Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riots in the dark pits  (Read 2051 times)

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Riots in the dark pits
« on: May 05, 2018, 10:33:22 pm »

I have lately been sending adventurers into the dark pits, on missions of merciless slaughter.

However, it seems like when my adventurer encounters a 'stray beak dog' and attacks this creature it always starts brawls between all of the beak dogs and the nearby trolls and goblins. This leads to a frenzy in which as many as dozens of trolls and goblins are mauled by their own pet beak dogs (unless these are random wild animals in their lairs which only begin fighting with them when I disturb them.)

Is this an intended mechanic, and does anyone have any more information or ideas about why this happens? It seemed like the first time I did it also started violence with the trolls and goblins amongst each other as well as the savage beak dogs.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Riots in the dark pits
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:35:25 pm »

This sounds like a loyalty cascade to me, though why this is triggering it, I do not know.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:36:48 pm »

I would guess he is himself, as a member of the civ or group?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BruceyBoyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:16:38 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think this may be related to the issues of everyone demanding that everyone identify themselves. Usually I find brawls going on before I even arrive but I've usually killed goblins elsewhere that ran into the pits. This madness didn't happen before the identification demands were implemented - Maybe

-Beak dogs can't talk and can't demand that goblins identify themselves, but they still kill them for not doing so (but I don't think non-sapients do that)
-Beak dogs can't talk and so fail to identify themselves when ordered (but I think that was fixed?)
-Goblins failing to identify themselves cause inter-goblin fights, causing beak dogs to jump in

The last seems logical, but I'd have to study it more myself to be sure.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »

Isn't casual murder basically supposed to be part of everyday life in goblin civs anyway? It's about as taboo for goblin civ members to kill each other as it is for human civ members to lie to each other

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 11:26:50 pm »

it probably is happening in error but I never thought much of it because I figured that's just what life in the goblin pits is like

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 12:44:29 pm »

It's probably related to them having [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED].