Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was the Party feature removed?  (Read 717 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
Was the Party feature removed?
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:53 pm »

Hey there,
I was kinda wondering because I dont remember in which version I actually had a fortress that could throw a party, recently I had no parties at all as well as the occasional problem of when I retire a fort to take and adventure and resume control again all my "guests" are labeled as "hostile".
they dont do much but after a few times you ignore that and you come back to your fort you will notice a mob of 100+ units outside your fort on top of your 200 dwarfs.
I dont know the absent of parties at my fort is the more troubling thing for me, any insight?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Was the Party feature removed?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 06:47:36 pm »

Yeah, it's been removed for quite a while now. Replaced with the more complex social events you see occurring in taverns, libraries and temples nowadays I think.

Not sure about where the hostility bug is coming from though. Check to see if it's on the tracker.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:50:54 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 06:57:23 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9176&nbn=20#bugnotes

A couple of attempts have been made to fix up all the weird extra merchants, "hostile" visitors, etc unretire bugs. Nothing's really stuck so far.

Probably have to wait for save breaking re-write of the whole unretire and merchant code (Starting Scenarios, then Econony probably). Unless a dedicated attempt at improving the unretire experience is made during Mythgen, but seems like it might be a bit out of scope. You never know though.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:23:47 am »

Aww well ok thx, I was really hoping I could have that sound of parties on soundsense play every now and than but ya that only leaves the merchants outside the fort, maybe the cold blizzard, hunger or an evil cloud will take them away, had a baron once die like that, I learned the hard way fighting humans is not fun!
p.s wanted more longswords anyway but had a pile of corpses to deal with.

p.p.s: I think I will do an experiment where I retire a fortress without a Caravan stop and no designated areas, maybe that will kinda go around that little problem if it does or doesnt I will post it I think at another post, I mean the whole problem is not the vast amount of units but the fact that if some merchants are killed it will start war with other factions and you might unretire to a sige of humans or elfs without knowing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:36:57 am by Lioneez »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:57 am »

My favourite trick for non-hostile hostile "guests".  Put a cage trap next to them.  Wait until the wander around.  They will get caught in the cage trap.  Pasture them wherever you want.  They make great sentries.  I use them as bait.