Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: LCM - Dungeonevened - The End  (Read 38139 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: LCM - Dungeonevened - Sorcerer-Goddess-Queen
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2019, 10:35:37 am »

I'm planning on updating Culture Shock relatively soon, with this update focusing mainly on new creatures and stuff. If I get it done before the next update, the Dungeonevened sequel may be teeming with more life.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »

RIP Dungeonevened, accidentally slain by the forumite deity SQman. I imagine some kind of spacetime ripple destroyed the world shortly after the next update you have planned. Bit of a shame imo, now that the grand matriarch arrived.

Any special plans for the sequel besides using the updated version of the modpack? If wanted I could potentially make some creatures for story purposes - returning home tomorrow after the holidays so I'd be ready to work on mods again.
Thanks, but I won't be needing any help of that sort. All the things I might need I can make on my own.

I kind of wanted to see what Yetine was capable of, maybe pitting her against a mongrelfolk. And I never got to make her a throne room with porcelain tiles and walls. She could maybe write a book on melancholic alchemancy, which would be a good thing to use in the story. Now I really feel bad about losing this save.

I'm planning on updating Culture Shock relatively soon, with this update focusing mainly on new creatures and stuff. If I get it done before the next update, the Dungeonevened sequel may be teeming with more life.

It's in! I updated the modpack to version 1.3.0, and along with it Culture Shock.

I was just about to post this, and I misread melancholic alchemancer as alcoholic alchemancer. I think I know what I'll be working on for the next update...

Edit: A whole day worth of writing gone because my laptop shut down for no reason. I kinda want to die, but I want to finish the story even more. I just need to find a way to half-ass it in a testeful way.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »

I guess I should make a thread in the modding subforum for the modpack, but for now here we are, the next update. The last one cotained duped raws, and I'm very sorry for that.

This update is basically polishing rough areas, such as the drow entity. According to the wiki, land holder positions go up to 3, and drows had 5. The new positions are: petty matriarch, matriarch, great matriarch. High matriarch got scrapped altogether.
Drows now style their hair like dwarves do, and can send raids as they should. I can also confirm they have more diverse names.

(oh, Uthimi)

I also don't feel salty about losing a whole day's worth of writing anymore, so maybe the last story update won't be half-assed, and there's a high chance there will be an epilogue after that. I guess that means that the next update won't be the last? I suppose.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2019, 04:31:27 pm »

Neato - will be a bit sad to see this conclude, admittedly, but it was a fun ride.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2019, 09:49:20 pm »

I just got back from holiday and caught up...…… sad that the save is broke, we were doing so well, hopefully we can do even better in the sequel, with the new and improvedTM less-insane mod pack...
     Looking forward to the conclusion of the saga - might have some more border-line angry/drunk words with the grand matriarch.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2019, 04:28:54 pm »

Still working on the update!

I had a big think about the civs in the sequel, and I've already decided on some stuff:
-No civilized dinosaur people, owlbear people or minotaurs. The Empire-aligned monstrous race will be devils - human-like demons with goat hooves and a pair of small horns sticking out of their foreheads. They will be human-sized, but with natural combat and social skills, and access only to a unique metal, nevercold brass, so they don't come sieging with copper swords. Probably won't give them outright demonic pets.

-Eldritch monsters will be deep ones. I may or may not give them aqua-plastics and zrbite metals. To keep with the theme, their pets will be lobster men, gillmen, grells and T.rexes. (seriously, somebody should make an X-Com mod)

-The demonic monster-aligned civ will be Terror Demons.

I haven't updated the modpack yet, but I can already announce a few changes:
-Coral, kelp, sea cucumbers etc. will only grow in savage biomes, mostly in wetlands.
-Water berries will grow near water in forests, not literally everywhere.
-Removed extra entries for coral. They were still tagged as crystal (Squamous reused raws from The Lunar Realms), so there was no duplication.
-Enchanted wood will require more wood, and probably won't be made in the craftsdwarf's workshop. Same with enchanted brass, enchanted bone and pure jade.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2019, 06:43:43 pm »

Could you have a look at the new metals that have been added?  When setting up a metal ore stockpile, the third entry for types of metal is blank and this might be related to Rhodium.  I've dug up Rhodium chunks but not been able to smelt them because the reaction asks for Rhodium ore - however, even after I deleted Rhodium from the RAWS, there was still a problem with the stockpile settings……  apologies for not being more helpful there.

Edit: Wrong stockpile type - fixed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:15:02 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2019, 06:58:02 am »

Today's update's theme: uncluttering the forge! Well, not really, but metals that exist only as tissues or don't exist at all don't need to take valuable space. Still haven't changed hardened wood reaction, but I don't feel like going back into raws right now

-Fixed rhodium. It had nothing to do with the blank third entry which I can't find the source of. Some inorganic must be missing a name.
-Turns out borax was duped. It isn't anymore.
-Massively decreased the weight of World of Flesh plants.
-Removed unused metals: otherworldly metal, galactic metal, cosmic glass, rusty metal, blessed steel, razor wood, hardened fungus
-Runebone, sunlight, wyrdlight and fae chitin made into stone.
-Drows should no longer have access to Doom demons. I don't like the fact that they would have ticks and trites every single time.

Just in case: if you want to update, delete everything in your raw folder and copy all new raws in. A file or two was deleted.

Edit: drows do have access to doom demons. Next update I'll fix that, make chaos daemons not pet material for drows too, fix scale and chitin chests/bags

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »

Something new for you to look at: Bloodstone gems, which seem to generate unholy numbers during world gen.  Started a new fort last night, 6x6 and found we had 185k bloodstone gems, which turned out to be more than the top 4 metal ores combined.

Spoiler: Bloodstone 'cluster' (click to show/hide)
     Also Cyclopean Beetele (Beetle?).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:51:04 pm by Darkening Kaos »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2019, 02:24:30 am »

Are you sure those are gems? There's a type of stone called bloodstone, which may spawn in large clusters.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2019, 03:27:14 am »

It's in Inorganic_Stone_Gem, which makes it one of Toady's - but Bloodstone is not the problem, just a symptom of another duped raw somewhere.  I've been looking all day, but haven't found anything.

The problem might actually be that Bloodstone has both the [IS_STONE] AND [IS_GEM] tags, I don't know what the impact of that might be.

Edit: I went back to an original DF file and Bloodstone there only has the [IS_GEM} tag, so removing it from your version will probably get rid of the flood of Bloodstone gems.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:40:06 am by Darkening Kaos »

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2019, 05:53:50 am »

Well, the problem with bloodstone is [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:100] who make it appears everywhere in enormous cluster, while [IS_GEM:...] just says it should spawn gem item instead of boulder item. The [IS_STONE] is also defined twice, since it have [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE], and [IS_STONE] is already defined in this template.

All the gems uses [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:X] to appear in small clusters, so if you want to go back to the same amount of bloodstone as vanilla you should replace [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:100] with [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100], but if you want it to be a stone you need to replace the [IS_GEM:...] with [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:bloodstone]

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2019, 07:02:56 am »

Version 1.3.3 is up!

Okay, I have no idea what's the deal with bloodstone, because I don't remember ever touching it. It's back to vanilla version.
Chitin and scale chests are now bags
Drows shouldn't shave their heads
Pinkies, trites and ticks are no longer drow pets, chaos daemons are fair game, because they appear only sometimes.
Fixed typo on Cyclopean Beetles and golden lichen

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2019, 04:14:00 am »

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:22:03 am by Darkening Kaos »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14