Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 47920 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG]
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2018, 01:55:37 pm »

You pick up some extra eggs, flour, herbs, and a few other things, since you'd like to experiment with quiches. As you're heading for checkout, you notice a box of microwave shepherd's pie in the freezer section which intrigues your curiosity, but perhaps next week. Awesome, an open lane with no line.

"$50," says the clerk. There's something satisfying about all your purchases coming to such an exact amount. As he languidly places your groceries into paper bags, you notice the clerk isn't wearing a nametag. Hmm, hope that guy doesn't get in trouble for that. You thank him when he's done and scoop up your bags, passing on the way out the ATM you opted not to use along with one of those machines that vends little toys in capsules.

The day's looking a bit darker out as you get into your car. Starting to look less like overcast and more like cloudy. Well, the half hour's almost up.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »

Put the groceries home
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »

Well, that's not suspicious at all!

...Did we get a receipt? What's the total?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2018, 08:52:11 pm »

edit: I'm blind.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:04:46 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2018, 08:52:46 pm »

That's kinda old.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2018, 02:55:27 am »

Well, that's not suspicious at all!

...Did we get a receipt? What's the total?

You check your receipt again. Exactly $50. Damn, that's so satisfying for some reason.

Anyways... better get this food home. Fortunately you don't live far from the store, and the overland streets aren't too crowded. Might even be good to try walking here more often. Theoretically. Soon enough you pull in at your parking space and carry the goods back to your apartment, fumbling a bit with the keys as you've got a bag under each arm.

Huh... it occurs to you that, with a job like this, you could come home and take a break whenever you wanted. Well... if there was much really to do in here. You've got a TV, a few DVDs below it, a small collection of books in the bedroom... that's about it, really. No computer. You've just been using your phone for all your net needs. Guess you could always come in and take a nap or eat something though. You bring the food over to the kitchen nook in the back and start loading it into the nearly empty fridge. You're good about not letting anything go to waste, at least.

With everything where it should be, and the paper bags stored away for later use, you take a look at the time. 7:46. Alright, there's probably still some of the morning hustle and bustle to take advantage of.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2018, 03:02:32 am »

What rides we got.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2018, 03:49:05 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2018, 06:25:01 pm »

Well, that's that. You make sure to lock your apartment and run back out to the car. Let's see... there's more drivers out right now, so there's only a couple you could get to:

* Leshawn Keller, going from the strip mall to a large electronics store.

* Nate Meyes, going from the strip mall to an apartment building.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »

Ahh, Leshawn!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:49 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2018, 06:49:09 pm »

Arriving at the strip mall, you see a tall, scrawny young man with a big backpack and braided hair standing outside the old Radio Shack, staring intently at his phone. As you roll on up, he looks at up at your car, evidently noticing your sticker. "You my ride?" he asks, approaching.

"Leshawn?" You've decided to just keep the passenger window open to facilitate such things.

"Yeah"

"Then yep," you answer. Leshawn plonks his ginormous backpack down onto the passenger seat and hops in the back, returning to his phonegazing. You swing around towards the street, passing another young-ish man with a buzz-cut waiting outside a law office. He stares at your windshield sticker as you go by. Hmm, if only it was a carpool.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2018, 08:17:37 am »

I don't think this guys gonna want to talk so lets just take him to where he wants to go.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2018, 01:25:48 pm »

The drive feels a bit longer as you don't try to start a conversation with Leshawn, who seems wrapped up in his own business. You pull up on the highway and breeze on over to the outlet store he's heading to, which is conveniently near the off ramp. "We're here," you say as you pull into the parking lot.

Leshawn looks up from his phone. "Cool. Hey, uh, could you wait out here for a bit? I might have another stop."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52