Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teneb's Mod Collection v3  (Read 3339 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Teneb's Mod Collection v3
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

While in the past I've mainly created total conversion mods, this time I decided to go for something different: a pack of content that is compatible with nearly every single other mod out there.

So what's in this pack anyway?

Creatures, minerals, entities and secrets from both Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer Fantasy, with more to come. Look at the latest changelog for the specifics. Or click here for quick descriptions of the content (currently incomplete).

Compatibility, you say?

Yes, I've taken care to ensure nothing added in this pack will conflict with any other mod unless that mod removes vanilla DF things like body parts or material templates.

How to install this

First, download the pack from the link below, then extract the file (you may need a program like WinRAR or 7zip if you don't have either already). Once that is done, open the "Teneb's Miscmods" folder and copy the contents over to your main DF folder, and you're done. IMPORTANT: You will need to generate a new world to see any of the content, this will not affect pre-existing saves.

Download Link
DFFD

Packaging any of this content with other mods
I hereby give my full permission for any of the content included in this pack to be used and/or packaged into any other mod as long as I am credited for it and a link to this thread is provided.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:58:54 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's Miscmods - Eye of the Gods
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 04:56:45 pm »

I've finally went and released an update! This version features remade versions of many Chaos creatures from my now-defunct Warhammer total conversion, as well as minerals (one from D&D that got made before I decided to focus on Warhammer for this update) and four babysnatching entities.

I'd also like to thank the 24 people who download the first version of the mod.

I'll try to work on descriptions of all additions and what they bring to your game soon.

EDIT: Quickly uploaded a tweak that I forgot to make, fortunately no one seems to have downloaded before I managed this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:07:20 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's Miscmods - Eye of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 03:39:37 pm »

Due to computer problems, I lost a bunch of progress in this. Since there were a fair ammount of downloads, however, I'll press on.

I'll be converting and refining a bunch of my old stuff for the mod, plus new additions. Plan is to eventually add optional downloads letting you only use things from a specific universe, such as a Warhammer-only pack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's Miscmods v3
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:46 am »

No one comments, but people keep downloading and so I keep making these.

It's been a while and I've run into computer trouble, so it's not as extensive as I wanted it to be, especially when it comes to D&D content, but v3 is out.

I've also changed magic around inspired by how the Dwarf Souls mod handles it's own magic system, because it's a way better method than my previous one.

Spoiler: The Changelog (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I reuploaded the file because of a screw-up with angel pop ratios.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:08:39 am by Teneb »