Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87300 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »

After all that, I proudly(!) pronounce... TricMagic, IcyTea.
I see how you came to that conclusion, but sadly it's wrong. I'm not buddies with TM. I'd probably read them as neutral right now, but despite suspicion they're making themselves useful.

*ponder*

The only issue I have is with the conclusion, this is null.

What would you do to improve your read on yourself, if you were one of the rest of us? What questions would you ask? Where would you apply pressure to make cracks?
I'd probably start picking apart every statement made and expect others to do the same to me.

I'd simply ask others to explain the reasoning that brought them to their conclusions in hopes that they will slip and tell an inconsistent story or use information they shouldn't have.

I'm content with how others read me for now, and lack the energy to go for the lower-reward statements, especially when they might distract from the big picture.

We also seem to have a different definition of 'null', but that's beside the point.

Scum (if I'm not one) provisionally thinks I'm a Powertown or Powerother or Powerfaker of whatever hue. -- I'm actually unlikely to be 3rd-party, because I already 'jokingly' made that claim.
You're not taking the setup to account. Everyone's a powersomething, and the only possible third parties are SK and cult.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2018, 04:58:49 am »

Should probably have waited ‘til MaxSpin answered, but eh, he probably feels the same way I do about the question. /enigmatic
I suspect you are right.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2018, 06:30:24 am »

hector,

What should I try again? I fear it will come out a carbon copy. Townish because so many of my reads are -ishes at this point of the game. Active because I have tried to be, and reasoned because I have tried to be. I know the town intention of both, but have I succeeded? If by communicating I have helped myself and the other town form correct opinions and that is not something I can answer in whole; I expect and desire more feedback on further days even for my own part and thus the qualifiers.

For what it is worth or not worth to you: while I am not certain just where you make the cutoff for deriding "the last bit is commentary," the phrases about being cautious and bumbling into trees are indeed part of my internal (though I doubt 'objective') self-analysis, perhaps more so than the preceding however informal. In the later parts I am conscious of my frustrations, while in the early words – as I became aware while I composed them – I am to some degree leading with what others have previously (and equally vaguely) said about me as part of my attempt to fashion a viewpoint of looking back toward myself.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2018, 06:48:02 am »

After all that, I proudly(!) pronounce... TricMagic, IcyTea.
I see how you came to that conclusion,
You probably don't, actually.

Starver

Would you kindly expand on your reads regarding IcyTea and blueturtle, if possible.
Sorry, not right now. I'd be uncomfortable establishing the weight of my justifications.

Quote from: Back to Icy
Scum (if I'm not one) provisionally thinks I'm a Powertown or Powerother or Powerfaker of whatever hue. -- I'm actually unlikely to be 3rd-party, because I already 'jokingly' made that claim.
You're not taking the setup to account. Everyone's a powersomething,
Yep, not actually what I meant. But I was supposedly thinking in terms of what others supposedly thought of me, so it's already a dubious statement at best.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2018, 07:16:46 am »

If you claim your logic is so complex that I can't understand it, it's probably too complex to pass Ockham's Razor. It's a little early for crazy next-level gambits, don't you think?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2018, 07:25:45 am »

(Didn't say that, either. But doesn't matter.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2018, 09:45:50 am »

(Hey, so I heard this game was in need of a replacement. Where do I sign up?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2018, 11:40:34 am »

Right here, friend. Let's get you replaced in for BHK...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2018, 12:26:52 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm now in the game. Going to quickly read through the thread now.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2018, 12:43:18 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm now in the game. Going to quickly read through the thread now.
Time Extend Until September

:P

(In personal news, this weekend is no longer sending me through the Highlands. Cancelled until maybe September, when it's not too hot probably too wet instead!. So no blank spots in coverage that I can blame.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 03, 2018, 01:21:13 pm »

Right here, friend. Let's get you replaced in for BHK...

Are we having an extension to allow RGU to catch up?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 03, 2018, 01:22:22 pm »

I would say no due to uncertainty. Unless we have another thing to talk about.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 03, 2018, 01:27:49 pm »

Well he joined 3 1/2 hours prior to deadline. Not enough time to read through the thread and come to conclusions.

It’s up to him if he wants to ask for one, I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 03, 2018, 01:33:12 pm »

Oh, in that case, could someone do a quick recap on the case against BHK? It seems that it was mostly a combination of lurking and voting the miller claim.

I played as mafia in the last game and a miller claim day 1 was enough to survive for the rest of the game and almost win, despite having my full role mod revealed during the start of first day. Could have been a mafia win, but the survivor claim also turned out to actually be a serial killer and the game ended with a mutual kill. Don't believe in all claims, especially those you can't prove or confirm. For a cop, there is no way to differentiate between a miller and a scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:50 pm »

It wasn’t a Miller claim in the last game, your role was revealed at the start and people assumed Miller :P you were also among the most active in the last game, providing backing for my “activity is not indicative of alignment” maxim.

BHK chose Tric to be his vote for the day after the very first post of the game, and decided that was enough effort for him.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55