Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night Creature  (Read 708 times)

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Night Creature
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:28:56 am »

I was looking at the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] and [NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN] tags since I was planning on making Fae. I also wanted to make them into two civilizations (Seelie and Unseelie), but I'm not sure how that will interact with the night creature tags.
For the Bogeyman tags I was planning on simply making new castes, so that I'll have the fae have bogeyman and non-bogeyman castes, but would I have to make a separate caste for the hunter tag?
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Night Creature
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:34:49 pm »

The night creature tags run counter to being part of a civilization, assuming you mean entities. You're better off using the tags for child thieves and the like to simulate it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Night Creature
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:43:40 am »

Well bogeymen tag will give you a bunch of fae that will act as normal but spawn from the cackling when you play adventure mode.
otherwise safe to use in entities. Night creature hunter will lead to folks from the civ snatching folks to convert into more of them, but otherwise won't happen ingame and be something you read in world gen logs. child thieves tag will make them hostile to everyone but other child thieves which might end up with other playable civs or civs in general going to war with them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes