Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87303 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That makes 3 then, including me.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to mafiascum:

A Role Modifier is an additional ability or property that alters a role's normal operation or adds a new element altogether. Generally, only one modifier is given to a role (if at all), but some theme games have given a role two or more modifiers in effective and creative ways. There are many reasons why mods use modifiers; balancing strong roles, improving/altering the dynamic of role combinations, creativity and other meta reasons. Strictly speaking, any type of trait can be attached to an existing role.

Click the link, it has examples and a helpful list of various modifiers.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modifiers here. Not saying how oppressive, though somewhat extra-limiting function.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Well we’ve kinda let scum know the secret now. I was looking forward to full claims, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless y’all are scum pretending to have modifiers. I guess we can’t rule that out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suspect the scum team might also have modifiers on their roles. And if scum had, it would probably be one of the first things they would talk about. I feel sharing information like this helps the town more than it helps scum because it promotes discussion and exchanging ideas.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If scum all have modifiers, like everyone, I'd expect them to stay silent until they knew it applied to everyone. Ditto they wouldn't have anything to say if they hadn't, until they knew that it was something they should maybe have as Townies.

Then would have to rush in as quickly as they can to mix it with the naive townies (either way) and not look like the exceptions. But that assumes that they're there to rush in at the right moment, which doesn't help things. I'm provisionally looking at the poster revelations before the MafiaScum link as slightly more blessed, but for all those immediately after (including myself) would have been swung slightly the other way, in probability terms. But Hector sort of blew that, straight off, for all the best reasons.

(Though I suspect there's modifers all round, tuned to balance things. Maybe even secret modifiers, though I obviously wouldn't know if I had one of those myself. Yet.)

So long nobody starts talking about our special one-time pro-Town day-skills that we activate with the code-word slipped into open day-chat, though, I'm sure we can still keep the enemy guessing, right guys? Just like a Funicular, isn't it?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It may be too late, but I'd like to use my personal extension, since I was out enjoying my holiday and completely forgot that the deadline was today.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Dangit, i forgot to bold that. I'd like to use my personal extension

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FoU had said on Dicord that the day had actually ended like an hour ago, so I'm not sure if we can still extend more.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day ended 4 hours ago, so I’d personally say it’s too late, and I’d also like to tell y’all to shush, and wait for FoU to process it.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posted this on discord so I'm obligated to put it here for everyone to see I guess:

Didn't someone mention that Mafia will want to keep us in early voting phase for longer? In that view, what does that say about those that burnt personal extensions to keep us on day 1, where, by definition, we have no concrete evidence to go off of?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I feel obliged to remind everyone, particularly blueturtle, not to talk about the game outside the game. If you are too excitable to keep from blurting things out in other channels, maybe mafia is not for you?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel obliged to remind everyone, particularly blueturtle, not to talk about the game outside the game. If you are too excitable to keep from blurting things out in other channels, maybe mafia is not for you?

I was kind of thinking that but I didn't think it was legitimate enough to mention in thread so I just muttered it somewhere else. In retrospect, I have no idea what I was thinking.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

The main thing is just to remember not to say anything that might implicate the strategy, actions, interpretations, (et al) of this particular game in any way. If what you have to say is remotely suggestive of anything at all, it needs to be in the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55