Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wizards surviving in the wild IC [Month2, Middle of nowhere]  (Read 2114 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards surviving in the wild IC [Month1, Middle of nowhere]
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 07:54:10 pm »

Maiena begins the process of seeing the mountainous area has areas that a terrace-possible places, it just needs to be areas with less very sloped hills to slight sloped hills. Also wonder what a Skailer is, (Sailer?)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:45 pm »

Maiena begins the process of seeing the mountainous area has areas that a terrace-possible places, it just needs to be areas with less very sloped hills to slight sloped hills. Also wonder what a Skailer is, (Sailer?)
Skailer is the official title of anyone who is trained in the art of sailing an Airship, it is debated whether the title came into existence on its own or if it was made by forcing together the words "Sky" and "Sailer".
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 09:29:17 pm »

Eldered... why just why?
Falerion has a moment of brilliance and goes to grab a Skailer
Do ye know if the airship operated on magic, and either way can we salvage the parts that make it fly?
His eyes gleam at the possibilities If they are intact, then they could potentially make their own ship, if the parts are magic they could study them and make the entire area around them take flight...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:47:16 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards surviving in the wild IC [Month2, Middle of nowhere]
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 02:44:48 pm »

Scouting, Difficulty [Simple(+20)] [MINROLL(80)] [4]
Karl goes to get a look around the area, that... doesn't go so well, as he tripped over a large rock and spent the next few days walking back up the mountain to the ship, he didn't really see all that much.

Looking for water, Difficulty [Easy(+10)] SKILLS[+80] [MINROLL(10)] [38]
Octal has a much better time then Karl, locating several underground Rivers, Over all this land is a bit... Subpar for water.

Organizing Guild people, Difficulty [Average] BONUSES[TRADEPERSON(+30)] [MINROLL(70)] [84]
Just as well, Falerion convinces the guild people to start tearing apart the ship and build some proper workshops out of it.
See what can be salvaged [Average] SKILL[+40] [MINROLL(60)] [34]
However he erringly is convinced that a large pole in the center of the ship isn't load bearing, a mistake that ends with his being hit in the face by roughly 30 pounds of wood and metal from above and the destruction of many important magical bits.

Chicken fusing plans, Difficulty [Difficult(-10)] SKILLS[+120] [MINROLL(0)] [9]
Edelred starts drawing up plans to fuse many of the chickens together, if not for his skills in All manner of previous fusions its likely he would have failed at simply drawing these plans up... now if only they were neater... *

Searching for terracing areas, Difficulty [Easy(+10)] [MINROLL(90)] [90]
Maiena spends the month looking for areas that Terraces could be, annoyingly it seems that most of this area, and indeed the whole bloody world is mountain of one slope or another, however she does find several area that Should work.

NPC ACTIONS
Peasents: SEARCH FOR FOOD, Difficulty [Easy(+10)] SKILLS[+30] [MINROLL(60)] [87]
Berries, Nuts, and Some weird yellow fruit! Dinner for a few months has been found!

Guilders: Disassemble Ship, Difficulty [Average] SKILLS[+50] [MINROLL(50)] [65]
After Falerion's er Mishap, the guild folk went at taking apart the ship, their actual skill in working wood and metal quickly took it down.
Build Workshops: Difficulty [Average] SKILLS[+50] [MINROLL(50)] [83]
Afterwards they quickly set to work constructing Buildings, Workshops and some small amount of housing is dug into the mountain.

Skailers: Scout about, Difficulty [Simple(+20)] SKILLS[+30] [MINROLL(50)] [74]
The Skailers go out while one of their number is interrogated about something they only know how to Drive, they report back that they can see a large structure to the north, and another of a different a few days to the south east? its a bit hard to tell seeing how the sun is overhead no matter where ya are.

Spoiler: Falerion (dgr11897) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Octal Atlantis (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TOWN STATUS (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »

Falerion rubs his head, that hurt, a lot
"Well, I ain't doin that again"
He looks to the others
Whats our next move? i'm thinkin of drawing up some plans for bots, scouts in particular. also eldered, why, what were you thinkin
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2018, 07:27:01 pm »

Edelred decides to go scouting for new resources, using his nature magic to help himself along the way.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 02:25:25 am »

Falerion calls out to octal, Karl, and maiena. Alright, here are me thoughts, by the looks o things it would be a good idea to fortify the hull of the airship, turning it into a keep, and building everything that we can either inside the hull or underground, it won't be pleasent but it will be a might bit warmer and safer come winter. Octal, see if you can't train the skailers into a proper guard, arm them with sling staves, long wood poles you stick a dart in the end of, seeing as you are the only one with experience in ranged combat. Karl, could you please lead the peasants to the place maiena found? And have them establish a farm. Maiena, see about investigating one of the structures, I don't care which one, and take the mindblank with you, for safety reasons. As for me, I'll be organizing the craftsmen to expand the underground areas and craft some tools, and draft some plans for automatons for use as scouts, using the soul of a chicken as the power source.
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 08:18:17 am »

*salutes* Aye aye, cap’n!

[to the skailers] ALRIGHT, MATES, LET’S GET TO WORK!
Octal will be using his long-range combat skills, his speaking skills, and possibly his grey magic to teach these men how to guard this boattown with properly ranged equipment!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:14:26 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »

Karl nods to Falerion and waddles over to the peasants.
"Ay, you lot! Les' go till som' ground!"
Karl leads the peasants to one of the terraces that Maiena found, and has them start making some farmland.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 04:58:14 pm »

Glad to see you agree with my plan!!
Falerion organizes the craftsmen to fortify the hull of the ship and create more subterranean housing. While they are doing that he draws up plans for a basic flying scout automata, The thopter. It has a birdlike head and flies with a helicopter blade.
My Power armor arms race

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 02:25:22 pm »

Instruct and lead the Craftman to build chicken pens and areas for the chicken to lay eggs and so we can continuous food support, somewhere with grazing area for the chickens would be nice
”Now, I think we need even some more food sources so that we don’t starve ourselves to death”

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2018, 02:31:22 pm »

Realizing a potential problem, falerion only grabs fifty craftsmen, with the rest going to maiena
((This is not my whole action This is more me helping specify how the craftsmen are divided.))
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 2 [3]