Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87270 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2018, 08:55:45 pm »

If he’s convincing folk not to kill Tric, can we thus assume he thinks Tric is the townie?
I would not recommend assuming that in the least! I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just theorising what the secret is. And Tric shot it down now, anyway. That said, I'm now falling back to my previous theory "there is no secret power, Tric is just bullshitting".

Or he's bullshitting that he's bullshitting, there is a secret power, and he was lying when he shot you down.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY WIFOM!

Can I Sig this?

nin'd

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2018, 08:59:45 pm »

A wild Jester has appeared!

I already put some of my reads out there when I deconstructed BHK's list. And you got my list of suspicions just a bt earlier. One that you are on Juicy..

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:44 pm »

If he’s convincing folk not to kill Tric, can we thus assume he thinks Tric is the townie?
I would not recommend assuming that in the least! I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just theorising what the secret is. And Tric shot it down now, anyway. That said, I'm now falling back to my previous theory "there is no secret power, Tric is just bullshitting".

Or he's bullshitting that he's bullshitting, there is a secret power, and he was lying when he shot you down.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY WIFOM!

Can I Sig this?

nin'd

Yes, absolutely.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »

This is interesting, considering I've only made two posts up to this point. Would you be willing to share what exactly seems off?
Can't go into too much detail or you'll change your behaviour and I'll have to reset the model. But I will  tell you that the first sentence is one of the answers to the second. Only two posts? What're you so afraid of?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:07 pm »

Also:
No, I just play an Honest Game. It's literally my thing. Nothing more to it.
If that's the case, I can only conclude you've been leading people on intentionally, and that's also reason to lynch you. I don't believe that you didn't notice how people would react to your capitalised, italicised repetition of Honest for a second. That's clearly a word trying way too hard to convey that it's a hint.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2018, 09:16:03 pm »

The fact you came to that conclusion is interesting. but how else would I get my Honesty of Words across? I can't help but italic it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2018, 09:30:11 pm »

Right now, I hae a townread on mightymouse, hector, Starver, Max, and IcyTea. All of them are trying to generate some discussion and start to scumhunt. Everybody else except Tric is a null read for me.

...You've had your vote on me since the first 6-7 hours of the game. And haven't let up at all.

Well first I'd like to say that I am a jester

Secondly, TricMagic is scum, town would never offer an SK a gun.

And this is the entirety of one of your two posts? Hua.. Complain about my first vote not having any ground, but I did quote the whole pacifist mafia bit.
this is slowly becoming pacifist mafia

This will not do. Vote BlackHeartKabel

Uh, Moony, your pacifist is showing..

That was my entire reason for voting there. Jester just started out with me offering a gun. Decent, but no follow up makes for poor play. And we've had a most of this week by now.

And we've already gone over his Joke'. It's not funny anymore.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2018, 10:00:00 pm »

No one here. O..K.... Night.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2018, 10:13:29 pm »

By the way, Tric, it looks better if you click quote on my post, then copy the resulting BBCode into your sig. More conventional than a link.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »

Juice is no jester. As noted before, the only third parties allowed by the setup are SKs and cultists.

Tric, I'm having trouble parsing some of your posts before. Could you get into the habit of previewing your messages?

Fallacy, is it possible for two players to have the same role?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2018, 11:03:31 pm »

Darkwarlock talked on Discord, so I thought I'd just relay it here:
I don't like that you did any of this. Except where directed (and/or mediated and/or kept copied in) by the GM, chattering about a game outside of sanctioned channels (starting with the game thread, and only adding to that with explicit GM approval) is problematic.

Especially if you then report it as fact while potentially being fake yet unrefutable for various possible in-game reasons.

Just so you know how I'm thinking.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2018, 11:06:00 pm »

If you're wondering, I did grant blueturtle permission to post that. Do try to keep the game inside the thread, though.
Ah, good. Still uneasy, but not now so rabid about it that I couldn't even bear to read one more post onwards. Just want to echo the "keeping the game inside the thread" wish, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2018, 11:08:24 pm »

The screenshot from Discord is real. Both Darkwarlock and blueturtle did get yelled at about it, by both me and Fallacy as well as some bystanders (such as Tiruin). Honestly, I'm still a bit irked that blueturtle then felt the need to keep talking about it for a little while, but the message did seem to get across, finally.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2018, 11:12:19 pm »

Starver vs Spin. Don't like Starver, like Spin. My bet is on Spin.
I didn't know we were in direct competition...  (I don't begrudge that Max had fairly randomly voted for me, if that's what that's a reference to.)

So, I suppose I might as well take that as a compliment.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2018, 11:25:28 pm »

Impressions, before now it's after bedtime so I'm tired.

darkwarlock3 is afraid of their own role? That's just weird.
(Thankfully blueturtle got to post it, I'm not on discord.)
So he didn't just notice... he was aware and intentionally lurking... scared of his role, but not for the reason I'm thinking.

That means a high-stakes investigative role or third party, then?

Something with a "Mostly" modifier, I'd judge. I mean, a third party role may be lonesome to play but you usually aren't afraid of your capability. Sounds more like CPR Doctor – just one example, convenient because it's vanilla enough to be recognized – where not using it when you should is bad for your team but choosing the wrong target is also bad for your team. Either that or some really oddball modifier like compulsively targets the first person he addresses by name each day – first oddball example I thought of – and not sure how to use that without looking even more suspicious for having to work around the post restriction.

Hard to narrow it down without more hint dropping. I wonder if he'll be active at night or skip out altogether?

Moony: What the hell?

Maximum Spin:
Okay, as promised, I'll explain what I think. I don't actually see a way it could be harmful to do so, right now. Therefore: TricMagic. You keep saying Honest. You mentioned the yugioh card, so I looked that up. Honest, Monster, LIGHT, [Fairy / Effect]... "You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the end of this turn." You're a self-sacrificer, right? That's how your gunsmithing works. You have to be dead to do it. Sound right?

Now I feel dumb for not thinking to look that up myself. This. This is what feels off about Tric, he's playing like he's not going to survive to the end no matter what.

Okay, so maybe you didn't get the actual power, but I think you're onto something. The question is, does he actually help someone by dying, and if so which side is he really on? Or did he just see the combination of miller and gun merchant in his PM and decide he's a top target for both sides?

I don't believe that you didn't notice how people would react to your capitalised, italicised repetition of Honest for a second. That's clearly a word trying way too hard to convey that it's a hint.

Normally I'd agree with you, but in the game he linked I think I saw him doing the same thing. It could be just a signature style.
But gawd all the sig images. Half the time I couldn't find the actual post. I didn't stay long enough to check italic frequency.

juicebox: So your early vote started as an early vote but isn't any longer. Do you understand that leaving a vote on someone and not doing any follow-up thereafter is more or less exactly why I voted BlackHeartKabal?

Oh that reminds me, Unvote BHK.
For all the pain in the behind he gives me by being obdurate, voting the miller is technically a town move. That anybody can fake, but I'm losing my sense of urgency and hoping I'm not just being outlasted.

Vote TricMagic for playing mind games
Nah, I'm too sleepy to want to leave that on overnight.

Oh, and at least 4 ninjas. Probably more.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55