Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 48041 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG]
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 06:05:28 am »

tell him a story bout how our life got flip turned upside down
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 09:00:13 am »

Do both of the previous actions; by ignoring his protests and telling the story to ourselves. No matter how much he protests, just keep talking!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 11:53:41 am »

Do both of the previous actions; by ignoring his protests and telling the story to ourselves. No matter how much he protests, just keep talking!

Welp. This is gonna be an uncomfortable drive, at this rate. You feel the urge to fill the air with words. "So... how's your day been?"

"I just need to be somewhere by the end of it. Please hurry."

"Right, I hear ya. I've been having a long day myself. First day on this job. Thought it looked interesting, making my own hours and working at my own pace, but it's been a bit tricky so far..."

You continue on about your recent life, talking more to yourself than the tapping Roger in the back. But as you ramble, you notice his foot tapping gets slower, and then stops. Sounds like he might actually be chilling out a bit. Encouraged, you keep going, right through two green lights. Nice. "...And my other job's not really working out, so getting as much work as I need sounded pretty good. Plus, aside from living I gotta keep this old car from dying on me, or I'm pretty much screwed-"

"Oh, great..."

Your first thought is surprise, as you'd been going for a good 3 minutes and he hadn't interrupted you yet. Your second thought, though, is also surprise, that Roger there noticed before you, who's supposed to have eyes on the road. Damn. The arms swinging down over the railroad crossing. You come to a stop, a small line of other cars doing the same behind you. The train comes into view, and you can see it's got a good chain of freight behind it. The man seems to notice, too, as you hear feet and fingers start a-tapping. "Hey man, don't worry. We'll still get there on time. You wouldn't believe how much delay taking the freeway past this part of town saves. Trust me, a lesson hard learned at one of my last jobs. Never late to work again, I was, until I got let go for all those other times..."

It doesn't seem to help much this time, as your passenger keeps tapping the whole time the train rolls by, but you keep talking, and once the crossing clears and you start again towards the on-ramp, he seems to calm down again. The sun starts to set as you pull up onto the freeway. "See? Clear traffic. No worries."

"Okay. Okay. Okay..." He trails off. You listen for a bit, hearing him intermittently muttering "okay." Guy's really worked up. Time for more soothing stories.

The sky rapidly darkens, the lights on your radio and dashboard soon the only thing visible inside the car. You tell Roger about all the problems with your car you'd like to fix, like the lining in the trunk, the hinges on the glovebox, the noise in the clutch. "It's pretty impressive it's survived this long, really." You feel pretty good about this story, as Roger doesn't even seem to notice when you hit a bit of traffic just before the offramp.

However, as you pull off the freeway, you hear heavy breathing behind you. "No no no no no GOD DAMNIT!"

"Hey man," you start, "relax, we're almost-" And then you see the pair of yellow eyes glowing in your rear view mirror.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 01:25:10 pm »

"Oh cool, I get it. It's like a werewolf thing or something. That's cool; just chill there for a bit while I get some air, k?"

Say above in soothing voice. Stop car. Undo seatbelt. Exit car.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 01:25:40 pm »

"Oh cool, I get it. It's like a werewolf thing or something. That's cool; just chill there for a bit while I get some air, k?"

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 01:52:57 pm »

+1

Many things flash through your mind. Your first thought it to get out of the car, but you realize that as soon as you stop here, one of the cars behind will plow right into you. Shit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 01:53:47 pm »

Pull over, dummy. Put on the E-lights.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »

More screaming from the backseat. Okay. Okay. Just get off the ramp, find the first place to pull over. You blow through the junction, narrowly missing a passing van, and charge straight onto the road out of town.

Thump! Thump! "JESUS FUCK!"

Just wait till it widens a bit, miss the trees... there! The shoulder!. You practically swerve off the road, kicking up a bunch of gravel as you screech the car to a halt. You start stammering an excuse, fumbling for your seatbelt, and throw the door open. "I'ma- I'ma... you just chill there, k?"

"NOOOOOO! PLEASE NOOO!" Holy crap the shriek he makes. Damnit, the e-lights are still in the trunk, aren't they. What the actual hell...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 02:37:58 pm »

Try to get the man to calm down and explain what's going on?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:45 pm »

Uh, bash the head in of whatever's eating him, I guess.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »

If the car has electronic locks, lock that bad boy with your key fob. Regardless, film it on your phone for the insurance claim. If he gets out, run back towards the freeway, NOT into the woods.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »

DRIVE STRAIGHT FORWARD INTO SOMETHING
IT WILL BE FINE
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »

Don't panic. Your English Degree prepared you for this. Maybe. Damn, you really wish you would have picked a better program...

Maybe you could check your phone and find a fair that's not crazy? Or alternatively, start doing all of the above things but succeed at none in a panicked state!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »

At times like this, you wish you were driving a modern car, with modern features. Like electronic locks you could pop closed with a button. Alright. Calm down, don't panic. Be reasonable about this. Maybe this Roger here is having a medical emergency of some kind. You switch your phone to flashlight mode and look in the back-right door. "Hey! Hey! Uh... Mr. Williams. Don't freak out, okay? Can you tell me what's going on?"

With what looks like great effort, he stops thrashing around against the seatbelt and looks up at you. Um.. yup. Those are yellow eyes. His hands, clenched against the seat, have blood leaking out from under the fingernails. "I was... a safe place... n-need to get to..." One of his thumbnails falls off.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »

Sigh and say with an annoyed look
"You are one of those lizardmen right?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52