Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist - Is this supposed to work this way?  (Read 965 times)

Atri

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist - Is this supposed to work this way?
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:49:38 am »

Hello there.
I have recently gotten myself into the amazing world of Dwarf Fortress, and have been using a starter pack from this forum along with video and text tutorials.
But recently I started noticing something that none of the tutorials or even the posts on this forum (from what I searched around) talk about.

Whenever I (for example) give my best miner, the ''Miner'' labour, in Dwarf Therapist, and commit the changes, he has it on. But give it a day (DF time) and when I go back to Dwarf Therapist, he doesn't have mining assigned anymore.

Is this normal?
Does Dwarf Therapist only give dwarves jobs that need to be done right now, (as in, once it's complete he stops being a miner)?
or is it how I think it is: You give a dwarf a job and he keeps it until you un-do it?

-Thank you for any help.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist - Is this supposed to work this way?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:41:33 am »

He keeps the labour on, maybe you have auto-labor from dfhack on? That ruins therapist

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:49:38 am »

Hello Atri and welcome to the forum.

Unless it changed with the latest versions of DTherapist, then your dwarves should keep their labors until you deactivate them yourself. The only exception (iirc) is that miner,woodcutter and hunting are mutualy exclusive, meaning that if you assign your miner to hunting or woodcutting then mining will be automaticaly disabled.

With that said, DT is an unofficial 3rd party utility so you should probably ask in it's own thread. People are more likely to know more about DT there and if it turns out it's a new bug it will help them with solving it.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Atri

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 11:14:07 am »

Thank you both for the help. I didn't know about the Mining/Woodcutting/Hunting exclusion, so this will help a lot in the future.

But my problem right here was fixed by turning of DFHack's auto labour (which i didn't even know about).

But thanks to both of you, I'll have a better time playing. Thank you again, and have a great time living :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:07:54 pm »

The various automatic labor assignment plugins (I think there have been at least two of them) override manual job assignments regardless of whether they were made using DT or the vanilla interface.
Also note that the three jobs with "invisible uniform" mentioned also clash with military uniforms (which includes weapons), so those dorfs should be kept out of the militia.

Atri

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »

The various automatic labor assignment plugins (I think there have been at least two of them) override manual job assignments regardless of whether they were made using DT or the vanilla interface.
Also note that the three jobs with "invisible uniform" mentioned also clash with military uniforms (which includes weapons), so those dorfs should be kept out of the militia.

Good to know. Thanks lad!