Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)  (Read 19714 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2018, 08:38:54 pm »

Ok update should be ready tomorrow! I'm going to do the entire year tommorow.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2018, 09:13:00 pm »

OK cant upload today. Something happened. *cough*. Nothing suspicious at all!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2018, 09:22:21 am »

Ya kill everyone m8?

No worries, take yer time. If you did accidentally the fortress, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it in the form of a non-canon story xD

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2018, 03:07:07 pm »

Okay I'll upload the save. I couldent upload yesterday because I had to turn of my computer due to a massive storm.

And don't worry. Only like 10 people died so its fine. Oh and theres beetle people!

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2018, 03:36:44 pm »

Okay.

1st of Granite. 1053.

I wake up from a long night of partying and drinking. I wake up and hope to get back to medical duty, When I am suddenly accosted by the broker! He says "Now sweetcheecks the town got a bit drunk last night. And you've been elected as the new overseer darlin.

Well wambler droppings. This aint good! I just wanted a simple life outside of goblin territory! I dont know how to manage a fort!

Well I guess I have to perservere. According to the head smith we have run out of hematite. I see in the underground passages a few veins of ore. I decide to strip mine the area.

Sure it ruins the look of the passage but who cares! FRESH DWARVEN STEEL.

Looking at our stocks we seem to be doing pretty well. Despite the fact that the farmers think that wine is a proper subsitute for water when farming plump helmets. I do think we need some more clothes because the militias armour seems to be getting pretty battered. Hopefully if my strip mining works we should have enough iron for days.

Felsite.

Yknow what I love! Bolts! My children love bolts my husband loves bolts everyone loves bolts!
boltsboltsboltsboltsbolts............

Now where was I? Ah yes.

There are beetle people in the fort. Squatters really. If they suck up all the wine and leave none for the children we'll have to kick them out. But to be honest they are kinda cute in a way.... Just sitting there in there rooms being little cuties! Actually!

There we go! A little house for the cuties. Maybe I should have asked the queen.... Nah shes sitting upside down in the tavern toilet again and I dont want to wake her up again. I'm sure she'll be fine with it.

Gremlins! Annoying bastards. Well the militia will deal with the problem. And apparently a Giant Tick has broken into the fort and has eaten a farmer! But when I sent the militia the giant tick was found torn limb from limb! Witnesses say that the beetle woman slew the beast! This beetle is clearly no beast! It is a fine young lady! And a young lady needs a name.

Beautiful.

I'll continue my logs later when summer ends

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2018, 04:00:37 pm »

Summer of 1053.

When I last left off I talked about Beetlesaurus the fine young beetle maiden. We'll now be talking about a beetle man.

Hematite 27th

The Armoured House. Also known as the Library of Sunshield has been built! We need to educate the new generation, They cannot all be plump helmet farmers! They have to be plump helmet engineers! Plump helmet scientists!

But we have a big lack of teachers. So it suprised me when the beetle man stood up. He became the library's scholar and has started teaching the dwarves how to read Beetle and the study of plump helmets.

I now know some Beetle myself! And his name is apparently Beetledeed Scrapekey.

Now of course treason is going on in the library right under everyones noses though. Its not even on the scale of refusing to make MOAR BOLTS. Its even worse.

People are eating mussels in the library and staining all the paper. People of Sunshield if you know if someone has commited TREASON. Like this please tell us so they can be given the hammer of JUSTICE. Have a good day!

Malachite-Galena 1053.

A stonecrafter has been possessed by the spirits of long fallen Dwarves! They warn about the start of a scourge but what ever thats heebeegeebee nonsense.

Dammit Kib! I tolf you not to eat Kobold bulbs and plump helmets together! Now look what you've done!

You've caused a riot and made people step all over the new pottery! I had the best craftdwarves in the land make them and you ruined it!

Oh goodie Melbil! I can't wait to see what you create!

