Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parent civ war  (Read 791 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Parent civ war
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:22:17 pm »

two years in a row the dwarven diplomat gave me news that a certain goblin site attacked a dwarves site of my parent civ. Yet the world screen says that I am at peace with that goblin civ. do the relations of my parent civ not affect my peace/war standing, or is this a bug?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Parent civ war
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 04:41:59 pm »

two years in a row the dwarven diplomat gave me news that a certain goblin site attacked a dwarves site of my parent civ. Yet the world screen says that I am at peace with that goblin civ. do the relations of my parent civ not affect my peace/war standing, or is this a bug?
Local wars between sites occur. I'm not sure if these cause civ-wide wars (player sites apparently can't get involved in a local fight though, they all escalate immediately to civ-wide wars).
Raids and ambushes seem to be able to occur without a war starting but they're reported as 'attacks'. I think even a snatcher raid is an 'attack' (again, player is the exception, if your raiders get caught up in a fight, it's an automatic civ war).
But to be sure, check Legends and see exactly what happened. Then you'll know if it's a bug.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:45:37 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:59:00 pm »

thx. I hope this system will be elaborated in the future, allowing for more private wars if you are not the capital.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:04:47 pm »

thx. I hope this system will be elaborated in the future, allowing for more private wars if you are not the capital.
War seems to be the focus of the next few months expansion. We'll see how get they get. Maybe it'll just the mechanics of raising armies, fighting battles and occupation this time around rather than the trickier relationships between sites, other civ's sites and the capital which I guess is covered in Starting Scenarios.