Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: artifact recovery issue  (Read 1318 times)

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
artifact recovery issue
« on: April 29, 2018, 12:41:51 pm »

I started my fortress in year 5 so there were not a lot of artifacts out there. So I am in year 9 and I have a steady running fortress. I have been toying with the new civilization menu. I have been invading the elves because why not. I am at war with an elven civilization and have 3 full squads. I was curious how the artifact recovery system worked so I decided to recover an artifact in my own fortress by sending my full squad to recover it. This was over an in-game month ago and the dwarves are still marked as traveling in the military menu. I don't know how to solve this issue and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

MrSelfDestruct

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 20 Mountain Dwarf Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: artifact recovery issue
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:51:04 pm »

I started my fortress in year 5 so there were not a lot of artifacts out there. So I am in year 9 and I have a steady running fortress. I have been toying with the new civilization menu. I have been invading the elves because why not. I am at war with an elven civilization and have 3 full squads. I was curious how the artifact recovery system worked so I decided to recover an artifact in my own fortress by sending my full squad to recover it. This was over an in-game month ago and the dwarves are still marked as traveling in the military menu. I don't know how to solve this issue and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

I think you can cancel their traveling somehow. At least, I thought they could or maybe I'm thinking of stopping them before they reach the edge of the map.

I think you might have just sent your dwarves into a black hole, though. The whole system right now is extremely buggy for raids, etc.
Strike the Earth!

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:56:22 pm »

I did, I guess i just sent them into a worm hole of bugs. This is the first issue I have had with the new system. I have done tons of invasions and all that but recovering an artifact in my own fortress just blew it open. I also noticed that i could not recover captured dwarves. Even from an elven fortress that has "No Civilized Life" in it..

MrSelfDestruct

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 20 Mountain Dwarf Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

I did, I guess i just sent them into a worm hole of bugs. This is the first issue I have had with the new system. I have done tons of invasions and all that but recovering an artifact in my own fortress just blew it open. I also noticed that i could not recover captured dwarves. Even from an elven fortress that has "No Civilized Life" in it..

Yeah, I would suggest not messing with it (unless you want loads of !!!FUN!!!) until maybe 2-3 bug patches of fixing it. It is a new feature, after all, so expect loads of bugs even new ones like I think you found.
Strike the Earth!

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 01:00:39 pm »

I suppose that is what I get for trying to eradicate all the elves and plunder all the artifacts. My greed will be the downfall of the entire fortress.