Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87267 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to die tonight..

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Also, what's your read list Max Spin?
Hm, let's see. I'm going to copy the format from hec's claims list so don't be surprised that the order is the same.

MaxSpin: Town. I mean I'm not going to say anything else.
RGU: Third-party, possibly really a cop who has been tricked, but either way probably an SK. Maybe the even to his odds is MURDER.
MM: Town, I guess. Not sure, but he doesn't scream scum at me.
Tric: probably really a miller. I feel that your, well, general sense of naiveté is genuine and town-directed. I also think you are possibly insane.
hector: I don't know why I feel so convinced that he's an investigator but I DO. Town.
Starver: Extremely suspicious. Probably definitely mafia. Maybe a cultist, though, if Fallacy felt like pulling out all the stops? I wouldn't put that past him.
blueturtle: Possibly mafia. Mild suspicion, not high.
IcyTea: Null to town. No reason for suspicion, but I feel like, I don't know. Town by default.
juicebox: MISSING. That says enough on its own.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[cruelly voting for me]
Okay, blueturtle. What do I have to do to get you into a new car voting for Starver today?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tric: probably really a miller. I feel that your, well, general sense of naiveté is genuine and town-directed. I also think you are possibly insane.

Not a bad estimation. Problem though.

Why are you trying to pin the SK label on Rgun? I feel you would be a better fit for that.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[cruelly voting for me]
Okay, blueturtle. What do I have to do to get you into a new car voting for Starver today?

Wait, what's suspicious about Starver?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This comes back to the joke posts from the beginning of the game. Starver wanted people to visit him at night. And Max Spin joked about being SK.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are you trying to pin the SK label on Rgun? I feel you would be a better fit for that.
Beeeeecause I am not a serial killer? (coming soon on netflix) And I think he is one. I can't just unthink that because it confuses you.
Is this like the thing where denying being scum and offering alternative explanations is considered scummy, instead of the logical thing anyone would do after being accused of being scum and thus totally nonprejudicial?

Everything. You don't see it? :-/ His whole, uh, demeanor. Eh, I can't really explain in specific details, I'm too much of an N, so if that doesn't work for you, just tell me how I can get you to vote for anyone who isn't me. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put simply, he wishes to knock suspicions off himself, while letting people think such a suspicion is town. It's not by the way.

Nin'd By MS. Case in point.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait.

Why am I scum all of a sudden, in Spin's book?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have three (somewhat conflicting) scenarios in mind, regarding that challenge. I'm still waiting for a particular (type of) clue to break the deadlock in my head, and starting to think it won't come today. (No, I'm not saying what, because then it'll be easy to trump up the 'right' answer. Or avoid giving the 'wrong' one.) As far as actively hunting is concerned, I'm going to have to stay away from that whole and query Tric's actual acts last night. That claim just seems off reality. Either it's a false-claim (for possibly honourable reasons that I must find out for myself) or you got inflicted (knowingly or unknowingly) by something more than the supposed action-delayer.

As to my 'lexical' entry, I've been checking if that's an in-game term, but it's probably just a comment on my style of communicating. Can't argue with that, naturally. (Well, not succinctly!)

PPE(s): Hey, stop ninjaing me! After so much quiet, why activity now?

Okay, Starver. What are your three scenarios?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic,

I don't think you ever explained why you thought (still think?) there was a different death supposed to take place last night.
You also noticeably say you don't have your result yet, which as the delayer I believe.
So what gives? What other knowledge do you have (or thought you had)?

*Pointedly ignoring Max Spin's antics.*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beeeeecause I am not a serial killer? (coming soon on netflix) And I think he is one. I can't just unthink that because it confuses you.
Is this like the thing where denying being scum and offering alternative explanations is considered scummy, instead of the logical thing anyone would do after being accused of being scum and thus totally nonprejudicial?

Everything. You don't see it? :-/ His whole, uh, demeanor. Eh, I can't really explain in specific details, I'm too much of an N, so if that doesn't work for you, just tell me how I can get you to vote for anyone who isn't me. :P

You could always try to come up with reasons to lynch me. Maybe you're have better luck than moony did.

Moment Ninja-san

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait.

Why am I scum all of a sudden, in Spin's book?
I'm sort of bad at explaining these things, and it's also very hard to be sure with you because I haven't seen you play mafia before, but, just on my prospective model of how a blueturtle reacts, you seem more in line with the hypothetical mafia blueturtle than the hypothetical town blueturtle. The problem is that I can't really point to any specific data point and say "only a scum blueturtle would do this, not a town blueturtle"; it's like global warming. Just a bunch of tiny statistical divergences where no individual case is clearly out of the norm.

If you are town, feel free to act more like town and I will update my model accordingly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »

Taking time out of my scheduled post to point out that voting for you is mafia behavior apparently. How does one act town?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put simply, he wishes to knock suspicions off himself, while letting people think such a suspicion is town. It's not by the way.

Just to make sure my referents are in order: because Max Spin says he suspects Starver, it is no longer town-worthy to make the accusation?

Did I parse that correctly?

And didn't you say you suspected Starver and would continue to do so until you get your results?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55