than metal for resisting cutting strokes and such.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:05:51 pm by Madman198237 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 03:16:51 pm »

Simple armor yes I see that. The most advanced form of Sinple armor is currently Ceramic. The people wearing that survive quite easily and part of the number of survivors. Anything lesser would have been more in casualties.

The main reason for the list of life is the machines bypassed the Night Hawk as gas does not hurt them and went to town.

Oh and the Nomads are actually considering to give you free stuff as their religion encourages compassion. Meaning they must help or get karma penalty.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »

My military reaction time sucks so badly that we lost sixty people AND they got close enough to trigger the perimeter defenses?

Great. Just great.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 05:12:05 pm »

The main killer really is your Combat is 8.

The. East Lords lost two only because of two factors.

1: Living siege Weapons/beasts that kick low grade robotic ass.

2: Combat rating of 20.

The armor truthfully did not make the difference as the only ones who got hit, died anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3