Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.87  (Read 84325 times)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.87
« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2021, 06:17:51 pm »

Hi, I love the mod, great work on it! But I was curious about one thing though, apologies if this question was answered earlier, but I didn't see it. Was the Fext race removed, or was it just renamed or something? If it was removed, why?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2021, 06:30:55 pm »

7. The problem is that every posthuman tribe besides the Fext were incredibly half-baked. I figured I may as well merge them all into the Fext to create a single combined entity. I will re-add diversity in some way however, probably in the form of cyborgs so diverged from conventional posthumans that they are their own species.

They're all rolled into "Asura-class posthumans" - it seems.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2021, 12:49:34 am »

Hi, I love the mod, great work on it! But I was curious about one thing though, apologies if this question was answered earlier, but I didn't see it. Was the Fext race removed, or was it just renamed or something? If it was removed, why?

They're the Asura race now. They're more or less entirely the same visually, but the name was changed because as another guy pointed out, I had no clue what to do with them early on in terms of anything besides "synthetic humans with white skin and pointy metal teeth, divided into an intelligent ruling class and creepy servant class". Like I've spent pretty much the past year or so trying to figure out what they are beyond that, and I am really close to solidifying the lore.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:42:53 pm by squamous »
So I've got a Patreon now if you wanna get in on that: https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]