Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.5 (Year 0)  (Read 11370 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.2 (Year 0)
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2018, 02:39:50 am »

As Eversor listens to the Silverhorn, his eyeflames calm themselves slightly as he sighs. "I admire your honesty... and I admit that I misjudged you. I thought you a shortsighted fool blinded by ambition, but I see I was wrong." Eversor relaxes his grip on his sword, opting to simply rest his hands on the pommel instead. "As much as I don't approve on shifting the blame on our Kingdom, if I were in your place, I'd likely do the same... though I'd challenge them directly. Those who are a threat to unity have to be dealt with one way or another."

Eversor turns his head to the Bartoros behind him, the ones that joined him. "You call him mad without truly understanding his actions. If not for him, your people would soon slaughter themselves meaninglessly."

Having admonished them, he turns back to Zadan. "Zadan-Yoof. Considering the circumstances, your actions were well justified... and having experienced you for who you truly seem to be, I'm of the opinion that we should start over. I am Eversor, Zethean Lord and one of King Radeus' trusted servants. Perhaps we could cooperate? I believe that the Bartoros would flourish under your leadership and Zethe's banner."

Conversation ho! I bet you didn't expect Eversor to be capable of such!
[Gasp]

The great Bartoros humbly bowed in respect.
"I am honored to have met such a magnanimous warrior. You inspire to me the same strength of heart as the Dragons of Rairanos. Ah, how I regret my scheme. Had I knew you of the kingdom called Zethe were different, I would have taken a different course of actions."

Then raising his head and speaking with force, Zadan-Yoof said to all present.
"Bartoros of the Zadan-Yoof herd, Bartoros of the Banda-Laaf herd! Hear me well, for I will challenge the Zethean Lord Eversor in a duel!"

Then returning to his usual voice, like a tranquil rock he said:
"I apologize for the sudden challenge, but this is the only way. According to the Bartoros tradition, a herd leader who lose a duel must join the herd of the winner and swear allegiance to them. Traditions must and will die, but for now, we must abide to them. The other Bartoros herds still cling to the traditions, and the only way for you to unite the Bartoros will be to defeat each herd leader in a single battle.

As such, allow me to test your strength, Eversor."

The Bartoros behind him started stomping on the ground like a drum.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2018, 04:03:31 am »

Announce the construction of a fighting arena for monsters to test their strength and power in duels or challenges. It shall be large, and made kf stone, with large areas for other monsters to watch. There will be no killing in the arena, and if an opponent is close to death, they will be taken out and given immediate healing. Criminals, however, will be treated somewhat more harshly.
The (seven day) week will be divided. The arena will be closed on the weekend. For the remaining five days, there will be five different events, one per day. On monday, therw will be a test of Mana, fights between magically-talented momsters. On tuesday, there will be tests of strength, where there shall be all out melee brawls. On wednesday, there will be a test of intelligence, where puzzles, or mazes, or the like, will be set up within the arwna, and the monsters must solve them, and stop the other side from solving them, or work their way through said maze, or whatever. On thursday, there will be random (or unspecified beforehand) events, such as races, or full battles, or the like. On friday, prisoners scheduled to be excecuted will be dealt with.

Begin the construction of the previosly stated arena. Ot should be made from stone, though it may be as roughly made as need be, as long as it is sturdy and large enough to hold these fights.
Give speeches and convince people that this will solve all problems, and try to sort out any remaining issues left over.
Silently pray that the arena doesn't cause Monsters to go into large fighting gangs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:05:23 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:34 am »

((Finally, the Coliseum will be made!))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2018, 04:15:46 am »

((Finally, the Coliseum will be made!))
((That isn't how you spell Colluseum.))
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2018, 08:05:13 am »

Eversor takes his sword and swings it to his side in a flourish. His eye-flames have ignited once again.

"I won't lie, I was looking forwards to this. Warriors of Zethe, bear witness, for I accept the challenge! Do not disappoint me, Zadan-Yoof!"

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2018, 10:50:27 am »

action edited to account for rusty.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2018, 10:33:34 pm »

All good on the Arena.
Prisoner execution as entertainment may be a bit much.
I can use the institution in many ways should it succeed, which is cool.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2018, 05:29:46 am »

Turn 1.3 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar

~Half of the 2nd Month of the Year 0 (Pseudo-Mission Time)~

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache) and Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Parabes Mountain Ridge:

Submit:
[-] In the aftermath of the disaster, Azarian confronted the still-alive Kragoliuths. He left them with three choices: submission, exile, or death.

While brutal monsters, the Kragoliuths were not foolish enough to resist. They accepted to submit.

Dissection: Intelligence 0
[4] For an unknown reason, Rusty was interested in dissecting the Kragoliuths. 'Dissection' for Rusty was basically butchering, and he took apart the body of a dead Kragoliuth.

Rusty saw that these monsters inside were made of rock. It was not tasty.

Rescue Operation:
[1] The rescue operation was a failure, and caused additional deaths. Furthermore, the disastrous morale spread to Rusty's army like a plague.

Rusty's Army morale is now Low
20% more casualties

Desertion:
Harpies: [3]
Floating Oculi: [5]
Boktor Porcupines: [1]
Forgotten Guards: [4]
Materivors: [5]
Latze Beasts [6]-1 (Uncivilized)

Afterward, it was noticed that the Boktor Porcupines had disappeared.

