Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Orbiter: Last Tribe. The Forge Patrol  (Read 1924 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orbiter: Last Tribe. The Forge Patrol
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:53:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The last clan. This is a SG game with Arms Race sections. And finite resources that keeps players thinking and going. Must get new people to fill number so tasks can be done. But need to feed and arm them too.

This tribes big advantage is they get to make a whole lot of crazy stuff. Limited though as the Factory needs mass to work with. Finite resources and people.

Each and every one a actual person. Not a nameless meat shield like your typical war game.

And yes when it gets some attention will post the first situations. Too late into the morning to start now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:22:44 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Last Tribe. The Forge Patrol
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:23:09 am »

I am me and me is I, and I am present.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:05:25 pm »

The intro

In the horizon as the hull was transparent. One could see the stars, the large orange Sun, and the blue and green planet below. It looked Heavenly. But due to a great flaw, one can not operate all ship functions. They were stuck, stuck in the Ark vessel. In time people forgot how the Hell they got their except in oral traditions. But lately, there has been a revival of the old knowledge. The vessel has nine layers. Everyone currently in ninth, the edge later. Ages ago was going to support humanity in generation mode before cryosleep. It was discovered before the old world died. Everyone on ship is alive, dead or still sleeping. Not to mention those born in the ship. It was a true Ark for it is hull was a ocean to support water demands and sanctuary zones where wild life was preserved. During the troubled times the borders were destroyed. Beast and plant ran wild and now the internal was still functioning as a ship. Just with a binome Of it’s own. As the massive ship orbits. It does have its own day and night cycle. Currently, it is day..

The Nano Factory woke everyone up. As it always does as a sort of Time piece. That sound met time to shine. As people went off to do their thing. The land was fresh, nature attempting to over take technology.

So far so good, they figured out how to work the Factory. It’s mass Creator was akin to a bullet. That reloads piece at a time. Just depends on what is made is the issue. As all base camps had access to recharge points, they were quite limited in scale. Today was quite different as one wanders the halls, in powered armor to make up for a knee injury, there was a crackling sound near the Com links of Factory overseer office. That was new.

What to do today?

Signal: Answer it Yes or No.

Duties

A: Build something with Nano Factory. Will need recharge for two turns before full.

Sizes:
1 vehicle
2 advances armor
4 big guns.
6 simpler armor
8 small guns
12 ammo ( ammo or batteries. Also metal for further crafting or trade.)

No organic growth material born there.

B: Train someone to be a officer (second character. Can make double choices/actions.)
C: Business as usual with the resource providing and exploring (pick direction. South, east or west.)

Arms Race: Get to make  suggestion. New weapon, armor, buildings, tactics. Or training plans to improve clan skills. Or military tactics in practice. Up to you ( and anyone who signs up. Keep it interesting.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »

So, um, how much stuff do we have right now, and how much food do we need per turn/unit of time?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:48:53 pm »

Starting Resources (everyone pc wise. Nomad traders are different.)

Seven hundred people (100 are children rest grown ups.)

Meat, Fruits, and veggies enough to feed them all for three turns/time units. As at third round will need to start thinking of not starving. Edit: Each food group is three turns worth for total of nine turns.

To get more food is trade, upgrade farming, and so forth.

Need to have people keep working on farming for food or trade for food ( farm is times ten your farm skill in whatever food units you want.)

Note if have spices (start with three) it makes meat units half needed to feed someone for rationing (can grow herbs too, in time.)

Currency:

Pretty much bullets/Ammo and Batteries.

Batteries can be recharged at recharging stations all base camps have.

300 if both. Ammo? If used in fight it is gone. It does more damage against animals. Batteries charge energy weapons and small electric devices.

Everyone also has:
15 things of lumber
15 Of plant fiber (crafting mostly)
15 bones (craft)
15 spare parts ( crafting)
10 Metal debris (crafting)

Everything else resource wise has to be discovered. Water is unlimited as that unit in base is not tampered with.though a event can tamper with it (requires engineering and tech skill.)

Otherwise water will be a resource unit and things for that tribe even more intense.

What start with. There is more and making a file chart to count on everyone’s stuff including the npcs.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:38:00 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »

Also updated gear rules and adding a option C.

C: Workshop: A base build aside factory where people make stuff by hand. Improves Craft/Engineering skills.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 03:31:28 pm »

Sorry, I've been busy but will try to make sure everything is done by tonight.

So the factory is capable of creating enough small arms for 400 soldiers, enough basic armor for 300, or enough larger weapons (What counts as "bigger guns"?) for 200 people, or 2 sets of powered armor/exoskeletons, or one vehicle.

What are the vehicles/powered armor suits/weapon options we/I (Since nobody else has joined here yet) can choose from?

Am I limited to one action? Can I order tribespeople to do different things? Do I need to submit some sort of Arms Race design for this turn as well as an action?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 03:41:01 pm »

You got the list of items.

The Nano Factory can make lots of weapons. To outfit your people. It just cannot replicate the “major stuff” like crusher Beam, powetfist/glove. Phoenix And Jotun Armor.

As for vehicles? Sky cycles as simplest.

