Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.5 (Year 0)  (Read 11274 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.1 (Year 0)
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2018, 12:24:32 pm »

Let's see. This should do.

Spoiler: The Snow Priestess (click to show/hide)

Not sure if this capital is something you do or I, but here it is.

Spoiler: edit/reply (click to show/hide)

A PM conversation would be useful before I'm added to see what would fit into his Game..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:44:43 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2018, 12:31:12 pm »

Capital is already set up.

You don't decide what bonuses your traits give you, Nakeen does.

Your character's stats are identical to the ones of the character I submitted.

Welcome to the waitlist. Enjoy your stay.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2018, 04:22:02 pm »

Sir Eleventide, that sounds a lot like a history. Neat :)

My trait sheet is more to show that Yuki-san is one with a strong will, who uses the world's currents to help her out. Also a priestess, so if we do end up together I might be able to help you.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:14 pm »

Turn 1.2 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar

~Half of the 2nd Month of the Year 0 (Mission Time)~

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Parabes Mountain Ridge:
Azarian launched an assault on the Kragoliuths.

xxxxxxx
Battle: 1st Assault of the Parabes Mountain Ridge
xxxxxxx

---Battlefield Characteristics---
Name: Parabes Mountain
Land Type: Mountains
Description: An uneven terrain with sharp altitude variation.
Points of Interest: A nearby chasm
Special: None

---Involved Armies---

Spoiler: Azarian's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mountain Ogres Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kragoliuths (click to show/hide)

xxxxxxx
-First Phase-
xxxxxxx

1. Boktor Volley and Harpies Harass
3. Melee Engagement

Spoiler: Melee Engagement (click to show/hide)

The Harpies and the Boktor Porcupines overwhelmed a lone Kragoliuth, severely damaging its natural armor. 2 Harpies were caught by the Kragoliuth, but managed to avoid death.

A brutal melee followed suit! The overwhelming numbers of the allied forces of Zethe managed to kill 1 Kragoliuth and incapacitate another.

The Kragoliuth resistance was fierce, and these immovable giants managed to take down 16 Ogres and 1 Forgotten Guard.

Azarian's Army: [1]
Ogres: [1]
Kragoliuths: [1]

(...)

A disaster! The battle damaged the mountain, causing a great landslide. More than half of the troops on both sides suffered immediate death, and none escaped unharmed...

Only the Floating Occuli and Harpies escaped physically unharmed. It couldn't be said the same of their morale.

Everyone's morale is now Disastrous

Spoiler: Phase Summary (click to show/hide)

xxxxxxx
-Battle Over-
xxxxxxx

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)

Latze Plains
Meeting Zadan-Yoof: Inspiring Warlord
[5] A small detachment of Bartoros left the herd, coming to meet you. All of them were elite, battle-hardened Bartoros. And walking in front of them was Zadan-Yoof, a towering Bartoros with silver horns.

He and Eversor locked gazes, and all monsters present could feel the powerful pressure the two leaders emitted. Then, the Silverhorn Bartoros answered to the Animated Armor's accusation.
"Fellow Bartoros, bear witness! This is the truth. I am the one who orchestrated the assassination of the leaders Musta-Ger, Farof and Gara-Tar. And I would kill again these traitors, who ploted to start a war among their own brothers. I am also guilty of accusing the new kingdom of Zethe of the vile act, in order to hide my felony and maintain order among the Bartoros."

The Bartoros accompanying him didn't stutter. Eversor understand that they knew. His speech was directed to you and the Bartoros accompanying you. Shocked, they shouted with rage "How could you?!" "Are you mad?!"
"You of the young Banda-Laaf herd, you know nothing. Warrior of Zethe, I do not regret my actions. What have been done, have been done, and I know my apologies won't erase the past. What will you do now, knowing the truth?"

Zadan-Yoof faced Eversor with unyielding determination.

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Parabes Mountain Ridge:
Rusty headed for the Parabes Mountain Ridge to assist Azarian. He and his troops arrived later than the initial reinforcements, and receiving updated informations about Azarian's situation from the local allies, he headed toward the battlefield...

He saw there devastation, as Nature herself had unleashed her rage on the warring parties.

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64) and Talin the Bug Folk (Imic)

Mt Tartarus
Internal Affairs (Propaganda/Information Division): Sociable Shade
[2] Hope tried to find monsters of letters among Zethe's population and officials. But unfortunately, Zethe's citizen weren't known for their... literacy. The rare monsters who knew how to write and read complex sentences were scarce, and all of them were government officials. They all had their hands full either decyphering the texts of the ruins, or teaching other monsters.

Finding monsters good at shouting was a much easier task. Hope managed to gather a small group for the future Media Division.

[Small Media Division]

Media Division: Small
[3] The newly formed Media Division was unable to create strong results, drowned in the flow of rumors and the equally loud civilians. They did help spread some positive rumors though.

Meeting the Dissenters: Sociable Shade
[2] The meeting with the vocal monsters was unconclusive. Many of their protests were weird and nonsensical, and some were too specifc for Hope to relate to. All this mess ended up giving Hope quite the headache.