That amulet has the spirits of our ancestors. We must keep it safe in the library. Put it on a Pedestal in the library! Dont let word get out to the bonehearted! There cannot be a vile horde of darkness! Smiths! Prepare iron breastplates and silver warhammers!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:03:54 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2018, 04:29:59 pm »

We are greeted by migrants! They brought a few farmers a craftsman and a few children.

We have and abundance of wood stone and metal. I have decided to make a sentry tower in order to see any threats and react accordingly.

Hooray! Another strange mood!

I wonder what the miner might cook up. For those playing at home make a bet to what he might make!

If you guessed a floodgate that cant be used to get rid of magma and is just generally useless then you guessed correctly!

I have decided to make better weapons and armour for our mace and hammerdwarves. I have a feeling that something dark is approaching. Ever since I touched that amulet I have been feeling uneasy....

I was correct! The silver weapons we sold to the traders has attracted the goblins! A squad lead by a macegoblin and a swordgoblin with a master crossbowgoblin in tow!

Beetlesaurus snuck up on the master crossbowgoblin and took him out. The militia managed to fight off the goblin horde.

After the fight Beetlesaurus and Fikod Stillsilver the Goblin slayer and two other militia dwarves had to be taken to the hospital for their injuries while Erith Atisusan was killed in combat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thus I end the Autumn logs. It has been quite an eventful Autumn. My logs shall continue into the winter.

Obsidian 1053

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »

Wait, it tells you when people are brawling under the influence? Is that new?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2018, 05:15:53 pm »

Winter 1053.

We start off winter with a bang. With two dwarves dead. One was brutally killed in the library. While the other one was killed by Beetledeed when they tried to kill a child. The dwarf went crazy after having to carry so many dead bodies. He attacked a dwarf and killed him in the hallway. Beetledeed has insated a no-fighting and no-murder policy in the library.

Due to the stripmine We have an extra 10000 pieces of extra wealth in gold, platinum, silver and iron.

Obsidian 1053

When one sentry decides to make his way up the tower he sees a strange figure in the distance.

CYCLOPS! Dispense the militia!

The militia all mobbed the cyclops while the ranged squad fire bolts at it. Unfortunatly one militia-dwarf was left on the mountains with both legs broken and arms broken. Sazir managed to survive but he is still in the hospital.

And of course our sentiments go to Kadol Govoskib. Who killed the vile cyclops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thus the end of winter 1053 and my Reign as overseer. I have prioritized getting as much metal as possibly so I hope we have enough to make crafts. I'm ready to hand the save off to the next overseer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:01:44 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »

Yes I believe thats new.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »

Wait...did we actually get beetle person settlers or are they just hanging around not hurting anyone? xD

Part of me hopes if the dwarves eventually die out again we'll have enough animal people in the fort to keep it going, lord knows why.

Still a decent read even if we suffered a few losses, but for whatever reason we keep getting migrants from Armok knows where so it isnt as bad xD I have an idea concerning burials once the fortress is a little more advanced, anyways. :3

I'm gonna postpone the FB users for a while since they're getting a tad difficult to track down, so Imic's up next if I recall :)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2018, 06:45:49 pm »

Beetle people, nice. Now get them to making beetle children!

Though, ah, I suppose I should be looking at them more than just beetle factories ^^;;

Hey now, that floodgate isn't useless. It can charm building destroyers (that don't burn it away)!

Wonder if cyclops will save the sentries. I doubt it.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2018, 07:01:19 pm »

Okay so comicraider where should I put the save? And the cylcops is dead. Dont worry the sentries were all fine.

EDIT Can I also get a spot on the adventurer list?

Obsidian 1053

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2018, 08:39:28 pm »

Have any dwarven babies been born yet? I doubt we'll be getting many more migrants, considering that I think these were holdouts from the pop cap.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2018, 09:16:31 pm »

Uh 2. Both to my character.

Obsidian 1053

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14