Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.5 (Year 0)  (Read 11406 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 0.5 (Year 0)
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2018, 03:07:03 pm »

---------------------PLAYERS DATA---------------------

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64)
Spoiler: Hope (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)
Spoiler: Eversor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Talin the Bug Folk (Imic)

Spoiler: Talin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talin's Bug Folks (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Spoiler: Azarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Harpies (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Spoiler: Rusty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Materivors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Latze Beasts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:03:41 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.1 (Year 0)
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2018, 03:49:25 pm »

with the reinforcenentts and allies I have, commense the assault. harpies will harry and distract while the boktor fire vollys in-betweenn. Once they have been weakened, the ogres and guards will move in to finish them off, providng they don't submit in the face of our assault.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:50:40 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »

[Three things I noticed - You forgot to add the Black Bonecrusher to their spoiler. Also, the Alpha is not in the Pale Beasts spoiler as well. Also, the pikes weren't added to the inventory.]

Eversor stops his army a fair distance away from the herd preferably approaching from a direction that is higher up than the herd's, and walks towards it accompanied by a small detachment along with some of the Bartoros that submitted, close enough to be heard yet not so close that he can't comfortably rejoin his army if hostilities escalate.

As Eversor stops, his eyes blaze with fire. While he may be a battle maniac, the honor of a knight remains at his core. Not only disloyalty, but outright treachery of the herd's leader fueled his anger. Luckily, he kept his calm as he bellowed.

"Zadan-Yoof, show yourself! Confess your treachery and help us put an end to these unnecessary hostilities. For the assassination of your fellow Leaders in an attempt to gain control and trying to hide from your punishment by shifting the blame onto the Kingdom of Zethe, I am itching to put you to death, but if you cooperate, I will let you be judged by your customs. If not, get over here and let a trial by combat be the judge... He swings his sword in a flourish, before stabbing it into the ground in a smooth motion. ... if you dare!"

Attempt to get Zadan to confess. If not, goad him into a duel. If he attacks, use a similar tactic to last time, but strengthen our defences with the stakes and our new pikes. If he doesn't take the initiative, we will have to attack ourselves - but not before sizing up the herd and the area we are in.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01:11 pm »

[Three things I noticed - You forgot to add the Black Bonecrusher to their spoiler. Also, the Alpha is not in the Pale Beasts spoiler as well. Also, the pikes weren't added to the inventory.]
[Good point, correcting this!]

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01:54 pm »

We Will head to the mountains, Both because I want to see what else of metal value lies so near to our capital, and because large stone monsters seem like something I would have a grand time dealing with...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2018, 04:05:59 pm »

Short Update:
Azarian received good news. It seems Rusty will join him in the Parabes Mountains subjugation.

[Azarian and Rusty may work together or not, depending on how you want to play it out]

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »

[I forgot to mention it before, but I do like that my original idea of Eversor's 'role' - "really effin scary to fight against" is actually fulfilled already. At least at the early game, that is. I have no doubt this small force won't be enough later on.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2018, 04:14:02 pm »

[I'm glad about that. I hope I will manage to make what happens next even better, especially future large scale battles and events.]

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2018, 05:20:34 pm »

(Woot, wouldn't be a hope turn without a 1 or 6! Chaotic luck, baby!! XD)

Hope reaches out to monsters who have a way with written word, the capacity to create images or words on surfaces with magic or skill, or who are just REALLY good at shouting, in the hopes of creating a group to share information at a mass level within Zethe. It would serve to have a media and light propaganda group for the kingdom, and should allow for stronger recruitment possibilities in future projects.

As a first action of this media group, they should spread the word of the remedy of the Green Spot by the Alchemy division and the exciting new project of the Metallurgy division. Sharing positive information should give citizens something to be excited about, and bolster the relevant groups for their achievements.

Hope also takes steps to listen to dissenter ideas. No promises will be given, but maybe useful ideas will arise from this. The groups themselves might be turned to act on their own ideas, should they be positive ones. If not it should at least foster conversation over dissent in the kingdom. If possible, look for media recruits among these groups while doing this, as they are already vocal (avoiding extremists that wouldnt be controllable).

