Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)  (Read 19697 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2018, 08:16:01 pm »

I'll just need to find the save, update to the latest version of DF since I haven't played since I last took a turn months ago, scout out some embark points and such when I next have time off work, and we should be ready to go :)

I'll put a link to the post once it's up. The new fort will likely be nearby the original, but that depends on how merciful the nearby land is. Sunshield did take up the entirety of the only Good biome in the entire world.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2018, 09:13:37 pm »

Embark found, there was a good spot just west of Sunshield. The new fortress has been named Earthenhold, and the new thread's here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172763.0

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I got some bad news.
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2018, 12:34:14 am »

This'll be the final post concerning Sunshield, as the new fortress is underway.

Sunshield is gone, guys.

Immediately after the fortress was retired so I could start on Earthenhold there was a MASSIVE goblin invasion. The government was pushed out and scattered, and Sunshield herself was destroyed.

At least 80 Dwarves and a beetle woman survived, and headed east back to the original Dwarven ruins. The queen (myself) married during the invasion and eloped with her new husband and a few others to the ruined capital of Gladgold, which is home to a Forgotten Beast that has repelled every Goblin attack since the Dwarven populace was wiped out 800+ years ago. I doubt they'll last.

Two hamlets have popped up with roughly 40 Dwarves apiece outside the ruins of the old fortresses, but they're still right on the Goblins' doorstep. Small groups have settled in the other ruins.

In terms of the battle itself;

The invasions, called the Assault of Clashes and the Bloody Attack, saw 7.555 goblins pour into Sunshield, followed by a second wave of 7,662.

During the Assault of Clashes, 80 Dwarves defended their home, whereas only one dwarf defended the fortress during the Bloody Attack, aided only by a water buffalo and a yak. These three put up more of a goddamn fight than the 80 defenders did before.

The dwarf, Avuz Dreamsyrup the Equivalent Growls of Stabbing, killed 8 Goblins before being struck down.

The yak, Sabremerged the Hairs of Prison, killed 82.

The friggin' Water Buffalo, Coventarches the Hoary Spasm, took out 105 Goblins before being overrun.

These three are getting a masterwork statue in the new temple. Make sure of that, whoever takes over Earthenhold next.

Nonetheless, 200ish kills out of almost 8,000 wasnt enough, and Sunshield was destroyed in late spring of 1054.

This invasion took place days after Earthenhold's expedition was launched.

Never forget. Sunshield will be remembered...and probably resettled. Definitely visited by the military to retrieve the artifacts.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2018, 06:42:49 am »

Is there gonna be a new fort? I want to do more adventure mode.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2018, 10:09:10 am »

New thread, new fort: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172763.0
Unsure of adventure mode
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2018, 08:34:21 pm »

Eventually, but the fact that the fortress was annihilated immediately after retiring it has made me paranoid. UselessMcMiner has had luck raiding Goblin sites, so once we can thin out their numbers enough to prevent invasions that large happening again I'll start the adventurer stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]