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64) and Talin the Bug Folk (Imic)

Mt Tartarus
Internal Affairs (Media Division): Sociable Shade
[5] Having heard of Hope's project of forming a Media Division, the kingdom freed some monsters of letters to help Hope. Hope would be given more resources later on. There was a condition though, Hope was to put his focus on developing the Media Division before focusing on other projects.

The value of Information was understood by the top brass, and there was already a small Information Division for the military. But there was none for the civil sector, and they wished for you to work on it.

[Accept? / Refuse?]

Internal Affairs (Border Patrol/Forgotten Guards): Sociable Shade
[3] Before giving an answer, Hope went to search for potential Military trainers among the Border Patrol and the new Forgotten Guards.

He managed to find a veteran lizard monster suitable for the job of trainer. He was strict and experienced, but lacked strength due to his increasing age.

As for the Forgotten Guard, they were all already employed in various positions of the army.

Project - the Arena:
[5] The announcement of the Arena's construction was met with roaring approval. The news spread, and the future Arena became the hot talk of the Capital. As such, many monsters voluntered to help with the project.

The Kingdom is suggesting that Talin takes care of the Project, at least for the remainder of the month. It is expected that the Arena would take at least two months to build.

[Accept? / Refuse?]
[Project - The Arena]
Volunteer Workforce

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)

Latze Plains

*bdraa* *bdraa* *bdraa*

The heavy stomps of the Bartoros were met by vigorous clanks and clatters from Eversor's army. With this battle orchestra for them, the two leader fought their duel.

Eversor against Zadan-Yoof:
Eversor: Strength 3 [6]
Zadan-Yoof: Strength 3 [3]

The Silverhorn Bartoros charged at the Zethean Lord. Eversor, who intended to face the attack head-on, answered with a two-handed slash at Zadan-Yoof.

Horns met blade in a formidable clash, and the roused spectators beat their instruments even more.

*bdraa**bdraa**bdraa**bdraa*

The two fighters seemed of equal strength, and none bulged from the impact. Until Eversor pushed on his blade with all his weight and might, taking one step forward.

Horn and blade unlocked, and met again. Then a second time, and a third. Each impact made the ground around the two leaders shake.

"Victory is mine." said Eversor.

Horn and blade clashed one last time, but horn broke this time, stunning Zadan for a second. And before that second ended, Eversor chained a second slash, cutting Zadan down.

A great stream of blood dyed the grass. The drums stopped.

Eversor, exhilarated by the battle, thanked his opponent. He knew he wouldn't die from that wound, he didn't have the eyes of a dead monster.

"I lost." said Zadan.

The Bartoros then all bowed, and Eversor's army shouted "Eversor! Eversor!" to celebrate the victory of their commander...

The Zadan-Yoof Herd has joined Zethe

---------------------EVENTS---------------------

None this turn

---------------------LIST OF KNOWN REGIONS---------------------

Spoiler: Capital Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 0 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3+ Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:19:19 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2018, 05:30:27 am »

---------------------PLAYERS DATA---------------------

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64)
Spoiler: Hope (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)
Spoiler: Eversor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Talin the Bug Folk (Imic)

Spoiler: Talin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talin's Bug Folks (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Spoiler: Azarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Harpies (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Spoiler: Rusty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Materivors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Latze Beasts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:25:54 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2018, 06:27:35 am »

Order the forgotten guards to return with news of the battle for Radius to examine and react to. Meet with the dalith crusters, who should be willing to join us now. Confirm that they will join, then go to the stonewings and attempt to arrange a non-agression pact, which would allow them to keep their desired freedom and allow for some leeway to aid them if they ever needed it.
Edit: kragoliuths are still listed as hostile, not subjugated or friendly.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »

Hope accepts, but makes the point that the media division will be used to grow other projects as well. It by nature cannot exist in a vacuum (Is this for a conclusion stage or something?)

Hope has the literate monsters teach the illiterate ones for half the day, the other half will be dedicated to promoting the Media's new literacy program as a pull for monsters to join, as well as promoting the new arena. The pop loves the arena, covering it promotes the media as an info source even beyind the arena itself.

Hope takes part in the literacy program as time allows. It cant read either. XD (It did write a letter a while back for legal rights, but lets just say it had someone else do the writing. It has no real reason to have ever learned)

The lizard monster is sent in to set up training for the guards, in Hope's absense, and is given clearance to commission neccesary items from the foundary This is in coordination with current leaders of the guard. They may also make commissions as feasible. (It says no training going on for the guards, want to make sure that is at least up. The foundary should at least have one character using it...)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:53:43 pm by Jbehler64 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2018, 04:43:36 pm »

I Spend some time Researching the local Rocks and minerals, As well we will spend some time digging up some of the tastier ores if we have some spare time.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2018, 08:39:52 am »

"Well fought. Let's cut to the chase, however. Tell me where the most influential herd leaders could be. Once I cause them to submit, the rest should follow without too much of a struggle."

Conversation ho!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2018, 10:02:22 pm »

Edit: kragoliuths are still listed as hostile, not subjugated or friendly.
Oh ah, there are still some remaining Kragoliuth groups in the Mountains. Expect at most two more battles if diplomacy doesn't work.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2018, 04:53:32 pm »

Accept.
Work on the Arena, and silence any fears presented with words and compromises if need be. When done, maybe have a nap in a hole under a tree.

Mot much else to say. Apolagies for not posting sooner.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12