Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves. (Succession Game, COMPLETE)  (Read 19721 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves.
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2018, 01:33:39 pm »

I honestly can't remember if I built any above-ground farms to get us some more diverse booze haha. I remember trying to find Sun Berries and giving up but that's about it. The farms put out enough that we can make enough Dwarven Wine to last a while anyway :P

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Usnuspstrasp - Return of the Dwarves.
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 01:35:40 pm »

Oh, I was meant to slaughter all the bunnies and kittens xD my plan was to harness the catsplosion and rabbitsplosion as an infinite food/bone/leather/parchment source.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Could I have Obok Nokimuvel. Make him a Mason/Miner, turn on the architect ability, and give him the custom title of "The Maker".
I won't take a turn just yet, but put me on the list reserving a place for when I have time, which should be in around a month or two.
Sozzlepops.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem, there's already 7 people in line for a turn and someone else waiting on an Adventurer so you've got time :3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Then put me at then end! I'll have a good bit of fun when my turn comes around...
((I never use militaries, just traps. I cannot for the life of me properly use an army))
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We need to avoid casualties anyway so chances are we'll be caging invaders and later feeding them to whatever we find in the caves. Bout time we started wearing down the goblins' population :3 18 dwarves to 4000+ goblins, this is gonna be the war to end all wars.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Yi
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'll dwarf you. I'll make you a miner as requested, but should we need a mechanic or a thresher, I'll keep you in mind. ;D

1st Hematite
Summer has arrived on the calendar. I realized that I can now be considered a legendary carpenter, in all modesty. Yay. The bunny issue is being solved. Pasture is turned into pen, with a wall and tightly shut doors, so the little devils stay inside. Now to figure how to get ones which are outside back in. If they keep eating at sanity, I'll have them butchered. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of kitten roast, so I'm considering gelding all our cats. We'll have time to figure out how to deal with vermin before they die of old age. And by that time, we may have all our food in adamantine pots so even two legged rhino lizards are going to grind their teeth to dust, hehe. I'm however open to suggestions, I'll geld them during winter. As for the bunnies, they can keep breeding like crazy. They have a murky pool in their pen, so any excess ones can drown for all I care.

Spoiler: Bunny & whatever pen (click to show/hide)

Regarding next projects: Newly dug areas need smoothing, I'd like to provide extra furniture for our apartments and hospital needs to be created. Trees are insidious and I want to have hospital going on before I take a falling log to the knee.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the cats for food xD spare them for now, my plan is to harness the eventual catsplosion so I can make loads of bone crafts and use the skins to make parchment and flesh out my library :P Just like I did in Skinnedseals.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

I wonder why those 18 dwarves showed up, and where they came from. 900 years after the civ died there shouldn’t be survivors in the wild to draw on, so where on earth could they have appeared from - migrant waves simply should not ever be able to ever show up in this kind of situation...
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a related topic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170602.0.

According to info posted there, if a civ is truly dead, it is culled from embarkable civ list, so we shouldn't be able to embark as a truly dead civ. And pseudo dead or struggling civs seem buggy. I have dealt with those migrants by savescumming and disabling immigration by setting a pop cap. It worked, we're still on 18 dwarfs.

On unrelated note, it is autumn already, but I don't have time to compile a report now, so I'll either do it tomorrow evening or on Saturday.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game will warn you, when I embarked I got a message saying "Your chosen civilization is dead or dying. Dwarves may take on important roles." or something to that extent.

I'll post the pre-embark XML files onto my Dropbox for people to take a look.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder why those 18 dwarves showed up, and where they came from. 900 years after the civ died there shouldn’t be survivors in the wild to draw on, so where on earth could they have appeared from - migrant waves simply should not ever be able to ever show up in this kind of situation...
The first 3 migrations are hardcoded into the game, and don't draw on preexisting dwarfs, but come out of thin air.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Limestone
Summer has been rather uneventful. We're hard pressed for dwarf power, so progress on standing projects has been slow. Considering we have about 1k prepared foods stockpiled, I think I'll leave the kitchen and brewery redesign for someone else. I'll be glad I'll manage to have current projects completed in time, so I won't be starting anything major. I have areas dug out and smoothed, but a lot of furniture needs to be placed. I've taken up an apprentice to help me with it. Tosid Oltarengig has improved to adequate carpenter under my careful supervision.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking good! :) my hospitals basically look like army medical tents, just an 11x11 room filled with beds and traction benches. Beyond the occasional cuts and bruises I never get anything major injury-wise, my usual world is one where either you're playfighting with kittens or taking down forgotten beasts and sieges. No in-between :P I think exactly ONCE I had a dwarf arrive with a missing arm in a migrant wave, so I usually just focus on burial chambers and leave medical facilites as an afterthought :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14