Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 47370 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG] - Things that go WHAM in the night
« Reply #405 on: July 12, 2018, 03:11:25 pm »

"No, I think it might have gone away. Maybe it's scared of you!"

"...Do you think it's safe to come out?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 12, 2018, 03:12:28 pm »

Actually, we haven't heard any more bangs since the power came back, and we got cell signal. I'm going to guess that these are connected. Open the door.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2018, 03:14:08 pm »

Actually, we haven't heard any more bangs since the power came back, and we got cell signal. I'm going to guess that these are connected. Open the door.
make sense, just hold somthing
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »

make sense, just hold somthing

Taking the toilet paper stand once again in both hands, you open the door with your elbow, tensed to swing. However, outside, there's no shadow thing. Your bedroom light is off, but from the light of the bathroom behind you and the living room out to the right, you see a trail of dark stains... footprints?... in the carpet leading from your closed bedroom window to in front of the bathroom... and back to the window. They seem to be fading away, the ones closer to the light faster.

Roger's voice comes from your phone on the bathroom sink. "Ms. Opal? Is everything okay?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2018, 03:36:05 pm »

I think it doesn't like light. Note to self: get strong flashlight.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It looks like whatever that was left when the lights came back on."

One more thing; it went through the window twice without opening or breaking it. Given the connection to darkness and that it was bashing a dumpster rather than just teleporting through, it seems that this thing can move through solid objects, but only if transparent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:43:23 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:40 pm »

"Yeah, I'm fine. It looks like whatever that was left when the lights came back on."

"Oh... Do you think you're going to be okay?"

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2018, 04:25:02 pm »

"Yeah, though I might want to buy a battery powered light. And maybe lockable window shutters. Looks like it can phase through glass or something."

Avanti!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2018, 04:41:11 pm »

"Y-yeah," you say, setting down your "weapon" and retrieving your phone. You head into your room and start digging around to see if you have that light. "I-I think I'm gonna buy a really bright flashlight. And maybe some shutters, um, I think it can phase through glass?"

"Um... okay. And, you're sure you're gonna be alright?"

"I think so. I've got the lights on now." Damn, there's no flashlight in your bedroom stuff.

"Alright... well, call me again if you need help... christ..."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:30 pm »

Say goodbye and hang up. Try to sleep, but keep your phone close.

Avanti!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 12, 2018, 05:50:12 pm »

Um, tell him that it was probably after the orange sparking leftover human bits, so he should consider not keeping those around the house, lest he attract a shadowbeast.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2018, 06:31:48 pm »

Say goodbye and hang up. Try to sleep, but keep your phone close.
Um, tell him that it was probably after the orange sparking leftover human bits, so he should consider not keeping those around the house, lest he attract a shadowbeast.

"Wait, Roger... I think it may have been after your... leftovers... so if you've got any..."

"Oh... way ahead of you. Don't worry about me."

"Alright... goodnight."

"Goodnight. Let's talk soon."

You hear a long sigh before you hang up. Yeah, whew. What the fuck... werewolves, dead dudes, now... whatever the hell that was. What a weird week this has been so far. And tomorrow, or, today technically is only Thursday. Well, better get some sleep. There's bills to pay, and therefore work to be done tomorrow. Not feeling entirely safe sleeping right next to a window tonight, you go into the living room and try pushing the couch away from the front door. Oof. Well, at least you're more tired now...

You open your eyes to see dawn light coming in through the kitchen window. 5:41 AM, says your phone.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2018, 06:45:13 pm »

Eat a bit of leftover quiche for breakfast, and try to see if our bathroom door is damaged.

Avanti!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2018, 07:09:30 pm »

You grab a chunk of quiche from the fridge. Still looks okay at least, and feels cold enough. Nibbling, you go over to look at your bathroom door. Mmmmm. There's a dent with little cracks around it on the front of it. Great...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:25 pm »

Bemoan what our life has become. Do we have a computer with internet access at our house? If so, download TOR(The Onion Router) or something similar for anonymous web browsing then use it to look up "orange sparks magic" and similar phrases.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG]
« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2018, 07:41:29 pm »

Bemoan what our life has become. Do we have a computer with internet access at our house? If so, download TOR(The Onion Router) or something similar for anonymous web browsing then use it to look up "orange sparks magic" and similar phrases.
You've got a TV, a few DVDs below it, a small collection of books in the bedroom... that's about it, really. No computer. You've just been using your phone for all your net needs.
Bemoaning what your life has become, you sigh at you your already bare apartment now being slightly damaged. It's like entropy, or something. You feel like you're not at all equipped to deal with this shit.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52