Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: After accepting a Visitor/Guest into the fortress...  (Read 1405 times)

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
After accepting a Visitor/Guest into the fortress...
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:03:04 pm »

If they are a "Monster Slayer" (professional Soldier) does that mean you cant have them do anything?
I cant add them to a military unit, i understood you couldnt assign them a job but do they just stand around and "Socialize" in my tavern until there is a threat?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: After accepting a Visitor/Guest into the fortress...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:16:28 pm »

Are you sure they can’t be added to a squad? (Non-citizens ant lead squads if that’s what you tried, only join existing ones). When they applied, what was their reason for residency? And if all else fails, they might be a spy posing as a hunter and have no interest in actually being useful
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:07 pm »

Are you sure they can’t be added to a squad? (Non-citizens ant lead squads if that’s what you tried, only join existing ones). When they applied, what was their reason for residency? And if all else fails, they might be a spy posing as a hunter and have no interest in actually being useful
to extinguish beasts...different than a warrior or mercenary. So im guessing i can add the other professions just not the Monster slayer?
they started arriving once i discovered a cavern.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:35:16 pm »

Oh right. Yeah they’re hanging around because they think your fort will attract nasties for them to kill, they have no interest in joining squads. If the caverns are accessible to them they may wander in and beat up the rarer wildlife
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

evilmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 05:24:43 am »

Yeah they just wander caverns. I had 11 of them at one point, basically free cavern guards. They succesfully killed off 8 forgotten beasts for me. However, now there is only 3 left so i do have to have guards down there :(

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 12:57:10 am »

Yeah they just wander caverns. I had 11 of them at one point, basically free cavern guards. They succesfully killed off 8 forgotten beasts for me. However, now there is only 3 left so i do have to have guards down there :(
Good to know that they fight baddies that lurk in the caverns.