Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 86207 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2018, 01:49:33 pm »

Are we having an extension to allow RGU to catch up?
That's a good point. Let's make it a small one, though.

By the power of the mod, for the sake of fairness and thread-reading, the Day has been extended to Wednesday, 4:00 PM Central/Forum time.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 03, 2018, 02:06:19 pm »

It wasn’t a Miller claim in the last game, your role was revealed at the start and people assumed Miller :P you were also among the most active in the last game, providing backing for my “activity is not indicative of alignment” maxim.

BHK chose Tric to be his vote for the day after the very first post of the game, and decided that was enough effort for him.

That actually sounds really bad and I would have honestly voted for him at that point. While activity might not be indicative of alignment, lurking and staying silent is harmful and antitown since discussion and lynching are the two main weapons of the town. We can't talk during the night, unlike the mafia.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile there is me, staying quiet.

Who would you vote for after reading the thread? A read list may also be useful.

Also, BlackWarlock, post as well.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't even read the whole thread yet, I still need time to catch up.

You know, it's weird thay you're saying that you are staying quiet, then immediately request another quiet player to post. Just saying.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's a busy day for me. And I'm pretty sure we went over everything, unless someone wants to talk about something, there isn't much else to discuss.

Moony is still AFK from this, and DarkWarlock needs to start talking.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2018, 03:50:14 pm »

Sorry about the inactivity my days are being eaten up by family

My role is actually good for the town its just the modifier I have is what I'm afraid of

It seems to be because of stuff unrelated to the game, though. Still reading back and found that post.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Oh. Another extension. Yay. Maybe N1 will be over by next month. I'm not looking to switch out but I really didn't intend to sign up for Fallacy's Eternal Mafia II: This Time It's Personal :P

You know, it's weird thay you're saying that you are staying quiet, then immediately request another quiet player to post. Just saying.
TricMagic is weird. Just saying.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Another extension. Yay. Maybe N1 will be over by next month. I'm not looking to switch out but I really didn't intend to sign up for Fallacy's Eternal Mafia II: This Time It's Personal :P

TricMagic is weird. Just saying.
I know, I have seen him. I just wanted to point that out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have read a part of the thread and noticed a tendency in TricMagic's posts. He seems to speak little and when he posts there isn't lof of information, but he continuously and repeatedly insists on having others posts. Many of his posts seem to be "This guy isn't posting, post now", but little else. I don't think making many short posts of one or two lines long to count as activity, I would rather see people take time and work on long and extensive posts instead. Maybe I'm just seeing the posts in which he did this and changes this behavior later, but I haven't read that part yet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bedtime right now, and you obviously haven't read my breakdown of BHK's list, or the Wall..

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I searched that wall you mentiomed. While it has some useful stuff, at least 2/3 of it were just quotes, spaces or short lines of text. I did skim through it, though, but that was my impression. Kind of like it tries to be long, but doesn't have a lot of content. I'm going to make a more in depth read later when I stop being busy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

I really didn't intend to sign up for Fallacy's Eternal Mafia II: This Time It's Personal :P
Don't make me make that a real thing. It would be a bastard mod with a bunch of mechanics based around extensions.
~~~
Fallacy, is it possible for two players to have the same role?
Possible but unlikely for two players to have exactly the same role. More likely(but still not guaranteed) would be players sharing the same archetype(e.g, Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper, Roleblocker, Vigilante, etc...)
~~~
VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[0] Starver:
*[0] blueturtle1134:
[3] TricMagic: juicebox, randomgenericusername, MoonyTheHuman
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[0] randomgenericusername:
*[0] juicebox:
#*[6] MoonyTheHuman: hector13, mightymushroom, TricMagic, blueturtle1134, Maximum Spin, IcyTea
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[0] darkwarlock3:
*[0] Maximum Spin:

Not voting: darkwarlock3, Starver
To Extend the Day: This is not an option, for the moment. The power in today's day has been expended. Not much can bend time now, only the exertion of one's personal power or ripples in reality itself.
*Personal extension, yet unused.
#This player's grasp on reality is weak. Anyone from Outside could come and steal their place. (up for replacement)

At the moment, the Day will end 4:00 PM Wednesday Central/Forum time. As that's July fourth, a holiday in at least one country, reality may be merciful and allow another 24 hour extension if sufficiently requested. Alternatively, someone might choose to use their personal extension to do so. At the moment, MoonyTheHuman is up for the lynch... but they've asked to be replaced out. Do think about that.
Please do tell me if you think the vote count is wrong.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So TricMagic claims to be a Miller Gunsmith. I also have a role with a modifier on it. Did anyone else get a modifier attached to their role? While I don't want yet to claim my role (It's the first day after all and don't really want to make myself a target so soon), I'm going to say that it has the Odd Night modifier, and only works on odd nights (1, 3, 5, etc.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*chirping crickets amidst fireworks*

And of course most of it was quotes, where else would I make my points?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

My power has a limiting factor, but one that wouldn't be inconceivable even in a completely vanilla game, so I'm 50/50 on whether it counts as a "modifier".
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55