Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Secret of the Vaults doesn't seem to work (Spoilers, of course)  (Read 1409 times)

BruceyBoyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, this might be a save compatibility issue, but I'm reasonably sure 43.05 saves are still meant to be compatible with 44.10.

My rather powerful adventurer from 43.05 has acquired the second slab of his career. Funny story, the first clown i had with me still lives in some dark pits after he ignited the grass and trapped himself on all sides, and I had to leave him. Clown indeed. I've used the mighty Legends mode to confirm that the slab I've read, and am carrying, is that of the demon I'm currently visiting. As I stand, with the slab in my hand, literally reading it again in front of the demon's face, I still don't have either chat option available to banish/bind this demon.

Are saves incompatible, or is this just not a thing you can do any more? Or has the process been altered somehow?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

As far as I know it should still work. My guess would be a save compatibility issue, 43.05 does sound like a bit of a stretch to me.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

BruceyBoyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, well, I invoke.lua'd the demon since I should be able to anyway. Unfortunately it seems to only be able to move when it's attacking a target, which means I need a trail of goblins to attack and lead it outside - and dfhack's teleport command doesn't seem to work. (it... seems that it needs a unit id, but can't actually accept one...)

EDIT: Never mind, I messed up the co-ordinates... causing it to have an issue parsing the ID that comes before them, somehow.
EDIT2: Or not. Well, anyway, time to do... uh... something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:50:04 pm by BruceyBoyo »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hmm does the demon talk to you? or you're trying to move a giant slab of unholy meat around? I think companion order should still work if you invoke someone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BruceyBoyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, after some major league messing around,I managed to questport far away with the demon in tow, and then questported back next to the fortess for fairness. (It seems to questport out of non-travel zones, you actually have to pin a quest...) After questporting it now follows me around like a normal companion/bound  demon. I have, however discovered something... interesting.

This demon is two historical figures.

No, there aren't two of it... but this one, single demon is in fact two identical historical figures. I noticed two of it listed as my companions, and upon checking legends mode (the data there was exported before I starting dfhacking this guy) it only shows up once in the list of historical figures, but it shows up as being twice related to the dark fortress (the first two historical figures, indeed) yet, both links divert to the same demon, not a copy, as "both" created the slab and stored it in the vault, but the vault only dealt with one.

So,  apparently it double-lived in that dark fortress and it's currently my companion twice. Upon digging some more, it seems every Dark Fortress I'd entered to any extent (including just loading the site and not reaching any towers, in the case of this demon, at the time of the legends data export) has had not only its master relate twice to it, but one histfig for every "building" constructed within has been associated twice. I'd put it down to  the new Legends Viewer being broken with its "related historical figures" display, if not for the fact the game agrees and the demon became my companion twice. I'll probably experiment on my new-version world, once I'm able, but for this, this is... yeah. Oh, and Legends viewer still sees this even on an old export of the world data, from it's never even been loaded into the new version - and still, the weirdness seems to affect each dark fortress that I've visited SINCE then.

What even.