Advanced search  

Poll

This mod is discontinued

But there's gonna be a better one in the future
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: [47.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.7)  (Read 95862 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.5)
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2019, 10:01:53 pm »

Hm. Renaming the file seemed to jigger it back into place. A strange bug, but thankfully resolved for now.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2019, 04:29:00 am »

A new poll is up.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2019, 04:49:12 am »

Add weapons for ogres. Giant axe - made from trap component giant axe blade and log. War log - club, made from full log, but some smaller in handle, is training weapon for made only from wood. Lüber - made from two chains and trap component disk, use lasher skill. Giant's pike - made from log and trap component spike. Goblin star - made from spiked ball and log. Log bow - shoot ballista arrows. Siege sling - throw cannon balls, made from ropes and cloth/leather.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2019, 05:39:47 am »

Yeah, I've been pondering an idea of an optional giant civ with equally giant weapons - to go along with the rest of the "tactical" civs. Not sure how giant exactly, though. Vanilla ogre size seems a bit overkill.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:36 am »

Yeah, I've been pondering an idea of an optional giant civ with equally giant weapons - to go along with the rest of the "tactical" civs. Not sure how giant exactly, though. Vanilla ogre size seems a bit overkill.
Vanilla goblins have ogres and trolls.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2019, 08:23:05 am »

Indeed, but the way they are treated by the game, they won't receive any weapons intended for them. Rather, there would be some goblins wielding oversized weapons.
DF Combat Reworked

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:51 am »

Indeed, but the way they are treated by the game, they won't receive any weapons intended for them. Rather, there would be some goblins wielding oversized weapons.
In goblin fortress mode equipment work normal. Goblins need trolls for use big weapons.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2019, 11:51:29 am »

Make skulking aboveground civ of ogres. They use weapons from trap components, wear only loincloth or not wear any clothes, send thief to fortress with big pop, live on swamps in kobold-like aboveground sites.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2019, 02:02:33 pm »

In goblin fortress mode equipment work normal. Goblins need trolls for use big weapons.
Make skulking aboveground civ of ogres. They use weapons from trap components, wear only loincloth or not wear any clothes, send thief to fortress with big pop, live on swamps in kobold-like aboveground sites.

I ain't really keen on making stuff which will only ever be usable in other mods. So, yeah, something like you suggested most likely, although, I think I would pick trolls over ogres, because ogres are really damn huge for any weapon to make sense at that size. It is unfortunate DF doesn't allow for some sort of weaponizable spiked boots...
DF Combat Reworked

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2019, 02:21:35 pm »

I ain't really keen on making stuff which will only ever be usable in other mods. So, yeah, something like you suggested most likely, although, I think I would pick trolls over ogres, because ogres are really damn huge for any weapon to make sense at that size. It is unfortunate DF doesn't allow for some sort of weaponizable spiked boots...
DF allows weapon pants :)

Trolls civ will be underground. I prefer blizzard man civ. All as ogre civ, but for glacier and tundra. Blizzard man weapons also usable by trolls. 

Ogres also good for giant bow, powerful as ballista.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2019, 03:11:38 am »

Trolls civ will be underground. I prefer blizzard man civ. All as ogre civ, but for glacier and tundra. Blizzard man weapons also usable by trolls. 

Yes, but kobold-like civs live in caves anyway, so this isn't much of a stretch.
And there is a problem with Blizzard men civs in that they don't procreate without modification, leading to their civs quickly disappearing. A sasquatch/yeti civ, perhaps?
DF Combat Reworked

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2019, 03:23:45 am »

Yes, but kobold-like civs live in caves anyway, so this isn't much of a stretch.
And there is a problem with Blizzard men civs in that they don't procreate without modification, leading to their civs quickly disappearing. A sasquatch/yeti civ, perhaps?
Kobold live in caves, but "CAVE" site type can be aboveground. Good for small or even large tribes.

Blizzard men can learn, sasquatch/yeti - cannot. Will not intelligent creatures use weapons? But idea is good, if they will use weapons.

I make civ of harpies, they can live even 10000 years. Not many creatures live in glacier.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2019, 07:35:52 pm »

If I want to implement the light/heavy split myself, it's just a matter of making the 'light' weapons use CROSSBOW and the 'heavy' weapons use Bow, and then adding appropriate PROFESSION_NAME tags to the civilized races, right?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2019, 01:41:30 am »

Yep, that's pretty much all there is to it.

The reason I've made it into a poll is because this will impact the army compositions of "tactical civs" from the latest version.
DF Combat Reworked

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2019, 02:07:02 am »

The Tips and notes post now includes a tiered list of melee weapons, with a short, thesis summary of each.
DF Combat Reworked
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20