Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Fledgeling's Tale [SG]  (Read 9779 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Fledgeling's Tale [SG]
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2018, 12:00:24 pm »

A pale white wooden Mask with green glowing symbols and swirling patterns upon it. For some reason unknown to you the Mask reminds you of the feeling of nature in the Master's garden. A odd aura seems to flow from the Mask towards you as if it was... beckoning you towards it?
+1
+1

+1, we druid-snek now.
+1
+1 this works.

+1 I like it.
Also, posting to watch and post later

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:14 am »

You open the coffer in the corner of the room, as your master instructed. "You will find something... a mask," he said, moments prior. "It will help the gardens of the world to... recognize you as a friend..." And you can see how that might be the case, maybe. The wooden mask is shaped much like your master's metal face, though with the lights in vine-like symbols on the sides, instead of in the eyes. Being shaped like the face of your master, though, it won't fit over your protruding face, so instead you opt to wear it over the top of your head. Hopefully the gardens of the world will still recognize you that way.

As you don the mask, a point of green light appears on the wall near you. It traces out a rectangle, and the rock suddenly pulls back there, sliding away to reveal a staircase spiraling up through the stone. With one last look at your master, lying peacefully behind you, and that heavy feeling returning to your stomach, you climb up into the unknown...

Sunlight greets you as you emerge. This you had expected. You did not expect this new thing however, pressing at you, tugging, pulling. You cannot see it, yet it runs over you, almost seeming to bite through your sleeves. You find yourself atop a flat space of rock: next to you, a wide hole. Looking down, you see below the entire world as you had known it. To think, there was more than the sky up here the whole time? Your master had hinted about such things, you remember, but you had found them hard to imagine. There are yet more rock walls around, up here, but they are not enclosing, more like large teeth ringing around this place. Further unknown beckons in all directions: you decide to go...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:08:27 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2018, 01:33:34 am »

45 degrees clockwise from the sun.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2018, 01:34:30 am »

Up! It has worked so far...

P.S.
shaped like the face of your faster
Vroom vroom! Autocorrect takes the lead!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2018, 04:30:55 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:22 pm »

You decide to go up even higher, and so look to the rock "teeth" around you. They are not as smooth as the walls of the garden, and so you set about climbing one. What you see when you reach the top... you could not have been prepared for. This crater, containing the garden.... your whole life... is but a small divot upon something much, much larger. It must be... what had your master called it? A mountain. Surrounded by other mountains, rolling off into the impossible distance, as far as you can see. It's overwhelming. You feel...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2018, 01:47:02 pm »

...that all of this will someday be yours.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2018, 01:52:34 pm »

... that out there must be another gurden with another master in it.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2018, 01:53:59 pm »

A burning urge to Know! To explore the ever growing world around you. To learn all it has to offer your expanding mind. To understand it all.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2018, 03:45:36 pm »

... sick. The ground is spinning. Birds were never meant to be this high!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2018, 04:39:53 pm »

A burning urge to Know! To explore the ever growing world around you. To learn all it has to offer your expanding mind. To understand it all.
+1 We be Smart Druid Snek

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »

Hungry.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47:23 pm »

You feel... many things. The size of it all... and look how high up you are! You'd never looked this far down before and suddenly you feel sick. And yet, it's so big! So much to see! It's almost enough to unfreeze your arms and legs which suddenly cling tight to the top of the rock. At least, until you hear your stomach.

Hmm... this is all so fast. The garden has food, and it hasn't withered yet, right?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 08:02:26 pm »

Maybe use the new mask to see what it does. It may affect the garden, despite that fate decrees “we” will leave it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10