Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10 Released  (Read 98447 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10 Released
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2018, 10:27:27 am »

Just popping in to say that the sleeping army/refugee but does still seem to be active if that's a concern for anyone. However, I've found a fix is to add [NO_SLEEP] token will allow them to function normally.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2018, 04:49:49 pm »

Just popping in to say that the sleeping army/refugee but does still seem to be active if that's a concern for anyone. However, I've found a fix is to add [NO_SLEEP] token will allow them to function normally.
Well, yeah, it would, wouldn't it?
Somewhat overkill as a workaround, don't you think? Managing sleep is a major part of both Adventurer and Fortress modes.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »

Annoying bug nonetheless. Toady worked quite some time in this feature ( armies camps, patrols, invading and killing the general) and not once I got to experience this feature because of this bug.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »

Well, yeah, it would, wouldn't it?
Somewhat overkill as a workaround, don't you think? Managing sleep is a major part of both Adventurer and Fortress modes.

Its definitely unfortunate but it does allow the feature to work so if it matters a lot to you that it happens in adventure mode then I recommend giving it a shot.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2018, 06:18:13 pm »

Annoying bug nonetheless. Toady worked quite some time in this feature ( armies camps, patrols, invading and killing the general) and not once I got to experience this feature because of this bug.
What specific bug (link) are you talking about? The only one I'm aware of applies only to some units, so I'm surprised you say it's keeping you from experiencing the feature entirely.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2018, 06:21:44 pm »

What specific bug (link) are you talking about? The only one I'm aware of applies only to some units, so I'm surprised you say it's keeping you from experiencing the feature entirely.

The sleeping army bug. Every time I found armies camping all the units were sleeping and they never awoke.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »

The sleeping army bug. Every time I found armies camping all the units were sleeping and they never awoke.

This also applies to fleeing groups of refugees. To compound the problem, once discovered by the adventurer and put in the bugged sleep state, I have seen cases where the army would then never move again, even years after the original encounter. I believe the bug puts all affected armies into a state of permanent inactivity, but the civilization does not adjust for this by forming a new army because it still thinks the old one is fine. In other words, adventure mode playthroughs of any significant length of time will slowly but inevitably grind the world to a halt as you inadvertently put all interesting events into permanent stasis. This of course affects fort mode as well. Invasions will never come in a world at this level of corruption because most if not all the potential histfigs to be sent are asleep and the civ does not think their army has finished their initial campaign.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »

I asked for a link. Is it reported on Mantis? Toady usually reads these release threads, but things reported only on the forums can easily go missed. In general, if something isn't reported on Mantis, it's almost as bad as not being reported at all.

Edit: Okay, found it at http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6798. I may have been misremembering it, or thinking of another report - I remember troubleshooting a report like that with a single unit (although there's a chance it was part of a larger army).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:33:05 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2018, 07:20:39 pm »

I asked for a link. Is it reported on Mantis? Toady usually reads these release threads, but things reported only on the forums can easily go missed. In general, if something isn't reported on Mantis, it's almost as bad as not being reported at all.

Edit: Okay, found it at http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6798. I may have been misremembering it, or thinking of another report - I remember troubleshooting a report like that with a single unit (although there's a chance it was part of a larger army).

That's the one I think. I also contributed a save. Its somewhat difficult since finding a sieging army is rare but it can be done.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »

Sorry, I was on my phone away from home but this is the one.

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2018, 05:22:15 am »

with the versions of DF, if I download this current version today, will it have all the bug fixes talked about on the front page, or do all those only include when the next version is released (which would be 44.11) ?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:19 am »

with the versions of DF, if I download this current version today, will it have all the bug fixes talked about on the front page, or do all those only include when the next version is released (which would be 44.11) ?
Recent fixes and updates for version 0.44.10 are listed also at the first post of this topic.
Posts at the main page from the last week (after last release on 05/05/2018) together with fixes listed in Mantis under Next Version are for the upcoming v0.44.11.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2018, 05:11:50 pm »

Recent fixes and updates for version 0.44.10 are listed also at the first post of this topic.
Posts at the main page from the last week (after last release on 05/05/2018) together with fixes listed in Mantis under Next Version are for the upcoming v0.44.11.

thanks  :)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2018, 06:45:08 pm »

Just received a zombie siege which includes an Elk Man recruit (living). Weren't towers stopped from raising living troops back in 44.06?

--edit
Zombies had the usual issue of milling about aimlessly at the edge of the map which used to happen when living troops came with them.
Sent my dorfs out to attack the horde. About halfway through the battle, a wild boar skeleton attacked the Elk man, he's stabbing at it's unconscious body with his tusks now, so that's one issue solved.

--edit
Well, it seems like most of the wildlife being animated by the deadites is actually fighting with them. That's...not normal. Is it?

Anyhow it's all going up on DFFD now. There's even a couple of immovable scrolls to add to that bug report.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:10:08 am by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2018, 05:37:20 am »

The immovable scrolls suffer from the standard issue of visitor/invader "books" being marked with the "Trader" flag (DFHack name) that ought to be reserved for merchant goods. Using DFHack to clear the flag causes the "books" to be tasked for hauling, as usual.

The "promotion" issue should have been fixed, so presumably there's a hole in the fix.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8