Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Work order: quarry bush leaf condition  (Read 742 times)

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Work order: quarry bush leaf condition
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting up a work order which checks for existing quarry bush leaves, so it won't process quarry bushes to bags ad absurdum and tie bags needlessly.

When setting up the condition, it shows wrong status for quarry bush leaf items and when I add item type as leaves, the yellow text with item name disappears entirely. Check the gif below. I have 11 quarry bush leaves in 5 stacks, so checking for at most 4 should show "Not satisfied for next check" no matter whether stacks or individual leaves are checked. Yet the order shows "Satisfied for next check" all the time.

I'm using unmodded DF 44.10. Any ideas how to deal with this?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Work order: quarry bush leaf condition
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:43:41 pm »

Check to see if any is forbidden if you haven't already, as those don't count towards work orders. I don't remember if it applies, but check for burrow restrictions if you are setting it from a workshop in particular.

Alternatively, decrease one by one until results change, then use that as a offset for the number value.

Move them to a dedicated stockpile, since being busy by existing in a bin being hauled or used in a task removes them from the list of available items like being forbidden.
In a time before time, I had a name.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:14:46 am »

It is very possible that you can't do it.  I don't have any quarry bushes in my fortress right now so I can't check, but I noticed that there is a "plant item" under traits as well as under "item".  Also, quarry bush leaves are special in that they are in a bag, so that might have some relevance (but I couldn't get it to produce anything that seemed meaningful).  If you figure it out, then please post.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:59 pm »

I figured it out! 8)

There were two issues:
  • As per http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162880.0, I needed to add a "cookable" trait. I've actually tried it yesterday as well and it hadn't worked, which brings me to next issue:
  • The quarry bushes were all loaded in a minecart, waiting for transport to kitchen. Once they were in a stockpile (and without any TSK markers), the conditions started behaving properly after I added the cookable trait.
Well, as properly as work order conditions go. The yellow text still disappeared, but by changing the amount I figured out the condition saw all 11 quarry bush leaves correctly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:29:28 pm by Kametec_Housen »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 01:18:14 am »

Given my participation in that thread, you can get an indication of my ability to remember things ;-)