Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mission Question  (Read 1431 times)

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mission Question
« on: May 05, 2018, 04:08:43 pm »

Ive been trying to send squads out on a mission for a while now to recover artifacts.  Everytime I try though, they come back empty handed with a report thats blank (outside of the one line about departing).  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission Question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:20:37 pm »

I haven't tried it myself, but others have said that there are problems recovering artifacts that are held by individuals, as opposed to artifacts held by the site.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 06:14:07 pm »

That makes sense, I know at least some of the artifacts were held by a family.  I dont remember if the others were, Ill try it again tonight or tomorrow

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 02:19:33 am »

I believe it's been confirmed by Toady that artifacts carried cannot be retrieved. To retrieve those DF would need to implement mugging missions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 02:39:06 am »

I wonder if you can get it if you kill the holder in a raid.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 09:31:11 am »

Do missions free all rooms assigned to those dwarves?  All the tombs for my dwarves are free now

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 10:00:51 am »

Yes. When they come back from mission, they are like new migrants.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 12:59:30 pm »

Yes. When they come back from mission, they are like new migrants.
Yes, and they trickle back in rather than marching like a proper army. I haven't had raiders return into a siege yet, but it's only a matter of time. I worry that, on migrant behavior, even my legendary soldiers will run and scatter rather than fighting.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 01:17:17 pm »

A raid worked, but I sent them out on a second raid, to a place 2 days march, and theyve been gone for a very long time, like a season.  Is that normal?

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 01:21:15 pm »

They're on a pub crawl, asking around about where the artifact is. 

Side note: now that there's named rooms, can Toady implement random tavern names. 'The Red Crundle' or 'The Ettin's Heads'.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »

Do goblins have pubs to crawl?  I figured they would just start beating them up

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 03:59:08 pm »

The taverns, libraries, and temples already get random names (which you can change). The zones you associate with these entities are not named, I assume (I haven't downloaded 0.44.10 yet).

The pub crawls are not in enemy territory, but rather neutral/friendly territory. Your dorfs will visit taverns and ask around if anybody knows anything about the whereabouts of the targeted artifact, basically the same way questers visit your tavern to ask for artifacts that may or may not be at your site.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 12:44:24 am »

Do missions free all rooms assigned to those dwarves?  All the tombs for my dwarves are free now
Sounds like a bug that needs reporting.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?