Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ASCII graphic/tile set with TWBT compatible rocks  (Read 3058 times)

urist nazushvel

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Blood O' Lines
    • View Profile
ASCII graphic/tile set with TWBT compatible rocks
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:22:26 am »

Hello all,

I have noticed with some graphic/tilesets rocks depending on if they can be made into metals or are just normal rock they look different when broken. I am trying to find a ASCII tileset that does something similar but have been unable to find one. I believe this is done using TWBT but I may be mistaken. I would like if the tileset was as close to default square as possible. If anyone has any suggestions or a way this can be done with the default tileset I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:25:24 am by urist nazushvel »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASCII graphic/tile set with TWBT compatible rocks
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 02:57:02 am »

This can be done without TWBT by editing the objects files. I believe it involves changing the ITEM_SYMBOL values for these materials. I'm guessing the edits would be made to something like the /raw/objects/inorganic_stone_mineral.txt file.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ASCII graphic/tile set with TWBT compatible rocks
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:12:41 am »

This can be done without TWBT by editing the objects files. I believe it involves changing the ITEM_SYMBOL values for these materials. I'm guessing the edits would be made to something like the /raw/objects/inorganic_stone_mineral.txt file.
That is correct.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::