Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Perplexing medical emergency  (Read 2903 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexing medical emergency
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 03:06:45 pm »

Maybe your embark is only partially Joyous Wilds, and contains a second biome with evil weather.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 03:50:17 pm »

Maybe your embark is only partially Joyous Wilds, and contains a second biome with evil weather.

Made doubly-triple sure that I did not have any evil biome before embarking as I intended this site to be somewhere I could experiment with different constructions and the new game-mechanics in peace.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »

What was the temperature of your embark?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 08:26:13 am »

Temperate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 11:21:41 am »

Temperate.
Unfortunately, that's not a temperature, but a climate zone. It's possible to get freezing tropics and scorching temperate, but I guess you haven't made a PSV world, so that shouldn't happen.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 10:35:56 am »

It might help if you uploaded a save.

Where can I upload my save, and what files should be included in it?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 11:06:47 am »

Saves are typically uploaded to DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/submit.php.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 09:12:32 pm »

And what files to include, well, the best thing to do is to go to your df_folder\data\save, find which save is you want to upload and zip its whole directory.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 03:39:09 am »

The save consists of the folder "regionX" for the appropriate game (the same name you continue the game with). This folder is located in <DF>/data/save, as mentioned (sorry for failing to answer that part of the question).

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 06:59:31 pm »

It might help if you uploaded a save.

Finally got some time to upload the save.
Here's the link(hoping it works):
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13761

Unpause the game, give it a minute, pause, and look up/down along the levels for trails of blood.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:47 am »

My 7Zip is unable to unpack the RAR file uploaded.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 04:01:05 am »

My 7Zip is unable to unpack the RAR file uploaded.

Here's one in .zip format, just for you. ;)
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13762

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 04:16:04 am »

Well, my 7zip worked (v18.01).

It is a strange situation, the temperatures of some parts of dwarves do indeed reach melting temperature of fat. They start melting and bleeding. If a transfusion is performed with DFhack, then they can be saved, because bleeding stops some time after fat is gone, though it is a bit of work without scripts. But what causes that is a mystery at a first glance. In my opinion this qualifies as a bug. By the way, clothes on the offending parts also have their temperature raised, but it seems they just react to increased temperature of a body part, not the other way around.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:12 am »

Looks like my 7Zip is very outdated...

As far as I can see the outdoor temperature is between 10034 and 10045 Urist, which is about half way between freezing and normal body temperature

An odd thing with the clothing of the fisherdwarf I've looked at is that it seems the DFHack enhanced info of the dress (and other clothing) disappears in between the start of the save and when the dorf starts melting, but looking at the item the temperature with gui/gm-editor it seems to still be below normal body temperature.

Stripping the fisherdorf of all clothing (by setting the garbage_collect flag of each item) seems to save the fisherdwarf from starting to bleed when others do, so I suspect something is happening to the clothing or in an interaction between clothing and the body.

Edit: Just stripping away the dress seems to be sufficient to save the dorf. The DFHack enhanced info didn't decay on the other clothing items either.

Edit 2: The script association is a red herring: that's an unrelated bug in the script... Still, I can't understand why removing the dress causes the heat buildup to stop.

Edit 3: It seems stripping the Chief Medical Dwarf of all clothing somehow blocks bleeding from starting there as well. However, stripping just the dress didn't seem to help, but it may well be related to some other clothing item with an elevated temperature.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:18:26 pm by PatrikLundell »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 12:52:37 pm »

Sounds to me like the thermal insulation provided by clothing is permitting units to heat up to melting point. Perhaps it's an issue with insulation calculations?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:15:01 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3