Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You are the DM  (Read 587 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are the DM
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:37:23 am »

This is like a kind of "free form" RPG. There is not just one DM. Instead everyone acts as the DM for the person before them. Each player may decide how they want to do things, but try to be consistent. Please don't make rulings that are like, "Bob tripped and broke his neck and died." Try to tell stories.
I'll try to make posts sometimes that details inventories and status effects.
For example:
Sam: My character, Samus, is walking through the woods and looks around. (Sam does a simple setup, nothing special.)
Joe: Alright, perception check rolls a d20 and gets a 15 Samus is very perceptive right now and notices a log cabin. John, my character, is also walking through the woods and is also looking around. (Joe uses Sam's setup and treats it like a D&D game, rolls a dice and stuff.)
Bob: Cool. Uh... he finds a wolf. (Bob doesn't do that with Joe. Instead he treats it like a role play. That's fine.)
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the DM
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:41:12 am »

I look around town for a job.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 96%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:45:49 am »

(I did this. I recommend people call dibs first, so stuff doesn't go to waste.)

"Wanted: Crocodile Extermination"

Mr. Florence looks for demons to slay.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:56:12 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:40 am »

Apparently Crocodiles are demons in this area.

MonkeyMarkMario accepts the Crocodile Extermination job and looks for people to go kill crocodiles with. Oh and also a weapon.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:03:26 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:01 am »

Apparently Crocodiles are demons in this area.

MonkeyMarkMario accepts the Crocodile Extermination job and looks for people to go kill crocodiles with. Oh and also a weapon.

MonkeyMarkMario slips into the local tavern and discovers three people that seem suitable.

An apprentice to an artisanal blacksmith, whose mentor was eaten by crocodiles. He offers you a sword, saying he prefers the mace.
And two other people who I will leave open for the sake of mystery.

When you leave the tavern, you see Roseheart.

A mysterious Crocodile Wizard leaves his home to find a tutor in the ways of Crocodile Wizardry.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:03 am »

MonkeyMarkMario slips into the local tavern and discovers three people that seem suitable.

An apprentice to an artisanal blacksmith, whose mentor was eaten by crocodiles. He offers you a sword, saying he prefers the mace.
And two other people who I will leave open for the sake of mystery.

When you leave the tavern, you see Roseheart.

A mysterious Crocodile Wizard leaves his home to find a tutor in the ways of Crocodile Wizardry.
The mysterious Crocodile Wizard finds a crocodile that is considered a sorcerer.

MonkeyMarkMario takes the sword and leaders his group out of town.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:42:01 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now