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:32:59 pm by Jbehler64 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2018, 06:36:25 pm »

Azarian will likely launch the attack before Rusty arrives, but will accept any aid he has to offer when he does.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2018, 02:56:50 am »

Talin continues trying to stop the squabbling within the Capital, and does what he can to assist Hope in his endevours.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2018, 04:36:43 am »

Hope appreciates Talin's aid, and particularly points out that Talin's experience with the various production methods and infrastructures of the bug kingdom are a strength the current kindom needs.

(Your work with metallurgy groups has been really helpful! Hope will be limited in how much it can focus on the various production types, so in later turns picking a few production methods to support is always a good idea! If you want help with something feel free to let me know too!)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »

Next update tomorrow, I'm taking a little break :)

edit: Wrapping up some stuff with another game! Once that will be done, I will work on the turn.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:11:05 am by Nakéen »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2018, 03:31:51 am »

((I'll bite, even if I'm getting waitlisted...))

Name: Thalassia the Ascendant (self-proclaimed)
Species: Medusazoan. Thalassia belongs to a species of six feet long merpeople whose heads and upper bodies are humanoid in appearance and whose lower bodies sport whole jellyfishes instead of legs or fish tails.  Though frail-bodied and considered a delicacy for aquatic predators and some maritime societies, the Medusazoans make up for it with sheer intelligence and the ability to change their coloration to blend into their immediate environment. In addition to being able to crawl onto the shore and breath in both air and water, the Medusazoans can consciously control when the nemacytes of their myriad tentacles will fire, allowing them to decide whenever they will sting someone or not. Their venom is known to cause paralysis in the victim's respiratory system in large enough doses but only stiffness and pain otherwise.

Personality: Thalassia is a childish Medusazoan with delusions visions of grandeur who sees herself as, in her own words, 'a goddess in training'. She is confident in her abilities and the future realization of her ambitions, perhaps to the point of pride as some may say. The fact that Thalassia looks quite child-like for her age and is short, being a few inches shy of three feet, seemed to lead them to the conclusion that she is nothing but a spoiled brat who has no place among adults. However, anyone who assume that Thalassia is a bumbling fool as a result will be in for a nasty surprise as she is quite capable of using her head, manipulating factors and people alike within her control to make it easily to strike. When victorious, Thalassia wastes no time in mocking her defeated foes but will quickly throw fits when losing to those 'rotting cheaters'. A foreigner to the civilizations of land, Thalassia tends to get her terms mixed up, confusing aquatic terms and characteristics with those of terrestrial nature. Hating the relatively dry air of land and dry and hot places in general, Thalassia rolls around in a large glob of water she'd conjured herself to travel quickly as a Medusazoan's movements on land is literally reduced to a crawl. Of all the monsters in Zethe, Thalassia deeply respected the Harpie who'd carried her to Zethe and constantly speaks to her as if she was still around.

Attributes:
They start at 0, and can't go negative. You have 6 points to allocate, and the only restriction is that an Attribute can't go above 3.

Strength - 0
Power - 3
Intelligence - 2
Instinct - 1

Traits: Brought in a barrel of seawater to Mt. Tartarus by a monster who wanted to expose her to the tear, a member of an already intelligent species of merpeople became even better. Naming herself Thalassia the Ascendant, she became capable of analyzing magical energies in great detail, a skill that she theorized will allow her to learn much about a spell, including its origin, structure, interactions among its components, and functions. Since the sea magics of her barely-sapient kin were the first spells she was exposed to, Thalassia was able to enhance her own skills after learning a great deal about them through this new ability. Another effect of her exposure to the tear is her ability to manipulate the thinking processes of someone she would speak to. Sure it wasn't what one would call 'mind control' but this strange ability lets she coax the person into listening to her and seeing her side of things in a subtle way, provided that they're calm and not too resistant. It is through this subtle act of manipulation that Thalassia will seek to get her way. When the monster who'd brought her in died in an accident, Thalassia became determined to repay her by aiding the Kingdom of Zethe in her own way. After all, they will soon find themselves in need of her capabilities, which will serve the soon-to-be One True Goddess...

Wish: Among a myriad of wishes that aspiring people such as herself could ever wish for, Thalassia ultimately wished to become a real goddess who will be revered and served by all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:50:41 pm by Sir Elventide »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2018, 03:51:25 am »

((Turn tomorrow, I'm a bit more tired than I thought))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12