Advanced search  

Poll

This mod is discontinued

But there's gonna be a better one in the future
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: [47.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.7)  (Read 95865 times)

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.4)
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »

I was doing some merging myself to patch the new version of Revised to work with this mod, and noticed that a couple of items in item_tool.txt have had their tile value changed: for instance, [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART] should have [TILE:254] and [INVERTED_TILE], but in this mod it's changed to [TILE:28] and no [INVERTED_TILE]. Wheelbarrows have a similar thing, going from tile 29 to tile 153.

What gives?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2018, 04:07:28 pm »

Yes, I've noticed it in the patch notes. Regardless, thanks for reporting! :)

The cause is that I've messed up and used a wrong item_tool file as a base for version 1.4 - a one using a tileset. This will be fixed in the next verion, but there shouldn't be any problems with it, aside from the misleading graphics.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2018, 08:57:51 pm »

I must say, I find the omission of pants a bit strange! Personally I would prefer if pants just existed like they used to, as their absence bothers me much more than the fact that they're worn over armour (which I'd never noticed until now, and doubt I'll notice it even now that I know of it!). I went through some trouble changing it back myself in entity_default.txt and hopefully got it right, but it'd be nice if this process was made easier similar to the =SVER_STEELS= etc. tags.

Perhaps instead of removing the default pant lines entirely, prefix them with a tag similar to that (or some symbol such as { like Revised does) so the game interprets them as a comment?

Augur

• Bay Watcher
  • remove-stress
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2018, 09:12:10 pm »

Hello! So far I think I've gotten everything working correctly. However, how do I change pikeman/dwarf profession titles to greatarmsman/dwarf? The instructions didn't include where that's located and I couldn't find it

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2018, 05:18:49 am »

I must say, I find the omission of pants a bit strange! Personally I would prefer if pants just existed like they used to, as their absence bothers me much more than the fact that they're worn over armour (which I'd never noticed until now, and doubt I'll notice it even now that I know of it!). I went through some trouble changing it back myself in entity_default.txt and hopefully got it right, but it'd be nice if this process was made easier similar to the =SVER_STEELS= etc. tags.

Perhaps instead of removing the default pant lines entirely, prefix them with a tag similar to that (or some symbol such as { like Revised does) so the game interprets them as a comment?

Hm. The thing is, the clothing will get simplified altogether in the next verion, with all the unused stuff getting moved into an optional folder. In the same folder, I can make a preset file for each civ (containing the old clothing lines) and tag the new clothing in entity_default.txt as something like =SIMPLE_CLOTHING= to make it clear which lines should be overwriten if you want old clothing. Would that be alright?

Hello! So far I think I've gotten everything working correctly. However, how do I change pikeman/dwarf profession titles to greatarmsman/dwarf? The instructions didn't include where that's located and I couldn't find it

1) Open the creature_standard.txt
2) Search for PROFESSION_NAME
3) Delete all the dwarven lines with this tag and replace them with these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
4) Search for CASTE_NAME:goblin
5) Right under it add the prof. lines:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
6) Search for CASTE_NAME:human and repeat the point 5.
7) Search for CASTE_NAME:elf and repeat the point 5.
8) Search for CASTE_NAME:kobold and repeat the point 5.

I'm assuming here that you don't use any mods which already add some profession names to creatures other than dwarves. If you do, search for them (in the same file) and replace any conflicting lines.

These changes won't cover animalmen, but for them I think I'll add an optional in the next verion, which will add the profession names and some other tweaks using the variations file.

Btw, if you also want the higher difficulty (the NATURAL_SKILL tags), they can be added right next to the PROFESSION_NAME tags.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:24:09 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2018, 08:30:34 am »

This mod can be compatible with taffer revision 2.0.0 too?

Or incomptible?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2018, 09:25:56 am »

Incompatible with 2.0.0 for now. I'm currently working on the update.
DF Combat Reworked

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2018, 10:01:43 am »

kudos for all the work on this mod, and thanks for including what i suggested as a feature request poll. looks like the poll is shifting favourably for the time being.

currently on a break from playing DF due to a bit of rage quiting a while back (FPS death).

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2018, 01:06:14 pm »

This mod can be compatible with taffer revision 2.0.0 too?

Or incomptible?
I've made a quick and dirty merge for Revised 2.0 since I'm an impatient person: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14128

I merged all the new changes in using KDiff and adjusted the LBSTEP and UBSTEP values for Sver's armours to account for the new hips and shoulders where necessary (hopefully I did it correctly). This also has the adrenaline option merged in, and the entity_default.txt is the recommended one for Revised (though merged to account for any new changes to Revised)—if you want different options, you'll have to edit stuff yourself (and be wary of compatibility issues). The adrenaline interaction should be fairly easy to remove though, just do the installation steps for it but in reverse.

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2018, 10:07:58 am »

Hey, has anyone put together a uniform list like Sver's older post which is listed as outdated as of 1.21?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2018, 10:43:17 am »

Armor in the mod gets revamped so often that I kinda gave up on that concept - it's just too much extra work with each update. I may return to it once I slow down with reworking the armor, but that might not be soon, as I plan on writing (at least, contemporary) weapon descriptions first.

For now, it's better to refer to the full list of armor and measure the layers and bodypart coverage yourself, especially if you want your troops to really be safe. Other than that, you can just put together a full mail + helmet uniform using this:

mail coat  (5 bars)  or  mail shirt  (2 bars)
    full helm  (5 bars)  or  mail coif  (1 bar) + any helmet
    chain mittens  (1 bar)
    chain chausses  (2 bars)
    belt  (1 bar)
    padded armor x3  (3 cloth)
    padded coif  (1 cloth)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:25:40 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2018, 11:31:23 am »

Thanks Sver! Any chance you have any updates to share or details regarding simplified clothing?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2018, 12:45:11 pm »

As it goes by now, there'll be three types of clothing per each bodypart: a light one, a regular one and a warm one; with the exception for legwear, where it's either a belt or a skirt, as the pants are simulated by bodywear. However, most civs will probably get only one type per bodypart, because they share the same layer. So, an average dwarf or goblin will wear a total of 7 items (including headwear and gloves, and counting each glove/boot separately), instead of the vanilla 13-15, effectively reducing the amount of clothing management and post-siege hauling required.
DF Combat Reworked

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2018, 01:07:43 pm »

Sounds awesome I look forward to it!

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2018, 08:30:42 pm »

Hm. The thing is, the clothing will get simplified altogether in the next verion, with all the unused stuff getting moved into an optional folder. In the same folder, I can make a preset file for each civ (containing the old clothing lines) and tag the new clothing in entity_default.txt as something like =SIMPLE_CLOTHING= to make it clear which lines should be overwriten if you want old clothing. Would that be alright?

I was thinking more along the lines of what Revised does in the new version, where everything that's removed from the files is actually just commented out. But as long as I can restore clothing to how it's in the vanilla game, I'll be happy. I quite like the flavour the clothing variety in the base game brings (eg. in my desert fort I had all my dwarves dress up in togas), and really don't care about the bug associated with legwear because my dwarves practically never wear armour on top of regular clothing anyway (do people even do this? I just find it confusing to layer clothes and armour pieces as the mechanics behind it are very opaque in fortress mode, so I avoid it as best I can).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20