Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manage Clothing?  (Read 972 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manage Clothing?
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:51:15 am »

Is there any way to manage clothing? I want my king to wear a crown. Also i wouldnt mind if they took off a few hats... they are often wearing a hood and a hat at the same time.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Manage Clothing?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:53:46 am »

Can you put the king in a military squad? I don't remember if you can assign crowns or not.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:36:25 am »

you cant manage clothing unless you mobilize your entire fortress or make specific clothing. in which your talking about, jewelry they will never usually wear unless assigned in the military

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:20:26 am »

I believe there's a DFHack command for force equipping items. You may want to look for that.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:42:06 pm »

I think you can forbid worn items if you want to remove them.

tussock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 08:55:49 am »

Dorfs will fill up each layer on each body part if they can.

Hats under Hoods.
Dresses under Cloaks.
Gloves under Mittens.
Nothing under Pants.
Socks under Shoes.

The four basic layers are Under, Over, Armour, and Cover, but there's also a couple of sub-layers in Armour.

Let's check the military in my current fort.

Auto-equipping metal over clothes got them ...

Trousers + Chain Leggings.
Helm + Hood.
2 Gloves + 2 Gauntlets.
2 Socks + 2 High Boots.
Tunic + Toga + Mail Shirt + Breastplate + Cloak,
Shield.

Cool, so they chuck anything incompatible, like Caps and Shoes, and put on all the available armour layers of the allowed types that are sitting around. Sweet.

You want to put him in a "royal folks" squad, with no barracks assignment, a custom uniform that wears over civ clothes and is composed of only the nicest crown in your fort (and maybe a silver mace, or something he likes). That should get him wearing it. Yeah, my off duty military are still wearing their outfits. Maybe have to station him in the finished goods pile for a bit to get him to want to put it on the first time.