As for how this works

You suggest your arm race at the end of your turn. Each turn is three suggestion choices.

And yes you can order tribesmembers to do what you wish.

If have officer character, get to boss more people in one turn.

As your a single leader command up to three things a turn.

And the transmission is a freebie, does not count total to three actions.

Each turn is currently three actions for all mainly, can even split people up to do multiple things at once. But yeah after it’s said and done Arms Race, then turn two.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 07:13:05 pm »

OK, so, hopefully this will be right.

I can choose three things to do with people and myself, yes?

The forge will make 6 simple armor...and as soon as I know my options I'll give you an exact armor type.

I...will train an officer, I guess? I'm going to post this without making a sheet quite yet, though.

Foraging efforts will stay focused around the immediate vicinity of the base, some scouts will be posted a bit further out to warn of approaching things. We'll stay nice and safe for now.

Um, as for the signal...I think not. I see no need to accept any plot-hooks establish contact with anyone quite yet. I want a couple of turns to solidify my position.

Arms Race:
We'll work on developing gasmasks and hazmat-style suits to keep out neurotoxins.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 09:42:22 pm »

As the signal was cut off. The box light dims to nothing. But they were messaging you. Which means they sort of know your there already. The world ship was huge, but is finite. In regards to space and most resources. You shield yourself from the outside world for now. But there is bound to be people in the future.

Your armor Attempt goes off without a bit of trouble. Six units remain in the factory do in time (next turn) will be restocked again.

Given most simple armor was organic, what you made was six metal armor units. Great protection. But had problems. Still trying to configure the darn thing for the supposed Ceramic Armor. Computer failed with pattern. But at least six units of metal armor. Meaning three hundred survivors with said armor.

You elect to make a officer. It is simple. Name, three leader skills (but nothing that adds on to rolls like another researcher/Forge Smith. Or what not.

As for wrestling up resources. Aside the farming aspect being good. One found following.

8 Scrap Metal
40 batteries
12 spare parts
And 4 containers of oil.

As for Arms race

The Enviro Suit:

2,5,2 += 4,5,2?

Well one got the genius idea of a body suit that with a gas mask would shield one from the perils of hostile living arrangements. It does its job well, shielding flesh from toxic fluids, and filters out toxic fumes for most part. Though the gas mask uses a filter system and it needs to be changed every once and a while. Otherwise the fumes will overwhelm the gas mask. Also the suit is very heavy. Takes forever to get into, hassle to sleep in. And it does not protect user from more dangerous effects like electricity, flame or radiation. Hell enough toxic/chemical burns get on. It gets lighter so said hazards may break through.

And Heaven forbidden you got to fight. This stuff is not blocking anything. Except germs and masks bad vision issues.

The best thing about this suit is the building process is very quick and cheap.

Start with five units.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 04:35:45 pm »

Turn 2!

The people are glad to be of service as they made the environmental suits. 50 bravevsouls now work in them.

Just incase if scouting and running into something bad. Or the nano factory workers so no sickness from any mishap owning a. Even though people sometimes do not know danger of the Factory.

A: Some people have declared need for a wall. Incase hostiles finds their home.
B: Build something from nano factory
C: Pick a direction, one is next to the wall marked eight. Even though map says on layer nine. There is a old map in Factory. Just have not found gate to eight. Go north, south or rest of nine. Go West.
D:Your own idea ( as you did officer creation thing.)

Officer:
One bonus action (pick.)

Each of three sgs get own list.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 04:39:14 pm »

OK so what if we designed some sort of worker drone? One that extracts matter to be used by the nano factory, and builds/assembles structures be they built from available material or put together from parts forged in the nano factory.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 04:47:10 pm »

The worker drone is a design. For Arms race.

As for materials: Nano Factory makes its own “blank matter.” By sucking out dust motes and super charging them with pressure and heat to turn it to metal, glass, circuits and such. ( so al nano stuff is really dust. Just super sciences to become another material.)

One can put craft material in for a quicker recharge though. One unit of craft=. One unit in factory.

Also note it is very dangerous to “mine.” As under the dirt of the great disaster. It is actually the ships hole you tearing and extracting. Can screw with the ship that way.

As for creation: Aside making stuff from Factory matter for items. If you want to build village/base upgrades. The factory will act as a + 2 to total build effect. Making better buildings that much easier.

Edit: Nano Factory is the only way to make “advances” robots. Got to design to build them. But “simple” machines akin to our hover drones can be made without ur.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:21:10 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 09:00:48 pm »

So, is there a pictorial representation of the map somewhere that I missed, or?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 10:03:58 pm »

The map is as it follows:

A ship as big as Mars. Upper hemisphere is divided into nine layers. Bigger number means more space. The lower hemisphere is cut off by surface, where the water is, and bay where the space ships are. Ontop of resident layer it’s a clear dome thing. So one sees day and night as one orbits the even bigger planet.

Did a number with all the treasures in place as to where their are by level. The way to advance levels is finding gate and unlocking the gate (tech contest or with a certain special object.)

The other method is developing strong enough fire power weapons to blast into lower levels. But will draw much attention.
Pages: [1] 2 3