Advanced search  

Poll

This mod is discontinued

But there's gonna be a better one in the future
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: [47.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.7)  (Read 95835 times)

reducer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.4)
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2018, 09:35:26 am »

Thanks for the response!

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2018, 05:30:30 pm »

Sver, here's my save with the hunters bugged while picking up ammo: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14071

When I have time a little later I'll try the recommendation to forbid all weapons and ammo except for a single type and let you know how that goes.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2018, 08:45:44 am »

@HumanScholar Hi there!

So, trying out a couple of things, I've come to the conclusion that the problem is not caused by the mod in particular, but rather by the usual stupidity the game has with the hunting equipment. For whatever reason, the hunters are dead set on trying to pick up a wrong ammo type and failing - and not even removing this type of ammo from the hunters' ammunition tab (on the military screen) can fix the problem.
For your particular save, the only workable resolution is to disable the hunters, forbid all hand ballistas and all ballista bolts, enable hunters back on and stick to using/producing only the crossbow- and arbalest-based sets, with any of the fitting bolts (piercing, broadhead, hammerhead - all three should work OK alongside).
Alternatively, use ranged military instead of hunters. Just make sure to customly define the weapons instead of using the 'individual choice ranged' - I know it can be a pain in the butt to do, but dwarves are notoriously bad at managing themselves.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:49:59 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2018, 02:23:20 pm »

Ok, I will give this a try. Is there a way to make just a crossbow/arbalest, without a set, out of wood or bone? I assume making the various ranged sets out of bone or wood at the bowyer's shop is sort of useless, given those materials' unsuitability for melee weapons.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2018, 02:33:25 pm »

I purposefully removed the "pure" variations of ranged weapons from the entity lists to prevent invaders and other NPCs from spawning with them (hand ballista being the notable exception, because it has no sets).
You're correct, bone and wood are pretty useless in melee, however, there is no any other downside to making sets from these materials. They still take a single bone/log to make, just like the "pure" crossbow/arbalest would. For convenience, you can just produce Arbalester Arms and/or Crossbowman Arms, as they're pretty self-descriptive.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:38:16 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2018, 06:45:58 am »

Still playing this and having fun!

What's the status with clothing right now? The mod has a "clothes" item, but there's obviously still all the little individual pieces. Is some of that meant to be modded out?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2018, 07:51:06 am »

The 'clothes' item was added as a substitute for trousers when they got removed to avoid the annoying bug with trousers being worn over breastplates and such. It's a type of bodywear which also provides the coverage for legs. However, it's only bodywear - to prevent bad thoughts from incomplete clothing you still need legwear (belts or skirts) and footwear (boots or the like).

As you can see, I've set up a poll regarding whether or not to simplify the entirety of clothing in a similar manner. Simplification is winning so far. So, yeah, I will probably remove most of the stuff in the next release, leaving just about two-three types of clothing for each bodypart (a special, insulating one and one or two of the common type).
All the "deleted" stuff will be moved to a separate optional file for those who'd like to keep the old variety of clothing.
DF Combat Reworked

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2018, 07:30:22 am »

As the old poll has been hanging for quite a some time already, and I'm moving on to the armor/clothing update, one last related question here needs to be resolved first.

A new poll is up.
DF Combat Reworked

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2018, 11:50:37 am »

Is this question due to the bug Grimlocke describes here?

What about making everything internal except noses? Would that give the nose armor coverage but still allow an uncovered one to be bitten off? Would the eyes then not be able to be gouged out?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:54:33 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2018, 12:59:44 pm »

Yes. Except, as far as I could observe, the eyes suffer from this coverage issue too.

I've described the difference between "internal" and "embedded" in detail in the second post of the thread. "Embedded" bodyparts can be targeted, but cannot be severed. "Internal" bodyparts cannot be severed or targeted and, thus, can only be damaged when their parent bodypart is hit (which, on the bright side, makes internal facial features correctly covered by helmets).
This means a non-internal, non-embedded nose can be individually targeted and severed, unless protected by body armor (with [UBSTEP:2] or higher); the helmet will never protect it due to the aforementioned issue. Internal eyes would not be individually targetable - and that includes wrestling, so, yes, they would not be able to be gouged out either.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:09:22 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2018, 02:44:51 pm »

* Optional, but included by default: Stone weapons for subterranean tribes! Flint, obsidian and malachite weapons have replaced the wood ones for subterranean animal peoples, so as to make them a bit more capable in combat.

Would the flint, obsidian, and malachite weapons make sense for elves? I don't know how this would work out in practice though, and I'd rather not add even more testing to my (rushed) release schedule. I might need to give elves better (or possible) access to those materials, and I don't think that's a great plan.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:04:14 pm by Taffer »

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2018, 04:41:57 pm »

I would advice against it, at least, for now. Since those aren't actual stone and are just "fake metals", it's hard to tell what the implications would be for the elves and all their weird mechanics. And the genuine stone weapons seem to be inconceivable for the AI.

Elven weapons still call for some better balancing, and I'm working on it, but it seems that they will be either weaker than their metal analogues or completely op (e.g. capable of piercing steel plate). I'm leaning towards the former, because: (1) the armor in my mod is expensive and will become even more so in the next version, and (2) the elves still have the best assortment of war beasts, which are pretty dangerous vs armor due to their latching bites. So, I will probably revamp their arsenal to include some kind of fast and choppy weapon instead of the current club, to ensure they can, at least, cause bleeding in poorly armored targets; the war club, which I've made spiked, will probably remain and receive a buff as their only meaningful anti-armor weapon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:04:14 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2018, 07:35:50 am »

Just wanted to report that the work on the next update is going slowly, but steadily, with the most recent version of Revised taken into account.
DF Combat Reworked

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2018, 02:39:56 am »

When I install the raws for this I get error raw/objects/text/book_instruction.txt NOT FOUND. So I found that text file in another df install and pasted it in there when done it still shows up any way to solve this?

Edit: found actually intact raws and realized I pasted it in the wrong folder I'm stupid. Edit2: Turns out I'm not stupid somehow the text folder got deleted.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:59:00 am by Truncatedurist »

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2018, 05:00:12 am »

My mod doesn't touch the text folder - it's just a bunch of .txt files that are supposed to be dropped into .../raw/objects, there are no replacing folders. So, it's certainly something else.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:03:23 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20