[Instinct 2] Overall, Hope had the vague impression these monsters were frustrated. He couldn't really understand why though.

Meeting the Dissenters: Civilized Monster
[3] Talin helped Hope calming the dissenters. While he was nearly as lost as Hope, he managed to determine the source of the monsters frustration.

Boredom. With the protection of Zethe, their talents and powers couldn't be unleashed like the old times. While Zethe made use of these, it wasn't just enough to release their building-up energy.

Internal Affairs (Mediator):  Civilized Monster
[2] Talin kept working on improving relationships between the various Metallurgy Divisions. No real progress was made.

---------------------EVENTS---------------------

[4] The National Foundy has been completed! As a consequence, the Metallurgy Divisions have forgotten their past conflicts.

[Metal equipment can now be commissioned]

[6] The Zethean Legal System project greatly progressed, but critical problems and loopholes were then discovered, delaying the project.

---------------------LIST OF KNOWN REGIONS---------------------

Spoiler: Capital Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 0 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3+ Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:28:08 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:33 pm »

---------------------PLAYERS DATA---------------------

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64)
Spoiler: Hope (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)
Spoiler: Eversor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Talin the Bug Folk (Imic)

Spoiler: Talin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talin's Bug Folks (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Spoiler: Azarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Harpies (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Spoiler: Rusty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Materivors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Latze Beasts (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2018, 06:06:59 pm »

Let's see. This should do.

Spoiler: The Snow Priestess (click to show/hide)

Not sure if this capital is something you do or I, but here it is.

Spoiler: edit/reply (click to show/hide)

A PM conversation would be useful before I'm added to see what would fit into his Game..
Added to the waitlist! These characters are so nice, I hope I will soon be able to make them join.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.2 (Year 0)
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2018, 06:42:21 pm »

order my troops and the ogres to withdraw and tend to the wounded. I will personally press the attack with a mental assault. Half of them are dead, too, and their morale in shambles like us? Use that to my advantage, twist their minds into surrendering for fear of another assault before they recover. After all, what is to say the ogres didn't have more help besides the monsters they saw?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 06:46:55 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2018, 08:18:50 pm »

order my troops and the ogres to withdraw and tend to the wounded. I will personally press the attack with a mental assault. Half of them are dead, too, and their morale in shambles like us? Use that to my advantage, twist their minds into surrendering for fear of another assault before they recover. After all, what is to say the ogres didn't have more help besides the monsters they saw?
(Half of the Kragoliuth are dead, and the other are too wounded to fight)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »

Point is, I can force them to submit, or at the very worst case kill them, right?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:26 pm »

I March my troops in and capture the Kragoliuth's, the dead ones we'll take too for later... Dissection.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2018, 09:55:55 pm »

Point is, I can force them to submit, or at the very worst case kill them, right?
Of course! As the victor, you may do anything you want.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2018, 10:02:49 pm »

then in order of preference: submit to Zethe and join us, leave the mountains and never trouble the ogres again, or face almost-certain death.
For those that pick the first two options, have them meet up and be triaged with the rest of the victims of the landslide.

Edit: stop rusty from taking prisoners. If he Must get a body to dissect, he can scavenge the fallen. No need to be cruel to the survivors.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:49:58 am by Dustan Hache »

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2018, 01:00:39 am »

(Talin literally keeps saving the day XD)

Hope instructs the media organization to advertise for their own expansion (oral or literary), as well as report on any rumor heard while acting If they can find even one monster with some writing capacity that would be enough.

Hope searches among the Border Patrol and the newly exposed 3rd level Forgotten Guards for strong military trainers, recruiting them to implement training within the Border Patrol in their fields Areas of interest include: Melee combat elements, Ranged, Magic (unlikely), Literacy (unlikely), Basic Discipline, and Diplomacy (or at least how to communicate in a positive manner in various situations)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2018, 01:27:59 am »

We could make some form of fighting arena, where no-one would be allowed to kill another monster, instead they need to complete challenges, such as fighting in a maze, or having a mock siege or sea battle or whatnot. How would that sound, as a possibility?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2018, 01:59:39 am »

As Eversor listens to the Silverhorn, his eyeflames calm themselves slightly as he sighs. "I admire your honesty... and I admit that I misjudged you. I thought you a shortsighted fool blinded by ambition, but I see I was wrong." Eversor relaxes his grip on his sword, opting to simply rest his hands on the pommel instead. "As much as I don't approve on shifting the blame on our Kingdom, if I were in your place, I'd likely do the same... though I'd challenge them directly. Those who are a threat to unity have to be dealt with one way or another."

Eversor turns his head to the Bartoros behind him, the ones that joined him. "You call him mad without truly understanding his actions. If not for him, your people would soon slaughter themselves meaninglessly."

Having admonished them, he turns back to Zadan. "Zadan-Yoof. Considering the circumstances, your actions were well justified... and having experienced you for who you truly seem to be, I'm of the opinion that we should start over. I am Eversor, Zethean Lord and one of King Radeus' trusted servants. Perhaps we could cooperate? I believe that the Bartoros would flourish under your leadership and Zethe's banner."

Conversation ho! I bet you didn't expect Eversor to be capable of such!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12