Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miners stop mining, haulers stop hauling  (Read 1397 times)

Lz_erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Miners stop mining, haulers stop hauling
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:48:40 am »

Miners sometimes stop mining and revert to No Job. I've been through the lists of probable culprits and run many searches. Removing all designations of all kinds and then remaking them is my workaround. Saving and loading is another workaround that seems like it might be helping, but both are irritating.

The hauling is worse because it eats up my dwarves' time instead of mine. I've remade these furniture stockpiles, but no hauling jobs are being scheduled for any of these items. I can dump them, but as with the barrel by the trade depot [it's mostly cloth bins actually, but it's all stuff that wasn't hauled away from the depot], there's no guarantee it'll even work.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miners stop mining, haulers stop hauling
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 03:19:35 pm »

Assuming you're playing a recent version, if you have dwarves with "No Job" for a significant length of time then either they can't access your locations or they are repeatedly taking and canceling some problematic jobs. Wood hauling is a standard suspect since it's high priority and often targets logs in inaccessible places (due to rivers, burrows, etc.).

If that's not it you might have better luck uploading a problematic save to DFFD for somebody to investigate.

Lz_erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 04:49:49 am »

Follow up: I butterfingered furniture hauling with o-u. No furniture was being hauled at all. Miners are even working at the moment. I like feeling like an idiot.

o-u

fishboyliam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:54:09 pm »

They're on strike until you give them more artifact garbo jewelry