Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 48009 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2018, 03:07:31 pm »

"You sound like a mighty warrior indeed."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »

I'm four!

"You sound like a mighty warrior indeed."

Amat laughs a deep, booming laugh. "Yes, this is a fair thing to say. I have faced things stranger still in other lands than my own. But never have I seen a settlement spread so wide as this. Not even the grandest cities, guarded by walls."

You think about that. This is more of a town, really, not even part of a big metropolitan sprawl. Not teeny, but you'd place it on the other end of the scale from the "grandest cities" you know of.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2018, 05:35:09 pm »

"Well, I'm just going to assume you travel between worlds, so just as a primer, we have a lot of large cities. Mostly because due to a few technologies, city walls are obsolete. It's also kind of helpful that we happen to live in a very stable society."

Avanti!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2018, 06:38:22 pm »

"For that matter, this is a rather small city. Here, let me show you something..." Pull up an image of New York City or such and show it to him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2018, 11:20:38 pm »

"Well, I'm just gonna assume you travel between worlds, so just as a primer, we have a lot of large cities, and this isn't even one of them." You wonder what he'd say if you pulled up a picture, though sadly you're driving at the moment and need to keep your eyes on the road. "Also, city walls aren't really a thing anymore, since we live in a very stable society. And they wouldn't be much use anyway, with the way wars are fought these days."

"How interesting..." Amat says, somehow leaning back even further into the seat. "Perhaps I shall see one of these cities, if I remain in these lands long enough. First, however, I wish to discover if fate had anything in store for bringing me here."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 21, 2018, 11:36:02 pm »

"How did you get to this world in the first place?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 22, 2018, 11:11:47 am »

"Also do you have a way to get back to where you came from?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2018, 11:49:44 pm »

"Also do you have a way to get back to where you came from?"

"So, how did you get here?"

"I walked through a flash of light in the ghast-infested remains of an old library, and found myself behind that bookselling establishment. Being no stranger to such things, I took stock of my surroundings and consulted the Nimar-atöl for guidance."

"Huh... do you have a way back?"

"Not as yet. But fear not for me, o driver. More often than not I must find a different way out than I came in." The hotel comes into view now as you emerge from the trees. "By Kepfu, what an inn!"

It's a five-story beige building, smoothly-surfaced on the outside. Two wings, and parking all around, overlooking much of the town from up on this ridge. You pull up along the curb marked "pick-ups and drop-offs only" by the lobby and idle there. Amat removes something from his belt and drops a small pouch onto the front passengers' seat, where it lands with a clinking noise. "You have my thanks, young driver... driver... that still sounds wrong. Perhaps pilot? Or steersman. In any case, farewell, for now."

With a single motion, he opens the right-rear door, rolls gently out of the car, and picks up his sword, looping the scabbard's strap over his torso. He strides towards the lobby doors.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:42 pm »

"...probably should've mentioned weapons policy or something."
Check the rides available, and see what Amat gave us.

Avanti!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2018, 12:44:41 am »

Call out "I like steersman, I'm going to go with that from now on!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2018, 01:03:52 am »

Call out "I like steersman, I'm going to go with that from now on!"

As he departs, you crack the window and call out, "I like steersman, gonna go with that from now on!" In response, he turns a circle as he walks to show you a grin.

You swing away from the lobby curb and hover at the edge of the parking lot before you pick up the pouch that amat left. Feels kinda like suede, and ever-so-slightly oily. A bit heavy, too, and when you open it you find three coins. They're about the size of a dollar coin, slightly thicker, and made of something bright and shiny grey. They're just a little bit worn around the edges, with short inscriptions in symbols you don't recognize circling around the center design: on one side, a group of curiously stylized figures standing together; on the other, a tree.

Checking your phone, you see the following rides you could do:

* Anita North, going from a condo to a park

* Stacey Atterson, calling for 3 seats. Going from a house to the middle school.

* Nate Mayes, going from an apartment to a strip mall.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2018, 01:08:28 am »

Stacey Atterson, and tell her "I'm Elia Opal and I'm going to be your steersman today."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2018, 03:51:40 am »

Stacey Atterson, and tell her "I'm Elia Opal and I'm going to be your steersman today."
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2018, 08:42:38 pm »

Avanti!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52