Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)  (Read 19694 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile

World run by Goblins? Elves and Humans extinct? Five dwarves left that are all immortal? This world needs dorfing up.

I was doing some worldgen as i do when i get bored and seem to have come up with an absolute doozy. Nothing special, just ramped up the savagery and set the Civ number to Very low, and the history to Very Long.

End result? Goblins rule the world from the three sites they have left. 5 Dorfs left in the world and they're all female necromancers who've been alive for centuries and all but one seem to have been raised by goblins (the other being born before recorded history, first dorf is last dorf), Humans and Elves are completely extinct. Also megabeasts and shit on a rampage.

We must rebuild. Grab some jumper cables, attach them to some ballsacks and put our drunken bearded friends back at the top of the food chain, bring The Allied Helm back from the dead.

How about a series of succession games to make the world great again? Start off a new fort in a safer part of the world (I THINK I found a very small good biome), use the settlers and hardcoded migrants to try and restart the gene pool, and spread out from there, reminding the Goblins of what hilarious buggery we're capable of?

Still deciding on a name for the initial fortress, suggestions are welcomed as well as players. Only real rules I have are no senseless Dwarf casualties; we're only gonna have the settlers and whatever we get in the hardcoded migrant waves, so we have to make that last until children start coming of age.

So who's in for tearing The Ageless Planet a new one?

Primary Objectives;

1) Bring Dwarven civilization back from extinction.
2) Make sure it doesn't die.
3) Try and recover artifacts from Dwarven ruins.

Secondary Objectives;

1) Take the goblins down a notch.
2) Take out some megabeasts.
3) Bring about the Age of Dwarves, which I guess is both 1 and 2 but I digress.
4) Get hold of a Necromancy Book to give the populace immortality [OPTIONAL]

Adventurer turns will start once the fortress is either finished or stable enough to be retired without fear of massacre.
From what I can tell you can only play as Human Outsiders so armor's gonna be tricky, and I'd reccomend poking around the Human ruins for supplies.
Turns will last a year as always or until your Adventurer dies, whichever comes first :P. Objectives are still pretty much the same (kill goblins and megabeasts, recover artifacts, ???, PROFIT), but I'll be setting up a points system and making it a little competition;

Goblin Kill - 1 point. (simply because there are thousands of the damned things)

Bogeyman/General Ambush Kills - 5 points

Megabeast Kill - 50 points

Recovered Dwarven Artifacts - 30 points

Recovered Non-Dwarven Artifacts - 20 points (there are more of them, even if Elves and Humans have been dead for longer)

Accomplishing all of this and surviving, retiring back at Sunshield or another Dwarven settlement if we get that far - 50 points

Whoever gets the highest confirmed point count out of the various Adventurers in their lifetime will win naming rights to a future fortress, in this world or any I go on to make :P Also I shall write a kickass story of your adventure and post it to the Hall of Legends or something, I dunno yet xD

TURN LIST;
1 ) Comicraider
2 ) Kametec_Housen
3 ) Canemaster
4 ) Krystyn Mazowiecki (FB Group)
5 ) UselessMcMiner
6 ) Francis Petrovich Abascal (FB group)
7 ) Rueben Nunes (FB Group)
8 ) Imic
9 ) GPeter
10)Wilf Shaw (FB Group)

ADVENTURER LIST;
1) FakerFangirl
2) VoiceBook
3) GPeter
4) Caesar Josephus
5)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:13:55 pm by comicraider »

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »

I'm up for this!

Repopulating the world seems like a noble goal. In my experience, however, only a few dwarfs get to marry, so whole generation is probably going to be a few families. Age of dwarfs? Yay! Let's just hope it won't be an age of inbred dwarfs. :)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:54 pm »

Here's hoping the hardcoded migrants come in handy :P Plus I know how to set up "pre-honeymoon suites" so at the very least since we'll likely only really see the first new generation we just have to make sure they churn out at many of the little blighters as they can :3 drown the goblins in babies

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:23:53 pm »

I'm down to hunt megabeasts as an adventurer.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:53:43 pm »

I'd like to claim a dwarf. Could you post the starting 7's likes/dislikes?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:34 pm »

I'll post them as soon as I have them, we're still in the planning stages and trying to find players, the first fort doesn't even have a name yet :P but yeah, I'll dorf you once I get there :3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 12:57:26 pm »

Not gonna take a turn, but could I be dorfed please? This looks like a really cool premise.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 01:00:25 pm »

Sure. :) If I can't get any players/enough to make a proper succession game I may just post the narrative here, give me a chance to write again.

Canemaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 01:59:06 pm »

Saw this on the FB page, sounds epic. I'd like to give some fun a try!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 02:20:25 pm »

Welcome aboard, fellow Urist. I'll start putting together a player list :) I'm also gonna have slots for Adventurers, I figured having extra hands to go kill Goblins and recover Artifacts from the old Dwarven territories and what have you would be helpful :3 I also settled on an embark, a little 4x4 square by the ONLY good biome in the world, free of Aquifers, good amount of trees, by the mouth of a river and away from the Goblin holds. Now we just need a name and it'll be good to go! :)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 02:51:26 pm »

Alrighty, we have a name.

Sunshield.

With the embark sorted out I'm just about ready to get started! I'll pull up the initial settlers' preferences and what have you shortly after embark, this is gonna take some work.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 03:07:28 pm »

Nice name. I have a group name to go with that: Udib Bisól (The Syrups of Peace)

Actually a civilization name I remember. ;) Certain dwarven civilization was named like that in one of my worlds.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 03:10:52 pm »

Nice :P I think it's called The Eternal Sanctuary at the minute but the thought of using that name as an ironic military name makes me giggle :P I'm planning the embark now, any suggestions what to give the settlers in terms of skills/equipment/livestock etc.?

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:22 pm »

The selected land is bountiful, isn't it?

Some food & booze, an anvil, a pickaxe, an axe, (edit) some seeds (/edit) and a kitten. Everything else can be made on site. I usually spend the rest of points on stones of interest. Bituminous coal and assorted ores. I often have to roll a few worlds to get a civilization which has access to all the stones I want.

As for dwarfing, I'd like a miner who also does engraving. Someone who comes at a raw rock, and leaves a neat, smoothed and masterfully engraved room behind. Male if possible.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 03:21:32 pm »

Cac a deabhal ort agus ar do caisláin
*Translation
I'm going to watch this, it looks good.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14