Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magnetite Embark?  (Read 1091 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magnetite Embark?
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:26:15 pm »

Old player poking my head back in after getting a hankering for playing again. Looked around but didn't notice a thread dedicated for requesting certain types of embarks or at least suggestions for them.

Specifically I'm looking for a embark with lots of magnetite, I seem to recall most embarks I did I never came across magnetite except for one that just so happened to have a magma pool. Don't know if they're oddly rare or if where I tended to embark was the wrong places. Ideally it would be nice to have a easy source of magma whether a pool, volcano, or oddly easy to find magma sea along with water and other goodies but a decent magnetite start would be good or at least suggestions on genning worlds to fit my needs.

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnetite Embark?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:43:43 pm »

I have one saved embark beginning (designated mining area, but digging hasn't started)
I don't know about lava, but there is magnetite, hematite, limonite, lignite and bituminous coal
and only one cavern layer

If it satisfied your requirements I can drop it in dffd

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 03:57:24 pm »

If you could that would be awesome. I'd still be open to other embarks even while peaking at that one. I just have fond memories of the embark in my sig, so much iron I was makin everything out of iron and making bedrooms out of magnetite clusters. Might be fun to find a magnetite volcano embark and sheath the volcano in iron.

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:13 pm »

Sure
btw,  you should consider using dfHack in case you don't already. There is command "prospect all" that list all ore, stone, gem, tree etc in desired location before you embark. Saved me a lot of time finding location with iron  :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:38:56 pm »

There's also embark-assistant which is included in DFHack. It allows you to search for embarks with features the vanilla finder doesn't contain http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169634.msg7697068#msg7697068.