Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Perplexing medical emergency  (Read 2926 times)

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Perplexing medical emergency
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »

My dorfs are for some reason starting to bleed all over the place, and I don't know why.
[v]iew units indicate upper or lower body in brown, and [z]+[enter] tells me that their upper or lower body is dripping or oozing their own dwarf blood, and that their upper or lower body is melted.
The [z]tatus health screen tell me that the afflicted dwarves are suffering from "bleeding" or "heavy bleeding".

I've used DF Hack to check for syndromes and curses, but other than the random inebriated dorf I find nothing to explain the sudden bleeding.
My embark site is Joyous Wilds, and no combat messages other than the local humanoid tribesman tripping when entering the area.

Please help.  :'(

Only one hostile creature has visited me during the one and a half year my fort has existed, and it was a "WereAss"(no joke).

I have not yet bothered to dig down to even the first cavern layer yet, some magma is not the source.

I'm in a biome mostly consisting of temperate forest and a bit of mountain, too warm for ice and snowfall but not hot enough to evaporate the small bodies of water.

My dorfs can start bleeding when out in the open or inside my dug-out fort, in the middle of work or when socializing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:49:17 pm by Miles_Umbrae »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexing medical emergency
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:28:12 pm »

It sounds like the temperature is really high.  (are you in a "scorching" loaction?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:29:56 pm »

Roughly, how many dwarfs are bleeding out of the population? Might they have been working in the same area? Did you have any combat reports involving firebreathing/magma creatures? Do you have a system that dumps stuf into magma and might have caused magma mist? (and, is the biome Scorching?)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:05:17 pm »

Melting is not a syndrome. Melting means something in your fortress is so hot it kills people to stand near it.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 08:49:22 pm »

Only one hostile creature has visited me during the one and a half year my fort has existed, and it was a "WereAss"(no joke).

I have not yet bothered to dig down to even the first cavern layer yet, some magma is not the source.

I'm in a biome mostly consisting of temperate forest and a bit of mountain, too warm for ice and snowfall but not hot enough to evaporate the small bodies of water.

My dorfs can start bleeding when out in the open or inside my dug-out fort, in the middle of work or when socializing.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:22:03 am »

It could be a forgotten beast with syndrome blood died before you breached the cavern. And some dwarfs accidentally stepped on the blood, bringing it into the fortress.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:12:47 am »

It could be a forgotten beast with syndrome blood died before you breached the cavern. And some dwarfs accidentally stepped on the blood, bringing it into the fortress.
Highly unlikely when no cavern has been breached yet...

Posts about this kind of issue have started to appear recently, and as far as I know the cause has not been located. I don't know if it's been reported on the bug tracker.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 08:10:04 am »

I read a similar issue the other day. The Problem there was that the player had turned temperature off in the INIT file. Don't know if this helps here though.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 11:15:35 am »

I read a similar issue the other day. The Problem there was that the player had turned temperature off in the INIT file. Don't know if this helps here though.

I'm playing on a pure Lazy N00b Pack install.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 12:04:15 pm »

Any titans with fire breath showed up? Or fire in general?

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:52 pm »

Edited my original post to include further information.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 12:52:45 am »

Do you have seasonal autosaves on? If so, can you back up to before the dwarves melted, and see if they'll do it a second time?

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 05:07:51 am »

Do you have seasonal autosaves on? If so, can you back up to before the dwarves melted, and see if they'll do it a second time?

Sadly I don't know when exactly it started happening.
I've tried a lot of options to try to remedy the situation, but not even using DF Hack full-heal helps for long before it happens to some other dorfs...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 05:50:45 am »

It might help if you uploaded a save.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 10:51:11 am »

It might help if you uploaded a save.

I'll look into doing that when I'm back home in a few days.
Pages: [1] 2 3