Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: People melting randomly.  (Read 1023 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
People melting randomly.
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:16:02 pm »

Has anyone had a problem with fort mode citizens melting randomly? Or citizens just catching on fire randomly. How do I turn of the temprature?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: People melting randomly.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:45:44 pm »

How do I turn of the temprature?
Just change temperature:on to temperature:off in the options (d_init). I imagine it's also a standard option in most of the starter packs too.

Not seen this myself, but this isn't the first 'my citizens are melting' thread. Make a bug report if you're sure it's a vanilla DF issue.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 02:32:21 am »

And I believe other threads have mentioned trying to turn temperature back on to deal with the issue (and failing)...

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:20:46 pm »

don't turn off temperatures. you need to retire fort/adv mode then come back and its fixed, with temperatures off some tiles will be perma hot and retiring wont fix it im sure.

this happened to me too in adventure mode where my upper body kept melting. i dont know whats up with this and i really hope it doesn't come back in my current save