Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)  (Read 19704 times)

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can also go wild when setting details for decorating. Civilization symbol studded on a breastplate and sewed on a cloak to make suit of armor look like a proper uniform and stuff like that. ;)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile

Oh that I knew already :P I tend to put the group symbol on weaponry and civ symbols on the breastplates.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just sent Canemaster a message to see when we'll get an update, if it's much longer I'll pass the save onto the next player and find out when he's able to resume :)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

Can I have a copy of the save for personal play? I'm trying to create a world with the dwarves extinct, but they are badass and win ALL the wars :)
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, I'll send it to you via PM. :)

In the meantime, I'm gonna pass the save onto the next player before this thread dies xD I sent Canemaster a message letting him know.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

Sure, I'll send it to you via PM. :)

In the meantime, I'm gonna pass the save onto the next player before this thread dies xD I sent Canemaster a message letting him know.

Thanks there buddy!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem buddy, just don't kill the queen xD

The next player's from the DF Facebook group so it may take a while to get in touch and dig out the post from a month ago xD shouldn't be too long, and if that falls through I'll move onto the next guy and so on. This is the first time one of my succession games has made it to a second turn and I refuse to let it die like Vault of Horrors did xD

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

I'm really excited for my turn, I've got some cool ideas for stuff to make, and I loved the concept of the extinct dwarves rebuilding!

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves.
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »

I savescummed, I had a save not long before they came. I'll just have to redesignate some areas and deal with damp stone cancellations below the water pipe again. Feeding those dwarfs would be easy, too easy in my opinion.

I changed d_init.txt:
[POPULATION_CAP:0] (in hope to prevent immigrants)
[STRICT_POPULATION_CAP:220] (default value, means we're allowed to have 220 dwarfs in fortress at a given time. I'm open to suggestions on what this cap should be. Too many dwarfs slow the game to a crawl.)
[BABY_CHILD_CAP:100:1000] (default value, means we'll have 100 underage dwarfs tops. Once they become peasants, further pregnancies will be allowed, up to the strict population cap.)

You may have to edit d_init.txt to make sure the extinct dwarfs don't migrate to the fortress. ;)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just got a reply from Canemaster, there is indeed progress being made and we should hear from him soon. :)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

You know, I have read this now, and I have to ask. Are you guys aware that rabbits give nothing but skulls when butchered?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wut? xD

I think Canemaster may have butchered them all anyway.

*checks wiki* ...oh arse xD that was a waste of embark points. Totems though? Luckily we still have CATS TO BREED xD

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, I learned about that unacceptable plan of yours and gelded them all. :P

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I learn how to mod mandates I shall smite them all xD

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We shall mod you to like cats for their aloofness and cat leather. That will cause you be adopted by them and mandate things made from them. Oh the dilemma, yeah. Is it bigger sanity hit to leave a mandate unfulfilled or to lose a pet? 8)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14