Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Razing goblin site  (Read 1540 times)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Razing goblin site
« on: May 13, 2018, 04:08:55 pm »

I've sent a couple of squads to raze a goblin site and they are no coming back. It's in-game month passed since I sent them. Is it a bug or they are dead or it's normal to for such missions to take so much time?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Razing goblin site
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »

I've sent a couple of squads to raze a goblin site and they are no coming back. It's in-game month passed since I sent them. Is it a bug or they are dead or it's normal to for such missions to take so much time?
What does the military screen say? If they're gone, there dead or captured.
How far away it's the site?
What version are you playing? Lots of missing squad bugs have been fixed. Regular raids (razing and such) should mostly be OK now.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:09 am »

On military screen they are all Traveling. The site is "More then a day's travel". I've sent squads there begore and they returned much faster. But it wasn't razing.
The version is 0.44.09

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:29 am »

I remember reading that razing results in longer, drawn-out battles, but I am not sure HOW long that is ment to be.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 01:23:52 pm »

I retired the fortress and unretired it back. And they have return with victory. But i'm not sure whether they returned naturally (mean a should have been to just waited 2 more weeks without retiring) or it's world gen made that happen.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:44:36 pm »

I've done razing and pillaging of the same sites, with no difference in return time. Either way, the report presents all combat as happening in a single day.