Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 47364 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3
« Reply #465 on: July 20, 2018, 07:49:02 pm »

"A driver, maybe? I drive my car for a transport service. It gets you around some, but not as much as your travels. Speaking of, what were the Hills of Persuasion like? What inspired you to start traveling?"

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 20, 2018, 07:55:35 pm »

I assume we started driving, if not we start the car.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2018, 01:13:03 am »

"A driver, maybe? I drive my car for a transport service. It gets you around some, but not as much as your travels. Speaking of, what were the Hills of Persuasion like? What inspired you to start traveling?"

You drive through a big puddle at an intersection, throwing a big sheaf of water up onto the sidewalk; fortunately, no one's there. "Driver..." says Amat. "But not one who drives woolbeasts? Or cattle? Is it because you drive the vehicle onward?" You hear his foot tapping. "It does not sound quite right..."

"Er, okay... but about my question?"

"Ah, yes. It is a warm and wild place. My people raised horses and goats and followed our beasts around. I grew curious and restless to roam further, and so came across a village of settled people. There I became a hearthperson, trusted with slaying wayward wild beasts, and so acquired my taste for daring..."

The hotel you're being pointed to is up on a hilly rise, higher than most of the rest of town. The road starts to work its way up a nice wooded stretch, free of puddles due to the slope. "Daring?"

"Aye, it was quite modest at first. I killed a hyena who had eaten children from the village. Their chieftain asked me to stay on and gave me a seat in their hall. And so I remained, slaying more and more encroaching beasts, until my curiosity drove me to seek out greater-" There's a loud thunk! and the car lurches to the side. "What!?"

You stop the engine. "Shit... I think we've got a bum tire."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:13 am »

Welp. Do we have a spare?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2018, 10:10:21 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:25 am »

"A what?" asks Amat.

"Um... part of one of the wheels needs replacing." You unbuckle your seatbelt. "Can you get out of the car for a sec? We need to reduce the weight."

He steps out as you do, following you around to the back and peering over your shoulder with his hands on his hips as you pop the trunk. "That looks like a wheel," he says, looking at your spare. "What are you still digging for?"

"We need one more thing," you say, fishing out the jack.

"What for?"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2018, 10:44:46 am »

"Something to lift the car easier"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2018, 10:48:15 am »

Say this while we start jacking up the car.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2018, 10:55:30 am »

Say this while we start jacking up the car.

"You need to lift the car?" he asks, looking over your shoulder again as you lean around the car to check which wheel. Yep, the right rear.

"Yeah... can't really get the tire off otherwise."

"Allow me," he says.

"Er, okay. Thank you," you say, and hand him the jack. "You'll need to slip it under near the-"

Amat sets the jack on the ground, and goes over to the back. Taking a wide stance, he crouches down and puts his hands under the rear bumper. Then he stands up. The back of the car now hangs about 3 feet off the ground. "Is this enough?"

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2018, 11:44:21 am »

"...oh. Er, yes, that's plenty of room. Thank you."
Remove the bolts, take off the burst tire, and replace it.

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2018, 12:39:40 pm »

+1 hope are car will handle this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2018, 12:46:41 pm »

The car should be okay, if this hurt the car we probably wouldn't be able to drive it anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 21, 2018, 01:29:30 pm »

You step around Amat to get the lug wrench out of the trunk, then back around to get to work. It takes a couple minutes to get the lugs off, setting them in the hubcap, and you stick the spare on after a little futzing with lining up the bolts. Wow, this goes a lot faster without having to fix the other wheels in place and operate the jack. Once you've got the lugs and hubcap back in place, you motion to Amat to put the car down.

He does so gently, and then flexes his hands a couple times. "Lighter than I would have expected," he says, climbing back into the back and taking up his leisurely pose. "Let us continue forth!"

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2018, 01:37:13 pm »

"That was light? This car weights about two tons, do you come from some other world with higher gravity or something?"
Get in the Continental and keep driving to the hotel.
"Well, wherever The Hills of Persuasion are exactly, they're probably not like much over here. Speaking of, you slay beasts? There aren't exactly many beasts here, considering most of the real big ones died out a long time ago.

Avanti!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 21, 2018, 02:26:07 pm »

"That was light? This car weights about two tons, do you come from some other world with higher gravity or something?"
Get in the Continental and keep driving to the hotel.
"Well, wherever The Hills of Persuasion are exactly, they're probably not like much over here. Speaking of, you slay beasts? There aren't exactly many beasts here, considering most of the real big ones died out a long time ago.

You say as you get back in yourself, "That was light? This car weights about two tons, do you come from some other world with higher gravity or something?"

Amat strokes his flared sideburns. "I have heard it said that I am of divine parentage and possessed of unnatural gifts. But I attribute it rather to my dedication to increasing my own prowess."

Welp. You gear out of park and get back on the road. "Well, wherever The Hills of Persuasion are exactly, they're probably not like much over here. Speaking of, you slay beasts? There aren't exactly many beasts here, considering most of the real big ones died out a long time ago."

"They are my most common quarry, yes. Lions, hyenas, wolves, skruum, bears. Such things. Larger creatures, too, at times. It is I who felled the great bird of prey in the northern desert, and seven giants in the ochre plains. Many other such tales, have I. Once, even, a dragon I fought, though that contest goes undecided. I slay outlaws as well, but usually only when they quarrel with me first."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52